Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 2 2013, 10:56 AM   #826
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Tara went fetal and/or ran off during the battle. Not a whole lot of options for her during all that gunfire though, especially with the walkers streaming in. Both she and Lily don't have much in the way of survival skills or experience, and Lily looked pretty catatonic, so I don't see them lasting very long.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 12:09 PM   #827
WalkerBait
Trekker4747

sojourner wrote: View Post
She was the girl with the hurt ankle that ran into Rick and Carol a couple episodes back.

Still thinking Lizzy is the rat killer/dissector. Did Lizzy and her sister get away with some of the others or did they stay behind to go feral in the prison?
Actually it was the girl from the first episode. The girl with hurt ankle not only lost her ankle but looked like she was being devoured pretty good by the Walkers.

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Why Beth?
Hershel was he father, makes sense she should get a share in the kill.
Old December 2 2013, 12:47 PM   #828
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

That was awesome.

So yeah, wow. I really feared for Glen this episode but I'm glad he didn't die. Hopefully he has more to do in the latter half of the season than he has in the first.

Sad to see Hershal go but it wasn't entirely unexpected. And what a way to go.

Loads of badass moments. The bit with the girls was awesome, and Daryl blowing up the tank - All of that was great and I really enjoyed it.

I thought the mud zombie was one of the best zombies on the show so far as well, and it doesn't seem to be getting any love!

I was a little disappointed that Daryl took the news about Carol so easily. I was also disappointed that Tyreese didn't get to know as well, it could be a long time before they're reunited again. Will he still care by that point? Will we?

I'm guessing the saboteur will have a part to play at some point in the rest of the season because they mentioned them again in this episode. It seems they weren't working on behalf of the Governor otherwise it would have been mentioned.

I'm in the camp that doesn't think Judith is dead.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 02:00 PM   #829
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Theory on Judith:

Tara goes running for somewhere to hide and since walkers are swarming in from the opening in the fence she goes towards the prison. She takes a bullet somewhere non-fatal, lets say shoulder. She comes across Judith crying, sees walkers heading towards her so she spends an inordinate amount of time trying to undo the buckles because she is freaking out and one of her arms is bleeding like a stuck pig and mostly useless. She runs off to hide and takes the baby with her.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 04:51 PM   #830
Tom
Rear Admiral

Although damaged and walkers roaming around, I think the prison is still the best place to stay. They can fix the fence where the tank breached then clean up from there. I'm sure not all the cell blocks were damaged from tank fire especially towards the back. The governer is dead too so they don't have to worry about him anymore.
Old December 2 2013, 07:38 PM   #831
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

Tom wrote: View Post
Although damaged and walkers roaming around, I think the prison is still the best place to stay. They can fix the fence where the tank breached then clean up from there. I'm sure not all the cell blocks were damaged from tank fire especially towards the back. The governer is dead too so they don't have to worry about him anymore.
I'm not sure I agree... I guess, logistically, it would be possible to repair the fences and deal with the herds of walkers, but at this point, with the destruction, disease and overall bad karma the prison has, I imagine it would be almost unbearable to live there any more. I realize that when you're fighting for your very existence, that you suck it up and make due with what you've got, but with the inhabitants as well as the "warriors" scattered in the wind, it would take a hell of a lot to regroup and deal with the swarms of walkers now converging on the facility...
Old December 2 2013, 07:40 PM   #832
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post

By the way...we know severed heads reanimate, so somewhere in that field rests Hershel's head (someone dropped out of a car at the start of the battle).
That was one of my first thoughts at the end of the episode. Poor Hershel will reanimate with no one around to finish him off.
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 07:44 PM   #833
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Tara went fetal and/or ran off during the battle. Not a whole lot of options for her during all that gunfire though, especially with the walkers streaming in. Both she and Lily don't have much in the way of survival skills or experience, and Lily looked pretty catatonic, so I don't see them lasting very long.
True; I'm just keeping score.

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Kestrel wrote: View Post
Why Beth?
Hershel was he father, makes sense she should get a share in the kill.
Actually that was me, not Kestrel. Okay, I'll put Beth in line ahead of Rick, but everyone else from my list is ahead of Beth. Michonne because of Andrea and because he tried killing her several times before any of the others. Next, Maggie for sexual abuse as well as for her father. Next Glenn, for torture, attempted Death by Walker, and for Maggie. Next Daryl, for Merle. Beth gets a turn after that, if there's anything left of him.

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
I thought the mud zombie was one of the best zombies on the show so far as well, and it doesn't seem to be getting any love!
I did! It's just that I called him Sand Walker.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 08:15 PM   #834
sojourner
Admiral

TheSeeker wrote: View Post

By the way...we know severed heads reanimate, so somewhere in that field rests Hershel's head (someone dropped out of a car at the start of the battle).
That was one of my first thoughts at the end of the episode. Poor Hershel will reanimate with no one around to finish him off.
Maybe that's where Michonne dissappeared to at the end, to finish of Hershel. Otherwise, wtf? she helps Rick stand up then just walks away?
Old December 2 2013, 08:30 PM   #835
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Didn't the Governor come up on him as he crawled away (next to the tank) and bash him in the head with the pommel of the sword? I figured that's what he was doing.
Old December 2 2013, 08:43 PM   #836
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

Corran Horn wrote: View Post

Didn't the Governor come up on him as he crawled away (next to the tank) and bash him in the head with the pommel of the sword? I figured that's what he was doing.
No he cut the rest of his head off....
Old December 2 2013, 09:21 PM   #837
EmoBorg
Captain

What a horrible way for Hershel to be killed like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRfc3ybbPg
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 09:26 PM   #838
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

We could see the outline of Hershel's body behind the Governor with the head definitely separated, but it was blurred because the focus was on the Governor. I couldn't tell if the head was still intact.

It was realistic that the Governor wasn't able to take Hershel's head off or even kill him with just one swipe. Picking up a katana doesn't automatically give you ninja skills! It shows Michonne has had some training.
Old December 2 2013, 09:32 PM   #839
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon

^My thoughts on that scene as well. I thought it was nice attention to detail.
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 09:43 PM   #840
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Oh, and EmoBorg, I didn't mean to sound so clinical on the heels of your post. It truly is sad for Hershel and his family, but personally I don't find it as horrible as Dale's death. Any death that involves walkers or intentional torture is disturbing to me, and Hershel's was neither.

Plus Hershel had just had some validation that his message was getting through, where Dale had just had the opposite. Tone makes a lot of difference.