Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 3 2013, 05:51 PM   #871
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Yup. As soon as I saw Meghan playing in the dirt like that all by herself I knew she was toast.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 06:07 PM   #872
PKerr
Rear Admiral

That was the first thing out of my mouth is" why aren't you watching that F-ing Kid?" and why are you letting her play 30-40 yards away from you?
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 07:18 PM   #873
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

When I saw her trying to pry something up, my first thought was that it was going to spring back and pin her while the walker made it across the river and jumped on her (with Lilly too far away).

When I saw what the sign said, I was confused; i.e. "Are they going to conveniently have a flash flood put everyone in danger?"

Didn't quite see it happening the way it did.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 08:33 PM   #874
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Me thinks baby Judith is alive and well.
I just re-watched the episode and right after Michonne walks away from the Governor the scene cuts to the tank firing again and Tyreese running away, if you look real close his rifle is slung over his back is holding something that looks like a baby as he runs away, one frame shows what looks to be a head surrounded by yellow, baby Judith was wearing yellow.

I can't explain the blood as Tyreese wasn't bleeding when the girls saved him and there were no bodies around the carrier so I dunno.

I also think Tyreese is going to somehow run into Carol before the group does, they went out of their way to not tell him Carol killed Karen and Dave, even though I think Lizzy is the one that did.

Last edited by PKerr; December 3 2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old December 3 2013, 09:36 PM   #875
thumbtack
Commodore

We need a CG baby zombie to be the antagonist for the second half of the season. Make her unstoppable. Have her take out the remaining cast.
Old December 3 2013, 09:49 PM   #876
PKerr
Rear Admiral

thumbtack wrote: View Post
We need a CG baby zombie to be the antagonist for the second half of the season. Make her unstoppable. Have her take out the remaining cast.
But she wouldn't have any Teefus.
Old December 3 2013, 09:51 PM   #877
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Naw, have the baby zombie throw down on everyone — but then, when all appears lost ... Judith takes her down!

Would a baby zombie still be a "walker" if it was too young to walk, or a "biter" if it didn't have any teeth?
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 10:35 PM   #878
MPH
Rear Admiral

PKerr wrote: View Post
That was the first thing out of my mouth is" why aren't you watching that F-ing Kid?" and why are you letting her play 30-40 yards away from you?
That was one of many stupid things that happened in this episode its like we weren't even watching real people.

It was entertaining episode but feel like this battle would have made more sense at the end of s3 but they decided to stretch the prison arc over another 8 episodes.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 11:37 PM   #879
jbny67
Commander

.:: TSN ::. wrote: View Post
So what was in Bob's box at the beginning of the episode?
A bottle of alcohol, most likely. Maybe the one that was in his backpack that he wouldn't let go of. Daryl gave it back to him at the end of that scene.
jbny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 11:41 PM   #880
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Something I've always wondered about the Walking Dead universe, does whatever make the dead reanimate get passed on to babies who were born post-initial outbreak? If not, humanity has a chance, if so, they're fucked. This is rather grim, but if Judith should still happen to be alive and dies at some future point, or if she is dead they have the body and the brain is still intact, for the love of God, don't destroy it! Wait a day and see what happens!
Old December 3 2013, 11:53 PM   #881
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Really, has *any* parent on this show been good at watching their kid? Ed, Carol, Rick, Lori. Seems like child-minding wasn't a strong thing in this universe.

I mean, zombies aside, who lets their kid just sit in a pile of mud and dick around like that?
Its one thing for Carl to wander off on a farm--particularly when he does not have the structure of a traditional school, friends and normal chores, but the Governor leaving a girl (Penny 2.0) to wage an assbrained war is another.

The former demands structure (to keep Carl busy and developing like a normal kid). The latter situation is quite simple: if you "love" this girl so much, then keep your ass at the camp / stop pretending you are some military mind (instead of the bullshit artist he was all along).

And people shipping Daryl and Beth.... Um.... Isn't Daryl, like, in his 40s and Beth barely out of her teens?
Norman Reedus is 44, but we do not know how old Daryl is. Even if Daryl is--say...40. And? Are you saying you have not seen men in that age range in relationships with women around Beth's age (18 - 19) at all?
Old December 3 2013, 11:57 PM   #882
sojourner
Admiral

Evil Twin wrote: View Post
Something I've always wondered about the Walking Dead universe, does whatever make the dead reanimate get passed on to babies who were born post-initial outbreak? If not, humanity has a chance, if so, they're fucked. This is rather grim, but if Judith should still happen to be alive and dies at some future point, or if she is dead they have the body and the brain is still intact, for the love of God, don't destroy it! Wait a day and see what happens!
So far, everybody that dies turns. Not sure how Judith turning would make them anymore "fucked" than if she just stayed dead. Why does that make humanity "fucked"? There have been countless talks in this thread about how society would change, but it could definitely survive.
Old December 4 2013, 12:03 AM   #883
JD
Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
I wonder if they'll adapt any of the post-prison story lines from the comics. I just read through the synopsis on Wikipedia and it sounds like there are some interesting possibilities in the rest of the comics.
Yes, yes they will.

http://www.avclub.com/article/emsout...ing-emt-104175
Cool. I hope they do the Alexandria stuff sooner than later, that sounds pretty cool from what I read on Wikipedia.
In the comics, which lasts longer, the prison or Alexandria?
Old December 4 2013, 12:18 AM   #884
MPH
Rear Admiral

I wonder if they'll adapt any of the post-prison story lines from the comics. I just read through the synopsis on Wikipedia and it sounds like there are some interesting possibilities in the rest of the comics.
Yes, yes they will.

http://www.avclub.com/article/emsout...ing-emt-104175
Cool. I hope they do the Alexandria stuff sooner than later, that sounds pretty cool from what I read on Wikipedia.
In the comics, which lasts longer, the prison or Alexandria?
The Alexandria safe zone will probably be found at the end of this season with it being stretched out over S5 and 6 still not sure how this series will end though
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2013, 12:22 AM   #885
Trekker4747
Trekker4747

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Norman Reedus is 44, but we do not know how old Daryl is. Even if Daryl is--say...40. And? Are you saying you have not seen men in that age range in relationships with women around Beth's age (18 - 19) at all?
In Lieu of proof of anything else it's probably easy to assume Daryl is the same age as his actor. And, outside of bizarre religious cults or going back in time to around 1920, no I cannot say I have ever seen a 40-year-old man in a relationship with a girl more than half his age. Pretty sure such a thing in our society is generally considered border-line creepy.

I really, really doubt the show will ship the two together because it just wouldn't be pretty accepted by the audience and I even doubt the actors would go for it (even though the actress who plays Beth is in her 20s.)

Yeah, those two together.... Just unsettling. Hell, I struggle to think if the two have even had much screen-time together to suggest such a thing would be possible. Daryl and Michonne would make more sense. Hell, Daryl and fist-bump girl should she join the group would make more sense than Daryl and Beth.