TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 13 2013, 12:41 AM   #631
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Chuck Norris wears Darrel Dixon pajamas.
Old November 13 2013, 12:54 AM   #632
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I was wondering about the cold.

You go north or south enough and the walkers freeze up and can't walk.

Meanwhile if you're along the equator, they have to be rotting faster, the first Zombies form day one have to be nothing but bone by now.

Fuck fences.

Live on a boat.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 01:09 AM   #633
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I was wondering about the cold.

You go north or south enough and the walkers freeze up and can't walk.
One would assume that the freezing process on the brain would also likely do enough damage to destroy it.
Meanwhile if you're along the equator, they have to be rotting faster, the first Zombies form day one have to be nothing but bone by now.
Not necessarily. Whatever is reanimating them doesn't seem to be nearly as effected by decay as normal human bodies. It might have a secondary effect of regulating moisture and fluids to keep as much tissue as possible functioning. Many still have fresh looking blood in them even.
Live on a boat.
Yes.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 01:43 AM   #634
Mojochi
Commodore

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Fuck fences.

Live on a boat.
Boat has got to dock to restock. The sad truth is that they are only about 300-350 miles away from one of the best places on the entire continent to live. Certainly where people in central Georgia should have been heading all along

Cumberland Island off the southern most coast of Georgia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumberland_Island

There's no mainland bridges to it. It's big, relatively undeveloped, warm climate, fishing, game, fresh water lakes, some existing buildings, & the authorities don't allow more than 300 people on it at any given time. So clearing out walkers wouldn't be too tough really

That prison population could have lived quite well there, with occasional raids on the mainland for whatever additional requirements

It's quite silly how suitable it is & that none of them have any clue
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 02:19 AM   #635
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Triskelion wrote: View Post
I would not be surprised if the Governor wanted to either rule the prison or kill them all. First, he'd have to work on undermining Rick's authority to prime the situation and make them ready to win their hearts and minds when he comes to the rescue of a situation Rick had lost control of. (I know I'm just spitballing).
Yes, that's spitballing, but Rick has set a negative outcome in motion, where division of the core group will not be a surprise. In short, the season 2 finale muttering about ditching Rick (the campfire scene) might come roaring back.

This group is not the Walking Dead version of the Super Friends.
Old November 13 2013, 02:26 AM   #636
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Scout101 wrote: View Post
That said, what should he have done? Bringing her back would have fractured the group, and likely forced her to be executed.
...do you think the group will not be fractured when everyone discovers Carol's fate?

So yeah, best case, Ty doesn't beat her to death, and they're forced to have a trial. She did it, and admitted it. After causing huge divides in the group, she's either executed or banished (best case) anyway. And the group is messed up because of it.
Where's this "execution" business coming from? Do you think Daryl would stand by and let Tyrese assault Carol?

Come on.

Either way, anyone have a warm fuzzy that the prison is going to be around much longer? We're not going to be having council meetings for long, between the Governor being back, the fence failing, the flu wiping people out. We've got lots of disposable extras, pretty sure we're going to thin this herd back down a bit, and we'll get our dozen or so survivors out on the road again by spring...
They will be on the run soon enough--but the Governor will not be the only living problem threatening what is left of the group...

I'm just waitng for the return of Carol. That will be interesting.
Old November 13 2013, 02:48 AM   #637
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

I would not be surprised if the Governor wanted to either rule the prison or kill them all. First, he'd have to work on undermining Rick's authority to prime the situation and make them ready to win their hearts and minds when he comes to the rescue of a situation Rick had lost control of. (I know I'm just spitballing).
Yeah, and what's the chances of those people from Woodbury remembering how he shot down a good portion of their group, or how he humiliated Maggie, oversaw Glenn's torture, killed Daryl's brother Merle, and made a walker kill Andrea? One mistake by Rick and they'll accept him. Michelle would even be his bride.

I hope you caught the sarcasm, I laid it on pretty thick.
bountifulboxesjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 03:42 AM   #638
sojourner
Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
but the Governor will not be the only living problem threatening what is left of the group...

You are seriously deluded if you think Carol is going to turn aggressive towards the group.
Old November 13 2013, 04:52 AM   #639
blueskin
Ensign

View blueskin's Twitter Profile

How about those dogs feeding on a walker
Especially the lies.
blueskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 05:52 AM   #640
DecktheThralls
Rear Admiral

bbjeg wrote: View Post
Yeah, and what's the chances of those people from Woodbury remembering how he shot down a good portion of their group, or how he humiliated Maggie, oversaw Glenn's torture, killed Daryl's brother Merle, and made a walker kill Andrea? One mistake by Rick and they'll accept him. Michelle would even be his bride.

Nothing a few bullets and blindfolds wouldn't take care of. He could give them a choice - fall in line or eat a bullet. Or the scream pits.

Think about the Governor's motivations right now. He has in fact been lurking around the prison. Why?

To kill them all for revenge.
To kill a few of them and take over
To kill all or a few to move in.
To kill a few of them and leave? I don't think so. His megalomania won't let him stop there.

I feel he is going to kill anyone who doesn't swear fealty to him. Or maybe kill them all.

Either he is responsible for the buildup of fence Walkers - or he isn't, and has been sitting on his hands watching grass grow.
DecktheThralls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 06:54 AM   #641
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

Nothing a few bullets and blindfolds wouldn't take care of. He could give them a choice - fall in line or eat a bullet. Or the scream pits.

Think about the Governor's motivations right now. He has in fact been lurking around the prison. Why?

To kill them all for revenge.
To kill a few of them and take over
To kill all or a few to move in.
To kill a few of them and leave? I don't think so. His megalomania won't let him stop there.

I feel he is going to kill anyone who doesn't swear fealty to him. Or maybe kill them all.

Either he is responsible for the buildup of fence Walkers - or he isn't, and has been sitting on his hands watching grass grow.
fealty is a word that is just not used often enough.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 07:16 AM   #642
propita
Rear Admiral

Well, the trailer for next week showed the Governor all by himself. What happened to the other two guys? He killed them? They up and left? They just weren't in the scene?
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 07:34 AM   #643
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Shanndee wrote: View Post
^If you're talking about Shane, Rick didn't do exactly what Carol did.
I think he's talking about Rick making the unilateral decision to exile Carol (which realistically could result in her death). Carol also made a unilateral decision to deal with the the infected. He's certainly a hypocrite in that respect.
Exactly.
One man's hypocrisy is another man's poetic justice.

Carol seems to see the bigger picture, while hypocritical Rick lives in the moment--guided by warped emotionalism.
There's no "right" decision in this kind of situation. If the characters are going to err anyway, let them err on the side of compassion. If cold pragmatism and "do whatever's necessary to stay alive" are what it takes to keep the human race going, and that's all the next generation learns, then you wind up with a bunch of heartless bastards who know nothing but survival. Humanity was saved ... at the cost of their humanity. Is that even worth it? Especially if they're being tested as Hershel surmised.

"It's not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

That's certainly true!

sojourner wrote: View Post
You are seriously deluded if you think Carol is going to turn aggressive towards the group.
After seeing what happened to Morgan, anything is possible.

wissaboo wrote: View Post

fealty is a word that is just not used often enough.
Philip needs a promotion from The Governor to The King. "Hail to The King, baby." He's got enough resemblance to Bruce Campbell; he could pull it off.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2013, 10:59 AM   #644
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post

Exactly. They both made their decisions and acted on them without consulting the group.
But Rick didn't kill Carol for her actions.
I would argue that Rick did condemn Carol to death.

Carol has morphed into a person that is more than capable in their new world, but sending her out on her own is dooming her.

One wrong thrust, car troubles or any number of scenarios could end in her being zombie snack without backup.

Plus, he made a decision that could potentially rip apart their small band.

Maggie and Herschel understood, but that does not mean that everyone is going to.

Did he put Judith and Carl in more peril, by deciding Carol's punishment without consulting anyone? I would say yes.
Agreed.
Old November 13 2013, 11:18 AM   #645
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Boat has got to dock to restock. The sad truth is that they are only about 300-350 miles away from one of the best places on the entire continent to live. Certainly where people in central Georgia should have been heading all along

Cumberland Island off the southern most coast of Georgia. [...]
There's no mainland bridges to it. It's big, relatively undeveloped, warm climate, fishing, game, fresh water lakes, some existing buildings, & the authorities don't allow more than 300 people on it at any given time. So clearing out walkers wouldn't be too tough really.
What makes you think the island isn't infested with thousands of walkers by now? How many people the authorities allow on it means nothing during the apocalypse, a barely populated island would have become a very attractive destination very fast, it is very unlikely that they'd only have to deal with 300 walkers.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote