Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 17 2014, 06:26 AM   #1261
FreezeC77
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

sojourner wrote: View Post
So, now that we've seen Lizzie killing bunnies does anyone still doubt she was the one dissecting rats back at the prison?
Lizzie with Judith reminded me a bit of the scene in MASH where a Korean woman ended up smothering a baby because it was crying and they were going to be caught by a North Korean patrol. I'm trying to remember the context, but I think Hawkeye was with them and was the one who told the Mother to keep the child quiet, but didn't realize she had killed the child and it ended up causing him to have a mental breakdown.

Anyway, seeing what Lizzie was doing I really think the whole Carol 'covered' for Lizzie thing is legit. She probably felt somewhat responsible for how she trained/taught Lizzie to survive and that's why she took the blame for the deaths of Tyrese's gf and the other person. I don't think Lizzie would have been able to drag both bodies out so it was likely Carol who discovered Lizzie killed them in the infirmary and then Carol dragged them out and burned the bodies.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 06:39 AM   #1262
sojourner
Admiral

Yeah, made me think of MASH as well, until she started to get that gleam in her eye. Not convinced that Lizzie killed those two people though. I don't think she had progressed to killing people at that point.
Old February 17 2014, 07:03 AM   #1263
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Gotta wonder if this episode was so good because Rick wasn't in it?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 08:12 AM   #1264
Borgminister

Nope, don't gotta.

Every episode is an alll-out effort.
Borgminister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 08:23 AM   #1265
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

First....CAROL IS BACK!!! YES!!! At long last, the moral compass of the Atlanta group--the heart of this series is back to set things straight.

Second, yes, Lizzie is sadistic, and I see her fate being very grim by the end of this season, or the beginning of 5. I feel there's no way to change her, other than Carol being an example in front of her eyes.

Third, I thought Daryl would fall into a hopeless mode, but exactly who is Beth writing to..and what's up with the "expecting" line? Is this a story? A delusion where she mixes what happened on the farm with fantasy? Is Maggie pregnant? Is she writing to God, or her father?

She seems like she's on the border of a breakdown. Some believe the showrunner's statement that Beth's earlier "don't care" attitude about death will come back at the end of the season means another major character death (ex. Maggie) will finish season 4.

As far as Abraham goes, we will see how close he is to the source.......and if he follows the same path...
Old February 17 2014, 09:28 AM   #1266
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

^ Who does anyone write to when they keep a diary?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 10:38 AM   #1267
Ethros
Vice Admiral

OMG! As a fan of the comics the ending was awesome!!

They all looked so great, really brought to life from the page. Even Eugene's mullet
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 10:39 AM   #1268
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

"Dear Diary...."
Old February 17 2014, 01:42 PM   #1269
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
she's not writing to herself; what we hear sounds like she's addressing someone else.
Old February 17 2014, 01:46 PM   #1270
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Third, I thought Daryl would fall into a hopeless mode, but exactly who is Beth writing to..and what's up with the "expecting" line? Is this a story? A delusion where she mixes what happened on the farm with fantasy? Is Maggie pregnant? Is she writing to God, or her father?
It was an excerpt from what she wrote when they left the farm and went to the prison, it wasn't what she was writing 'now'. The expecting line was about Lori.

I liked this episode better than last week. Loved how they worked together Beth/Daryl and Tyreese/the girls. That scene where Lizzy was smothering Judith...wow. That was pretty brave for tv, I can imagine a lot of people would have been very disturbed by that.

One thing though...are zombies really lured away by fire? I mean, I get they're attracted by noise but is it enough to get distract them from meat?

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 02:30 PM   #1271
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

I am confused by the fate of the bus. Maggie was able to catch up to it in a day or so. That means it couldn't have been very far from the prison. I doubt they pulled over and let a walker on board, so that means someone turned.

But one person turning couldn't have caused all that death, and we have seen that turning doesn't happen quickly. There should have been time for most everyone to get off the bus. But there it was sealed, with about a dozen walkers.

The bus looked full when it left the prison, so there should be a lot more people somewhere.

I think they went for a cool scene, that didn't really make much sense.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 03:47 PM   #1272
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

I'm just amused by how they conveniently killed off all the remaining unnamed extras in this episode, just like the fire arrow barrage on Lost.
Old February 17 2014, 03:50 PM   #1273
dansigal
Commander

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
she's not writing to herself; what we hear sounds like she's addressing someone else.
I think the point he was trying to make was, when anyone writes in a diary, they are not writing to themselves, they are writing to the diary. As in "Dear Diary" At one point she even says "i stopped writing after the farm, but I found you when we got the prison" referring specifically to the diary as the "person" she is writing to.
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 04:00 PM   #1274
shivkala
Rear Admiral

^
It's a common technique to do exposition through a voice-over reading of a private diary (read by the one keeping the diary) or to fit with this board, A Captain's Log. I don't think she was writing to anyone per se.

It's done for the same reason as The Voiceover Letter, namely to cover exposition, without making us read something.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 04:02 PM   #1275
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
I am confused by the fate of the bus. Maggie was able to catch up to it in a day or so. That means it couldn't have been very far from the prison. I doubt they pulled over and let a walker on board, so that means someone turned.
...and just how did Glenn--barely standing in "Too Far Gone"--manage to avoid walkers in the yard to make it up to the destroyed walkway?

But one person turning couldn't have caused all that death, and we have seen that turning doesn't happen quickly. There should have been time for most everyone to get off the bus. But there it was sealed, with about a dozen walkers.
That was lazy, convenient writing, since one person turning would be easy to handle, and even if he or she managed to bite another, who would not kick the infected victim off of the bus?

The producers needed to get rid of the last of the Woodbury refugees, so they picked one that--as you pointed out--made no sense at all.