TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 14 2013, 06:56 PM   #661
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
maybe he's over his infatuation, since they've been showing chemistry between him and Michonne, but, I think he's still "brotherly" with her at least).
Daryl and Michonne? When did this chemistry take place? He's spoken to her in a grand total of what? One episode? When did the chemistry happen? I must have missed it. If the show abandons the Daryl/Carol bond, whatever it may be to force a Daryl/Michonne hookup/romance, that'll be beyond lame. The actors don't even play well off one another. Whose idea was this? No lame romances. PLEASE.
Yea, I'm not really in favor of what seemed like they were trying to force-start something there, but, there definitely was a bit of a spark starting on their trip for the meds, and it did seem like they were trying to have something to replace his relationship with Carol with. Which, again, I'm not in favor of, if Carol is to be killed or permanently off the show in any other way, I'd much rather see him pining for her for awhile, rather than shoving him into a replacement relationship.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2013, 07:44 AM   #662
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Agreed, Sindatur. Their conversation seemed terribly forced. Reedus doesn't do "cute" banter well at all. Seems like a bunch of nothing to me. It's not even as if I'm pining for Daryl and Carol to have a romance. Their bond almost seemed to transcend that. It was lovely and it would be a crying shame to throw it aside. Surely the writers can't be that blind. If the writers were trying to script flirting between Daryl and Michonne, it wasn't successful. Michonne seems far more comfortable with Rick and the actress more natural interacting with Andrew Lincoln. Gurai and Reedus have zero chemistry of any kind.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2013, 03:41 PM   #663
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Agreed, Sindatur. Their conversation seemed terribly forced. Reedus doesn't do "cute" banter well at all. Seems like a bunch of nothing to me. It's not even as if I'm pining for Daryl and Carol to have a romance. Their bond almost seemed to transcend that. It was lovely and it would be a crying shame to throw it aside. Surely the writers can't be that blind. If the writers were trying to script flirting between Daryl and Michonne, it wasn't successful. Michonne seems far more comfortable with Rick and the actress more natural interacting with Andrew Lincoln. Gurai and Reedus have zero chemistry of any kind.
In the comic Michonne and
hook up.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2013, 04:01 PM   #664
Fist McStrongpunch
Rear Admiral

I've been thinking that Michonne and Rick might go well together.
Old November 15 2013, 04:06 PM   #665
Ryan8bit
Commodore

What about the chemistry between Daryl and Hershel? Yeeeeeeah.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2013, 06:29 PM   #666
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

^No.
PKerr wrote: View Post
In the comic Michonne and
hook up.
I didn't read the comics but I pictured that happening, though the TV and comic have differences and the show might not follow the comics storyline.

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
wissaboo wrote: View Post
bbjeg wrote: View Post
Think about the Governor's motivations right now. He has in fact been lurking around the prison. Why?

I feel he is going to kill anyone who doesn't swear fealty to him. Or maybe kill them all.

Either he is responsible for the buildup of fence Walkers - or he isn't, and has been sitting on his hands watching grass grow.
fealty is a word that is just not used often enough.
Philip needs a promotion from The Governor to The King. "Hail to The King, baby." He's got enough resemblance to Bruce Campbell; he could pull it off.
Misquote. I didn't say that, it was Triskelion.
bountifulboxesjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2013, 07:38 PM   #667
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Sorry; misplaced quote tags.

But the point stands!
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2013, 10:41 PM   #668
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I've only been skimming this thread, but does anyone else think the Governor is luring walkers to the prison fence?
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2013, 11:41 PM   #669
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

I'm not certain how plausibly he could get inside the fence (without anyone noticing) to do the rat-baiting. But if he can, then yes. There's no one inside who's a better suspect. Lizzy maybe, but it doesn't sound right for her.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2013, 11:51 PM   #670
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I just meant he might be drawing in large numbers of Walkers to the fence to make life difficult for those on the inside. Not that he is the rat-baiter.
Old November 15 2013, 11:58 PM   #671
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

I think he might have a mole inside the prison who's the one luring the Walkers to the fence. I'm not sure how he'd lure them to the fence by any other means from outside the prison.
Old November 16 2013, 12:04 AM   #672
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

He'd just needs to make some noise and then duck out of site when he got close to the prison.
Old November 16 2013, 01:04 AM   #673
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

Yeah, I doubt it. He'd be "exposing himself" too much if he did something like that.
Old November 16 2013, 11:05 AM   #674
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I've thought all along that the Governor is somehow responsible for the large number of zombies accumulating around the prison.
Old November 16 2013, 01:48 PM   #675
PKerr
Rear Admiral

I hope it doesn't turn out that the Governor is leading the Walkers to the prison, that would just be stupid and our heroes would have seen some sort of evidence of that taking place, it's not as if they are harmless head of cattle and if he was why not finish the job by cutting the fence an letting them in?

Second it's a dumb to think that dangling a few rats through the fence is luring them there.
What are they ultra preservative that they can hear a rat being dangled through a fence from miles away?
I really think the whole rat thing is just Lizzy feeding her pets.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote