USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 16 2013, 09:47 PM   #106
Dream
Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Guest starring Michael Roker (Merle).
Will Michael Roker be in zombie makeup?
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 10:02 PM   #107
sojourner
Admiral

Probably not, but I'm sure he'll give'em a hand.
Old October 16 2013, 10:58 PM   #108
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I'm dying to see that.
Old October 17 2013, 01:25 AM   #109
Dream
Admiral

Cable Top 25: 'The Walking Dead' Tops Cable Viewership for the Week Ending October 13, 2013

The Walking Dead topped cable viewership again this week with 16.111 million viewers. The week's second most watched cable program was Monday Night Football with11.448 million viewers.
Old October 17 2013, 01:32 AM   #110
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

That's damn impressive.
Old October 17 2013, 01:38 AM   #111
Dream
Admiral

Talking Dead does well in the ratings too. Not sure how many of us here watch that show though.
Old October 17 2013, 01:43 AM   #112
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Dream wrote: View Post
Talking Dead does well in the ratings too. Not sure how many of us here watch that show though.
I watched it the other night because of Nathan Fillion, not sure if I'll tune in every week or not.
Old October 17 2013, 03:17 AM   #113
shivkala
Rear Admiral

I like Chris Hardwick and I enjoy hearing discussions about the show. It also helps the watercooler talk on Monday to drop in bits they say on The Talking Dead, especially when the show runners are on it.

Anyway, like usual, Honest Trailers hits the nail on the head with their trailer for The walking Dead:
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 03:29 AM   #114
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

"Starring... ...Shane rubbing his head."
Old October 17 2013, 03:31 AM   #115
sojourner
Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Dream wrote: View Post
I watched it the other night because of Nathan Fillion, not sure if I'll tune in every week or not.
Same here. Nathan was looking pretty fit. He'd gotten some chubby cheeks in the last season of Castle I am on.
Old October 17 2013, 03:18 PM   #116
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

ha, that "honest trailer" is pretty funny
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 08:30 PM   #117
propita
Rear Admiral

VERY funny!!!
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 10:33 PM   #118
beneldon
Lieutenant Commander

Okay.

I guess that Rick has come back from his insanity and relinquished control of the group (or voted out, who knows) and he is beginning to be comfortable being Ol Farmer Grimes. He got his ipod playin ole timey farmer music and digs up a relic from his past. The sounds of the undead are (really) loud but he un clips the gun and pitches them in the wheelbarrow and continues on his merry hoeing.

Then, while out checking animal traps, comes upon a dirty woman clad in black who begs him for help; she and her husband have not eaten in days. He offers her some sort of sandwich wrapped up in aluminum foil and they proceed to her camp. On arriving, she attempts to kill him and it turns out she wanted to feed Rick to her husband's head and then kills herself but answering his Three Questions.

I think I'm the only one who thinks Creepy Clara was not real.

Clara answered Rick's "why?" question with words to the effect that you don't come back from what you've done. Clara never killed a Walker because she let her husband - her leader do that - or, perhaps, because she really isn't there. The only person she says she killed is herself which she obviously did but what does she then have to come back from?
When Rick gets to the camp we see an amazingly immaculate tent which is a far cry from what any camping tent would look like after so much time out in the world of the Walking Dead and juxtaposed against the grime all over Clara's hands and face doesn't make any sense at all. In addition, Rick doesn't salvage anything from Clara's camp? Was he thinking he'd come back later or something, you know, after she turned? They stopped and grabbed up the backpack that belonged to Yelly McYellerson last season, why not her stuff too? Also, on the way to Clara's I noticed that she never even so much as opened up the foil package which, even if she were saving it for her husband, seems odd for a woman starving out in the wilderness.
I also think it was symbolic that Rick would wear the earbuds listening to music and keeping out the sounds of the dead but hears them again when he unearths the gun but continues to throw away his old life and tries to become someone he isn't; someone buried beneath the farmer's dirt. Perhaps my TV had bad contrast or brightness settings or maybe there wouldn't be anything to see at the angle it was filmed but it seemed to me when Rick scooped up water from the rain barrel there was no reflection of him in the water; as if to suggest that Farmer Grimes wasn't really there or he has so suppressed his zombiekillerness that he won't even or can't even see himself anymore.

I don't know. I don't have Tivo or Netflix to see if I missed anything. I'll have to wait for the rebroadcast so if anyone can set me straight on this, I'd appreciate it.
beneldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 10:42 PM   #119
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I think they intended for Creepy Clara to be real, but that's certainly an interesting interpretation of the events.
Old October 18 2013, 12:48 AM   #120
sojourner
Admiral

It's all a fever dream. Rick never left the hospital from his gunshot wound.