To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 10 2014, 04:56 AM   #1156
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Decent episode, really liked the Michonne parts. Great stuff there. Carl needs a good smack in the head, man I hated him in this episode. Such a little punk who needs a good jolt of reality which it seems he mostly got in this episode.

The Michonne semi-flashback/dream sequence really threw me for a loop. At first I thought it was a commercial as I was fast-forwarding then i saw the katana and realized the show had came back on.

Again, decent enough episode. Too much focus on Carl whom I'm starting to hate again, but the Michonne stuff really saved this episode for me.
Old February 10 2014, 05:43 AM   #1157
Mojochi
Commodore

We really didn't need all that screen time to illustrate that Carl is in over his head. Michonne's time almost seemed short changed in comparison

It wasn't a bad episode per say, & if Carl has finally gotten over himself & his daddy issues, then I guess it was worth getting out of the way sooner rather than later, and I also agree that Riggs is slightly beyond his depths for the dialog he delivered this week

Now lets get to the goods. The teaser for next week interested me more than this whole episode
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 05:50 AM   #1158
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, I don't think we needed a whole episode dedicated to a 10-year-old boy (or however old Carl is supposed to be) not have the emotional or physical maturity to survive on his own in a zombie apocalypse. But, hey, who among us DOESN'T want to sit down and eat a gallon of chocolate pudding that's been sitting in a can in the southern heat for at least a year?
Old February 10 2014, 06:09 AM   #1159
.:: TSN ::.
Lieutenant Commander

Fox Finland aired latest episode with just 15 minutes delay to AMC airing
Started 4:15 am here, so pretty much too early for anyone with work or anything important to do to watch live, but still cool. Normally airs on monday at 21:55.

I think that this was shortest delay ever in Finland if not count series on things like Netflix or pay channels.
.:: TSN ::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 06:18 AM   #1160
Ro_Laren
Commodore

Good episode! Loved learning more about Michonne's backstory. I was kinda annoyed when she killed her pet walkers 'cause they could have been useful. When they lived in the prison they should have had pet walkers tied up all around the exterior fence. Why didn't they?? Anywho, when Michonne was peaking in the window looking at Carl and Rick, I half expected her to keep walking and become a loner again (though I figured she'd find another party from the prison). I was glad that I was wrong and Michonne decided to join Rick and Carl!

I think this episode showed Carl growing up a bit. I generally don't like Carl stories, but this one wasn't bad. Regarding Rick, he sure did look suspicious sleeping on the couch (like he was gonna die). If I were Carl, I would have tied him up or at least sleep in a different room with the door locked (with an alternate exit available). It sure was scary when Rick fell off the couch, but we all knew that he wasn't a walker since he is the main character of the series. Did anyone think that it sounded like he said, "Carl, goat outside. Stay safe." Haha.

BTW, when Carl was in the chocolate pudding house I was confused about something. When he first looked into the empty bedroom upstairs, he was staring at something on the floor and the camera even focused on it. Was it a dead bird or insect? I am confused! Here's a screencap:

Ro_Laren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 07:17 AM   #1161
Lucky
Commander

I enjoyed tonight's episode. I missed my fave Daryl, but I can do without him once in a while and this one was compelling. The bits with Michonne were great, and I thought this was a good showcase episode for Carl. Really looking forward to next week's episode.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 07:36 AM   #1162
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Ro_Laren wrote: View Post
BTW, when Carl was in the chocolate pudding house I was confused about something. When he first looked into the empty bedroom upstairs, he was staring at something on the floor and the camera even focused on it. Was it a dead bird or insect? I am confused! Here's a screencap:

It was the bird from the cage that they panned down from.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 08:23 AM   #1163
Borgminister

What, no zombie parakeet?
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 10:27 AM   #1164
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

"Polly... want... brrrainzzzz...."
Old February 10 2014, 03:54 PM   #1165
the G-man
Commodore

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Walking Dead does prank on New Yorker's for this Sunday's episode as promotion:

Ad Week
Apparently, the MTA is not amused:
  • A video prank for “The Walking Dead” in which actors playing zombies lurked beneath a subway grate and scared New Yorkers is under investigation by city officials, authorities said.
    “We are deeply troubled by this video,” an MTA spokesman said Sunday. “We have forwarded it to the NYPD and are also conducting our own investigation.”

Police said they hadn’t received a formal complaint from the MTA as of Sunday, a police source told the Post. But accessing subway grates and filming on city property without permits could result in charges of trespassing, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct, the source said.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 04:28 PM   #1166
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Sto-Vo-Kory wrote: View Post
Riggs is capable in small doses but the producers asked too much of him tonight. His monologue to his unconscious father felt like a high school play audition.
That's a great way to describe Carl's over acting.

Meh. A lot of Trek fans were very forgiving of Avery Brooks grotesque overacting in the first couple seasons of DS9 - and Carl's poor acting didn't even come close to his.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 04:40 PM   #1167
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Decent episode, really liked the Michonne parts. Great stuff there. Carl needs a good smack in the head, man I hated him in this episode. Such a little punk who needs a good jolt of reality which it seems he mostly got in this episode.

The Michonne semi-flashback/dream sequence really threw me for a loop. At first I thought it was a commercial as I was fast-forwarding then i saw the katana and realized the show had came back on.

Again, decent enough episode. Too much focus on Carl whom I'm starting to hate again, but the Michonne stuff really saved this episode for me.
Carl was fine. He does not have a strong, reliable family structure around him, so he would (naturally) start lashing out, and moving toward his independence. Even cutthroat Rick (yes, no one forgets what he did to poor, heroic Carol) had to recognize that Carl is a man.

As for Michonne, it was clear she did not want to return to the solitary, wandering warrior she was up to the moments before she rescued Andrea ("Beside the Dying Fire") but in what was apparent to all, her killing of the walkers, then backtracking the footprints (small and large--which gave her a clue) meant she desires a family unit again.

A nice moment was her looking up--like an acknowledgement of providence--after seeing Carl & Rick in the house. Her every decision (shedding herself of the walkers, backtracking, the discovery) not being random chance.
Old February 10 2014, 04:43 PM   #1168
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Sto-Vo-Kory wrote: View Post
Riggs is capable in small doses but the producers asked too much of him tonight. His monologue to his unconscious father felt like a high school play audition.
That's a great way to describe Carl's over acting.

Meh. A lot of Trek fans were very forgiving of Avery Brooks grotesque overacting in the first couple seasons of DS9 - and Carl's poor acting didn't even come close to his.
...yeah, but DS9 fans have a habit of forgiving a ton of sins about that overrated show.
Old February 10 2014, 05:13 PM   #1169
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post

...yeah, but DS9 fans have a habit of forgiving a ton of sins about that overrated show.
True dat. In any case, Chandler Riggs has come a long way and sure has a lot less experience as an actor than Avery Brooks did when he joined the cast of DS9

He's doing fine IMO. While the speech was a little over acted in last night's episode not enough worth heavy criticism.

Aside form this, Michonne's back story was far more interesting. Are we to infer that she and her, "lover," [why they put it in dialogue that way is a mystery] were in the film industry?
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2014, 05:18 PM   #1170
sojourner
Vice Admiral

were in the film industry?
Why do you say that?