TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 12 2014, 03:34 AM   #1216
Mojochi
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
In fact, why did they run off in the wild blue yonder when it was not necessary? The Governor's small group was largely dead by the time Daryl destroyed the tank, so they did not have to run far.
I think it was because the prison was overrun with walkers shortly thereafter. They're everywhere by the time Michonne comes back, & not only had they spent much of their ammo & been split up, the fence had been run down by The Gov's army (Which was a pretty stupid strategy, come to think of it) WTF were they going to do with a fenceless prison?

Still, a lot of the drive for that attack was all nutsy Governor thinking anyhow.

I didn't mind that Michonne managed to walk among the zombies so much. I mean, it was a bit of a stretch, & they could have minimized that a bit had they covered her up in some guts like Rick & Glen in S1, but still, I'll get over that too. I clump that one in with the mystery of what zombies can & can't do. They get a little bit of slack where the sci-fi angle comes in, imho

I usually only call to attention when the common sense character consistency is a bit thin
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2014, 07:02 AM   #1217
.:: TSN ::.
Lieutenant Commander

Yoda wrote: View Post
TheSeeker wrote: View Post
Have you seen the actress on the Talking Dead? She is completely different in real life, so I would say her acting is quite good.
I caught her on Conan. She seemed super shy. I wouldn't mind seeing her in a different role but I don't think I recognize her from anything else.
She was way more lively on Talking Dead.
I actually thought that the whole cast was strangely quiet on Conan. Maybe something to do with having too many guests on.
.:: TSN ::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2014, 10:38 AM   #1218
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Mojochi wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Did I miss something about the Governor getting a bullet in the head?
After he beat the hell out of Rick, Michonne rammed her katana though his chest, & left him for dead. The Gov's girlfriend came out after having her daughter put down by him, & finished the job on him. I imagine they chose to show his bullet wound, to quell any possible thought that he might have survived
I'll have to watch it again. I thought he seemed to be conscious, implying that he would bounce back yet again.
Old February 12 2014, 12:00 PM   #1219
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

He's definitely dead. He got a bullet to the head, a stabbing, and a beating.
Old February 12 2014, 12:20 PM   #1220
Mojochi
Commodore

I'm actually surprised he wasn't walker food

Then again, we only saw a head shot (No pun intended)
Old February 12 2014, 02:12 PM   #1221
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
In fact, why did they run off in the wild blue yonder when it was not necessary? The Governor's small group was largely dead by the time Daryl destroyed the tank, so they did not have to run far.
I think it was because the prison was overrun with walkers shortly thereafter. They're everywhere by the time Michonne comes back, & not only had they spent much of their ammo & been split up, the fence had been run down by The Gov's army (Which was a pretty stupid strategy, come to think of it) WTF were they going to do with a fenceless prison?
The same thing they did when first finding / securing the prison--which had a partially destroyed fence, a giant hole in one of the walls, and walkers in the yard, not to mention the halls of the prison. Or, the same thing when inmate Andrew flooded the yard/halls with walkers. The other advantage was an increase in firepower, which was effective against the massive herd faced by Rick & Carl.

Ultimately, they were in the prison, and modified it to suit their defensive needs after (what is assumed to be) more than a year inside, so it is impossible to think they would have positions set up in case of a walker invasion?

I didn't mind that Michonne managed to walk among the zombies so much. I mean, it was a bit of a stretch, & they could have minimized that a bit had they covered her up in some guts like Rick & Glen in S1, but still, I'll get over that too. I clump that one in with the mystery of what zombies can & can't do. They get a little bit of slack where the sci-fi angle comes in, imho
Even in sci-fi/horror/fantasy, certain established rules matter, or there's no consistency. Michonne could walk in the middle of a pack undetected, yet Andrea had to kill a walker near the prison entrance, despite the use of another as "camouflage."
Old February 12 2014, 04:52 PM   #1222
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Did I miss something about the Governor getting a bullet in the head?
After he beat the hell out of Rick, Michonne rammed her katana though his chest, & left him for dead. The Gov's girlfriend came out after having her daughter put down by him, & finished the job on him. I imagine they chose to show his bullet wound, to quell any possible thought that he might have survived
I'll have to watch it again. I thought he seemed to be conscious, implying that he would bounce back yet again.
Seems pretty definitive to me.

Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2014, 05:46 PM   #1223
Ryan8bit
Commodore

About a rendezvous point, where exactly would that even be? In the comics it was the farm, but that was because the farm wasn't overrun like on TV. It's not exactly like there's a safe place for them to be other than the prison. And at least they seemed to have an escape plan. The idea was that everybody was supposed to get on the bus, and if they don't, well that sucks but it's the same situation with Andrea and the farm. They also said something about an escape plan through the back where Tyreese and crew first came in, so it's not like they've completely blown off any such discussions.

I also think Michonne's walking with them was stretched a little bit though. Like was said, even when Andrea did it, the ones nearby could still tell a little. Maybe Andrea's not as good at walking with no emotion like Michonne though, which is what tipped her off.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2014, 06:42 PM   #1224
Scout101
Admiral

Maybe she's just such a wooden character (character, not actress) that they assume she's a walker too? Most of the walkers show more range of emotion than Michonne...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2014, 12:27 AM   #1225
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
Seems pretty definitive to me.

At this point, the Governor was dead for a few minutes, but his neck and cheeks are mangled. Walker bites? He did not have that kind of damage when fighting Rick, so...?
Old February 13 2014, 10:38 AM   #1226
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
He's definitely dead. He got a bullet to the head, a stabbing, and a beating.
Yeah, when I watched it again I noticed that there was a blurring effect that made me think his mouth and eyes had moved. That's what I get for watching first thing in the morning, I guess.
Old February 13 2014, 04:05 PM   #1227
Mojochi
Commodore

Yeah, on closer look, he does look to have been chewed on a bit. I imagine the parts we don't see could be worse. The geeks tend to dive in, guts 1st, unless they have to attack a moving target, & then it's more limbs & neck

BTW, did cars suddenly stop working?
Old February 13 2014, 04:19 PM   #1228
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

Yeah, on closer look, he does look to have been chewed on a bit. I imagine the parts we don't see could be worse. The geeks tend to dive in, guts 1st, unless they have to attack a moving target, & then it's more limbs & neck

BTW, did cars suddenly stop working?
In "reality" they should no longer work. But, no, I just don't think anyone has gotten to one yet given we've only seen *one episode* of the second part of the season centered around Rick and Carl (who quickly took shelter) and Michonne who always seemed to prefer to walk wherever she went.
Old February 13 2014, 04:20 PM   #1229
Mojochi
Commodore

Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
About a rendezvous point, where exactly would that even be? In the comics it was the farm, but that was because the farm wasn't overrun like on TV. It's not exactly like there's a safe place for them to be other than the prison. And at least they seemed to have an escape plan. The idea was that everybody was supposed to get on the bus, and if they don't, well that sucks but it's the same situation with Andrea and the farm. They also said something about an escape plan through the back where Tyreese and crew first came in, so it's not like they've completely blown off any such discussions.
It's not so much about a plan to escape, (Which you're right, they did seem to have one with the bus) but rather it's about a place to reconvene, which does not have to be a place like the prison where they're going to live as a fall back plan

A rendezvous point just means somewhere where we'll all meet up again, because there's safety in numbers. We need to stick together even if we get awkwardly seperated. This should certainly have been a priority after the events of Hershel's Farm, where some people never got found

It should be a landmark that is not far, somewhat secluded from walkers or enemies, & a place everyone knows how to get to. Hershel's farm, destroyed though it may be, is a common landmark, or Woodbury. Even though the Gov destroyed it, it's still an area many of them know how to get to, in order to regroup, and then seek out new accommodations as a stronger unit

& true enough, they may all still be in the process of trying to do that, but Michonne certainly didn't seem like that was her plan, when she flaked out on that herd because she couldn't stand the thought of wandering alone the rest of her days. The general feel of this final eight (So far) is that people think they're on their own again. It didn't have to be that way
Old February 13 2014, 05:26 PM   #1230
Ryan8bit
Commodore

It should be a landmark that is not far, somewhat secluded from walkers or enemies, & a place everyone knows how to get to.
Yeah, that all sounds theoretically good, but I don't really think there are such places. The farm and Woodbury are probably loaded up with walkers. They certainly couldn't wait there for the days that it might take for everyone to meet up. And I think that's the general idea of the prison population, that nowhere is safe. That's why they're in the prison to begin with after spending a winter scavenging through houses.

The meeting point of the spot they lost Sophia worked out only because everybody left the farm pretty much at the same time. But now people really are separate, having taken different paths out of there, and they would have to have a pretty secure place to wait the weeks it might take for everybody to reach the place. Maybe they didn't think it was very realistic to round up the stragglers given their escape plan.

But who knows, maybe they did have a meetup point? Michonne was just doing her own thing, and Carl and Rick seemed to think that everyone else was dead, so maybe that's why it wasn't discussed. Maybe we'll see a plan next week.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote