RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,678
Members: 24,827
Currently online: 477
Newest member: Sb118_James

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 18 2013, 04:56 AM   #691
jbny67
Commander

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

I wasn't crazy about the entire episode focusing on The Governor.
Not a bad episode, there are just other storylines I would like to see pursued.

Looks like next week focuses on him as well.
jbny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2013, 04:59 AM   #692
Morpheus 02
Commodore

WHoa -- how about this episode!

i thought last episode the Governor was about to attack the prison...then at the end of the episode, i thought it might be to see if it would be safe for him to drop off the ladies....but with the preview, now he's a scout for Martinez, maybe?

It'll be interesting if the Governor will be redeemed (like Monroe in Revolution is trying to be).

i'm definitely anxious to see Darryl's reaction...but this is actually necessary set-up, as the Governor was at the prison's gates last episode -- so we need to see why!
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2013, 04:59 AM   #693
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, there's just a lot going on now at the prison with the illness, Carol's exile, Rick still needing to step up again into the leader roll, the herd outside the gate, the loss of part of the fence and the dog-run there's a LOT going on at the prison. Hard to see it delayed for likely two weeks to focus on The Governor, a storyline I think overplayed it's welcome last season. To soon to reuse him.
Old November 18 2013, 05:06 AM   #694
FreezeC77
Commodore

It was a bit unexpected that we'd get an entire flashback episode, but I think it kinda worked...but if this continues and the focus shifts to the Governor and this new group I'm not going to be too thrilled with that.

BTW, did anyone catch the promos during TWD for AMC's planned Thanksgiving programming?

Gone With The Wind...Allright classic movie
Godfather & Godfather Pt II...ditto
Hitchcock Marathon...Ok.
Steven Seagal Marathon... Umm wait what? Is this like Sesame Street's one of these things is not like the other, one of these things doesn't belong type of questions?
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2013, 05:12 AM   #695
Mojochi
Commodore

Well, we all saw this coming. He's one of the best actors on the show. It was certain he'd be back, & undoubtedly before the mid-season break, which is episode 8. This was 6. They were sure to spend a couple on him, & then the last one, or maybe part of the last two will get back to the prison & how things might be falling apart there, once Daryl knows about Carol, & there's even a strong likelihood that Carol will cross paths with the Gov. & Matrinez's crew. With the Gov. showing up at the prison, it's clear all roads converge at the mid-season break in the last episode or maybe a bit before

I just want to know if Carol can identify the Gov. at sight. I don't think she can. I don't remember her ever seeing him
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2013, 05:23 AM   #696
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
It was a bit unexpected that we'd get an entire flashback episode, but I think it kinda worked...but if this continues and the focus shifts to the Governor and this new group I'm not going to be too thrilled with that.

BTW, did anyone catch the promos during TWD for AMC's planned Thanksgiving programming?

Gone With The Wind...Allright classic movie
Godfather & Godfather Pt II...ditto
Hitchcock Marathon...Ok.
Steven Seagal Marathon... Umm wait what? Is this like Sesame Street's one of these things is not like the other, one of these things doesn't belong type of questions?
The Seagal marathon will probably get the best ratings of the bunch.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2013, 06:04 AM   #697
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

This episode wasn't *bad* per se, I just didn't give much of a damn about it. Got a little more into it as it went on, but I fully expected the Governor to betray/murder the family before it ended. That he didn't, and next week focusing on him again, makes me slightly more interested. Only slightly though; it's the prison I care about, and I'm sure the Governor ends up betraying and murdering these people.
Old November 18 2013, 09:44 AM   #698
kitik
Lieutenant Commander

I'll go against the grain a bit here, and say that I LOVED tonight's episode.

At the end of last season I was somewhat disappointed that the Governor wasn't killed off. It seemed like we'd seen his character do as much as he possibly could, and there was no need to keep him around any longer. Boy was I wrong. I had no clue whatsoever that tonight's episode would even come close to playing out like it did.

Whenever we meet new survivors, I always tend to cheer for them to survive. So of course I wanted tonight's new family to make it. I was afraid the Governor would off them himself, but seeing him slowly reconnect with his humanity was really the last thing I expected.

Of course, that will just make me doubly sad if the family doesn't survive next week's episode, but that in turn will make any sort of return to the darkside for the Governor all the more compelling and ominous in the future.
kitik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2013, 12:05 PM   #699
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Kestrel wrote: View Post
This episode wasn't *bad* per se, I just didn't give much of a damn about it. Got a little more into it as it went on, but I fully expected the Governor to betray/murder the family before it ended. That he didn't, and next week focusing on him again, makes me slightly more interested. Only slightly though; it's the prison I care about, and I'm sure the Governor ends up betraying and murdering these people.
I came away feeling as if the episode was well done, but still boring.

I'm not sure I see the Governor betraying the family, but I do see their deaths driving him to become the man he was after Penney's death.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2013, 12:12 PM   #700
Mojochi
Commodore

That he is at the prison means only bad things can happen. That Carol might not have met him before is doubly so

This could get rough in the 2nd half of this season
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2013, 02:03 PM   #701
the G-man
Commodore

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
Steven Seagal Marathon... Umm wait what?
It's Thanksgiving. You got to expect a bunch of turkeys
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2013, 03:22 PM   #702
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I kept expecting him to murder them to get his hands on their little girl. The fact that he did not was a pleasant surprise.

On this show any shreds of happiness or normalcy get ripped away rather quickly. That does not bode well for the ladies' longevity.
Old November 18 2013, 07:57 PM   #703
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I really liked last night's episode. Despite the fact that the Governor has done some horrible things you still feel for the guy a bit.
Savage Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2013, 09:04 PM   #704
davejames
Vice Admiral

Definitely not the most exciting episode, but I still rather liked it. There was an underlying tension the whole time as you wondered when the Governor might finally snap and reveal his true colors to the family, and the fact he never really did, and actually became a somewhat good and honorable person again, was interesting to see.

It also provides a MUCH more interesting explanation for why he heads back to the prison than if he was just spending the entire year hatching some Sadistic, Evil Plan in a bunker somewhere.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2013, 09:05 PM   #705
Tom
Rear Admiral

The single mom reminded me a lot of an older Maggie, even sounded a little like her. Were they going to actually have sex in the truck next to the sister?..kinky lol