Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 3 2013, 05:50 AM   #856
propita
Rear Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

I think "Brian's" people were caught up with him by then. When he killed Herschel, they were committed whether they wanted it or not. Add that Mitch (Charlie from Fringe, right?) was waaaay gung ho to destroy just about anything.

Tyrese is now beholden to the kids trained by Carol. In a sense, he's beholden to Carol. Ironic.

I don't think Tara or Lilly have a chance of surviving unless they hook up with someone from the prison. I believe they're the only survivors from Woodbury 2.0?

And Lizzie's got to be behind the rat. Bob the drunk doc wouldn't need to; no other character would need to. She's the only character with enough screen time.

So, are Daryl and Beth gonna bond? He's warmed up to people from where he was (switching places with Carol) and Beth has gotten a lot tougher.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 07:13 AM   #857
Immolatus
Captain

is the governor dead? this show isn't shy about showing people get killed. We didn't see him die. what we saw was her pointing the gun at him then the screen went black then gun shot. maybe she was going to put him down then a walker got to close and she shot it instead. and he crawls away.
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Immolatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 07:41 AM   #858
.:: TSN ::.
Lieutenant Commander

So what was in Bob's box at the beginning of the episode?
.:: TSN ::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 09:06 AM   #859
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Evil Twin wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
I wonder if they'll adapt any of the post-prison story lines from the comics. I just read through the synopsis on Wikipedia and it sounds like there are some interesting possibilities in the rest of the comics.
Yes, yes they will.

http://www.avclub.com/article/emsout...ing-emt-104175
The thing is, as in straight after the prison arc, Rick-talking-to-Lori-on-the-phone came after that in the comics, but they've already done that in Season 3. But from the look of the brief 30 sec trailer they'll still have him and Carl alone for a bit with Rick going loopy. Then I guess later they'll come across Michonne.

Quite a good episode, but as others have said the attack didn't really make any sense. I feel like (and expected) this ep should have happened at the end of Season 3, but they wanted to drag out the Prison stuff a bit longer. A nice adaption of the classic #48 of the comics, loved that last shot! Right off the page.
But there was nowhere as much of a death-bonanza as there was in that issue. Just Hershall, that was it?
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 10:36 AM   #860
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

^^ I wish the prison had become a permanent home for them.

auntiehill wrote: View Post
^This is what I said to my hubby last night. That would've been the first thing out of my mouth. "Do you know who this guy is? People here escaped from him and we protected them." Or something along those lines.
They way it was directed, it was like he just stood there and stared at them for ten minutes.
Old December 3 2013, 11:55 AM   #861
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Great episode, The governorís fate was a long time coming though I would have much rather seen him slowly devoured by Walkers or turned and killed again, IMO he just didnít suffer enough for all the heinous $#!t we saw him do.
I also didnít buy him kicking Rickís @ss, I realize Rick was shot in the leg but for the most part the Governor dominated that fight, As a cop I would think Rick would be trained to get out of situations like that and a minimum pull out his side are and shoot the Governor in the face.
Iím also not buying the explanation that planting a few tomatoes civilized him and took away his aggression or whatever, when you are in a fight for life your instincts will take over.

Iím also in the ďJudith is aliveĒ club though I would think it would be a perfect opportunity to write her out, I just donít think lugging a baby around would benefit the show.

Lastly Rest In Peace Herschel, you will be missed, letís just hope Michonne hung back and did the same thing she does in the comics.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 01:24 PM   #862
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Immolatus wrote: View Post
is the governor dead? this show isn't shy about showing people get killed. We didn't see him die. what we saw was her pointing the gun at him then the screen went black then gun shot. maybe she was going to put him down then a walker got to close and she shot it instead. and he crawls away.
Michonne knows how to deliver a fatal strike, so running him through in that exact part of his back was with purpose. If she had a doubt, she would have cut the Governor again when standing/glaring over him.

Lilly simply ended his misery, and even if a walker approached, and she shot it, that would not stop her for getting revenge on the man who did not keep her daughter safe, as promised.
Old December 3 2013, 02:08 PM   #863
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Lilly simply ended his misery, and even if a walker approached, and she shot it, that would not stop her for getting revenge on the man who did not keep her daughter safe, as promised.
I do not believe that Lilly shot the Governor to end any kind of suffering on his part but rather out of utter spite that he had led her, her daughter, and the rest of the group to ruin.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 04:23 PM   #864
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

DarthTom wrote: View Post
TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
I do not believe that Lilly shot the Governor to end any kind of suffering on his part but rather out of utter spite that he had led her, her daughter, and the rest of the group to ruin.
I did not mean end his misery out of charity or sympathy (just noting his apparent condition), hence the "revenge" part of the post.
Old December 3 2013, 04:59 PM   #865
Ryan8bit
Commodore

Immolatus wrote: View Post
is the governor dead? this show isn't shy about showing people get killed.
Except when it came to Lori, although that was mostly because it was too much for TV to show a kid shooting his mom. If Judith is dead, it's likely they wouldn't actually show that either.

Overall I thought this was a pretty great episode. I think it's the first one since they found Sophia in the barn that's just really gut-wrenching and makes you think about it for days.

And really, the actors and team behind the show are doing a very good job with this show when they make such a good episode built on so many ridiculous contrivances. Lilly not watching her kid, the people blindly following the Governor, etc. It would be nice if the show could have great character moments, AND not dissolve suspension of disbelief so easily. But that's the Walking Dead for you.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 05:11 PM   #866
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

propita wrote: View Post
Tyrese is now beholden to the kids trained by Carol. In a sense, he's beholden to Carol. Ironic.
I'm sure this will come up in the 2nd half of the season; if the girls are trumpeting the virtues of Carol and her training them to fight (which saved his life), only for Rick (or Daryl) to tell him Carol's responsibility in the burned bodies, he cannot attack her after learning how much she means to the girls...the girls who saved his life.

I this being a set-up for Carol's return, and the beginning of a relationship with Tyrese, leaving the door open for Daryl and Beth (convenient that she finds him after the battle).

Beth and Daryl becoming a couple would enrage the Carol/Daryl fans, who thought two season's worth of relationship building is tossed in the fire, but the show cannot keep doing the expected.
Old December 3 2013, 05:14 PM   #867
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Really, has *any* parent on this show been good at watching their kid? Ed, Carol, Rick, Lori. Seems like child-minding wasn't a strong thing in this universe.

I mean, zombies aside, who lets their kid just sit in a pile of mud and dick around like that?

And people shipping Daryl and Beth.... Um.... Isn't Daryl, like, in his 40s and Beth barely out of her teens?
Old December 3 2013, 05:28 PM   #868
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Really, has *any* parent on this show been good at watching their kid? Ed, Carol, Rick, Lori. Seems like child-minding wasn't a strong thing in this universe.

I mean, zombies aside, who lets their kid just sit in a pile of mud and dick around like that?

And people shipping Daryl and Beth.... Um.... Isn't Daryl, like, in his 40s and Beth barely out of her teens?
QFT. Shit, virtually ever parent on this show ignores what their children are doing or is oblivious most of the time.

In the non-ZA world today - the real world - in my neighborhood parents on are standing on the corner with the children waiting for the bus every morning as I pull out of my subdivision to go to work.

But in this world - where lethal killers are potentially around ever corner - apparently it's OK to go off wandering around without adult supervision.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 05:31 PM   #869
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post

QFT. Shit, virtually ever parent on this show ignores what their children are doing or is oblivious most of the time.

In the non-ZA world today - the real world - in my neighborhood parents on are standing on the corner with the children waiting for the bus every morning as I pull out of my subdivision to go to work.

But in this world - where lethal killers are potentially around ever corner - apparently it's OK to go off wandering around without adult supervision.
How many scenes in the second season began with Lori asking someone "Have you seen Carl?" or "Can you watch Carl?"
Old December 3 2013, 05:47 PM   #870
Ryan8bit
Commodore

I think maybe the only thing that could excuse Lilly was that she was so sheltered until that point. However, laundry zombie almost got her kid just the other day, so maybe she'd think to at least sit by her. She didn't really need to be watching the water, but really the other side of the water.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote