Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 2 2013, 04:02 AM   #796
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Okay, that was utterly phenomenal. A lot of questions a very separated group and... Wow. When is February, again?
Old December 2 2013, 04:05 AM   #797
Mojochi
Commodore

Holy shit. That was maybe the best episode since the first season. I forgive the Gov. getting 2 episodes now. It was needed given the outcome

Also... I can't be 100%, but a blood soaked carrier is pretty definitive.
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 04:10 AM   #798
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Holy shit. That was maybe the best episode since the first season. I forgive the Gov. getting 2 episodes now. It was needed given they were his last.

I think it's pretty hard to see Judith as anything but walker snack food. I can't be 100%, but a blood soaked carrier is pretty definitive
I had thought Judith was on the bus. I really, really doubt they killed her that seems very dark, even for this show.

I agree this was a very, very great episode. I guess Hershel's "arc" was over especially when it came to him and Rick but as just mentioned in "The Talking Dead" we need a new old man/"moral center" in the show.

But this episode is a LOT to soak in. I'm glad to see the Governor fall. I was very much expecting it/hoping for it but it was well done given the mini-arc he was given over the last two episodes.

But the fall of the prison was pretty much a given.

I sort of wish that Rick didn't get punked in the fight between him and The Governor and Rick had been the one to get in the kill and had dominated in the fight. Michonne getting the kill is okay but, really, I think Rick more deserved it. Or maybe better Maggie or Beth.

God, that was great TV.

I need a smoke.
Old December 2 2013, 04:11 AM   #799
mr.peany
Fleet Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mr.peany

Holy crap. Ummm....
http://unoland.myminicity.com/
mr.peany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 04:13 AM   #800
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Well at least the actor playing the tank driver, Mitch, will have a role lined up for him whenever they do a Humphrey Bogart biopic.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 04:14 AM   #801
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

The Talking Dead after the montage of kills/deaths in the episode:

Father. Farmer. Doctor. Friend. - Rest in peace, Hershel.
Father. Leader. Tyrant. Madman. - Rot in Hell, Governor.

I sort of wish The Governor didn't get brained. He deserved to become a Walker.
Old December 2 2013, 04:34 AM   #802
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

What a great episode. Tops this season and possibly ever. Glad theya re back on the road, it opens up a lot of new story lines.
Old December 2 2013, 04:44 AM   #803
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Not surprised about Judith. Just like the Chief/Cally baby in BSG - at a certain point the baby weighs down the characters and they have to get rid of it somehow. Otherwise, where's the baby when they're off saving the universe?
Old December 2 2013, 04:56 AM   #804
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

Corran Horn wrote: View Post
Not surprised about Judith. Just like the Chief/Cally baby in BSG - at a certain point the baby weighs down the characters and they have to get rid of it somehow. Otherwise, where's the baby when they're off saving the universe?
The Talking Dead didn't put Judith in the "honoring the dead" montage and the discussion seemed to suggest Judith's fate is unknown at this point. I wouldn't count her out, though the bloody carseat makes her fate pretty likely grim. But we won't know, for sure, until February.
Old December 2 2013, 05:00 AM   #805
Mojochi
Commodore

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
I had thought Judith was on the bus. I really, really doubt they killed her that seems very dark, even for this show.
I hear you, & like I said, I'm not 100% sure, but do the math. What person would take the baby out of its car carrier, making it more difficult to transport? Then leave the carrier full of blood stains, meaning they're hemorrhaging profusely. Contrarily, if a walker fed on the baby & took it, that is exactly what the end result would look like. It's not a closed case, but it's pretty hard to ignore the signs

BTW, Lauren Cohen should never wear makeup. She is one of those rare cases where rouge, lipstick & blue eye shadow actually does an injustice to how amazing beautiful she is
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 05:08 AM   #806
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Corran Horn wrote: View Post
The Talking Dead didn't put Judith in the "honoring the dead" montage and the discussion seemed to suggest Judith's fate is unknown at this point. I wouldn't count her out, though the bloody carseat makes her fate pretty likely grim. But we won't know, for sure, until February.
There are of course possibilities--but, well, how far could they possibly go in showing a baby killed by zombies?
Old December 2 2013, 05:09 AM   #807
kitik
Commander

Holy crap, what an episode.

Daryl kicked a tank's ass. Daryl kicked a tank's ass!

Let me just say that one more time in case you missed it:

Daryl kicked a tank's ass!!!!!!!!!!!!
kitik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 05:09 AM   #808
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Key takeway: the two sisters taking up arms and saving a life. Carol--as always--was right to teach them to fight. There's no getting around that. If the girls were sheltered, guess what would have happened?

Yes, Carol was right.

Hershel and the Governor took the expected direction.

With Beth running off with Daryl, I wonder.....

Carl has now become the new resident badass, never giving up on his father, and fearless.
Old December 2 2013, 05:11 AM   #809
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

I hear you, & like I said, I'm not 100% sure, but do the math. What person would take the baby out of its car carrier, making it more difficult to transport? Then leave the carrier full of blood stains, meaning they're hemorrhaging profusely. Contrarily, if a walker fed on the baby & took it, that is exactly what the end result would look like. It's not a closed case, but it's pretty hard to ignore the signs
Well, if you're a child carrying a baby in your arms may be easier than lugging around the carseat. Though, yeah, I don't think it looks too good for Judith but it's up in the air right now until we get on-screen confirmation. Whomever picked her up simply may have had secondary blood transfer from the battle.

BTW, Lauren Cohen should never wear makeup. She is one of those rare cases where rouge, lipstick & blue eye shadow actually does an injustice to how amazing beautiful she is
She has a face? I was transfixed by her legs! (Though I've a thing for legs in black hosiery.) I agree, though, she's got a face that does well without much makeup (some make-up, naturally, is required when you're on a TV show panel. The make-up artists for TTD simply may not be very good at complementing her looks/complexion. I've seen her in other interviews where she looks great but still must be wearing makeup given the nature of television.)

Key takeway: the two sisters taking up arms and saving a life. Carol--as always--was right to teach them to fight. There's no getting around that. If the gorls were sheltered, guess what would have happened?
I don't think anyone was ever opposed to Carol teaching the children how to fight and use weapons. Hell, even Rick seemed to more-or-less agree it was a necessary thing. Everyone just had a problem with Carol killing two people who were not a threat.
Old December 2 2013, 05:19 AM   #810
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

Well, if you're a child carrying a baby in your arms may be easier than lugging around the carseat. Though, yeah, I don't think it looks too good for Judith but it's up in the air right now until we get on-screen confirmation. Whomever picked her up simply may have had secondary blood transfer from the battle.

She has a face? I was transfixed by her legs! (Though I've a thing for legs in black hosiery.) I agree, though, she's got a face that does well without much makeup (some make-up, naturally, is required when you're on a TV show panel. The make-up artists for TTD simply may not be very good at complementing her looks/complexion. I've seen her in other interviews where she looks great but still must be wearing makeup given the nature of television.)

Key takeway: the two sisters taking up arms and saving a life. Carol--as always--was right to teach them to fight. There's no getting around that. If the gorls were sheltered, guess what would have happened?
I don't think anyone was ever opposed to Carol teaching the children how to fight and use weapons. Hell, even Rick seemed to more-or-less agree it was a necessary thing. Everyone just had a problem with Carol killing two people who were not a threat.
I'm not convinced she actually did it.