Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 14 2013, 03:29 AM   #46
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

If animals and healthy people are turning I'd say it's time to give it up, folks, and take the cyanide pill or whatever. Jeebus.

Might be something in the water - or glasses might've had TB or something like that.
Old October 14 2013, 03:31 AM   #47
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

I've got to say, that store seemed very well stocked (I get the electronics and stuff still being there, but all of the booze? And you'd think the store would still have been ransacked) given that more than a year has passed since this all started.

BTW, did Rick actually leave that woman after she turned? That would seem pretty stupid since he's already had experience finding out what happens when you leave a zombie you could kill. Heck last season we found out what happened to Morgan because he didn't kill his wife when he should have.
Probably an "open to interpretation" thing. I say he didn't out of some-kind-of "respect" for her wishes and the time they shared, Rick seems to have mellowed some.
Old October 14 2013, 03:32 AM   #48
Pondwater
Fleet Captain

That guy trapped under the Liquor shelf.. Why didn't he just bust open a bottle and shove it in that walker's face instead of trying to peel it off.
Old October 14 2013, 03:36 AM   #49
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

That bit with the store felt off in a few ways. I loved the zombies falling from the ceiling but would've preferred they just kept coming through the one hole, the entire ceiling crumbling through all at once was odd. When the first one is hanging from the ceiling everyone just stared at it which seemed out of character with hardened zombie survivors. No one had even an attempt at a parting shot for the bite victim? I thought they left no one to turn.

I understand they probably need this for the drama but damn even if it was duct tape and cardboard I'd armor up before going out there.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 03:37 AM   #50
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Glenn had the riot gear on, you'd think everyone would have had on riot gear or been like Brad Pitt in World War Z and padded the arms/legs with magazines or other pieces of padding.
Old October 14 2013, 03:39 AM   #51
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Retawdnop wrote: View Post
That guy trapped under the Liquor shelf.. Why didn't he just bust open a bottle and shove it in that walker's face instead of trying to peel it off.
The ones he could reach were probably busted to too small pieces in the fall to be useful.

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 03:42 AM   #52
FreezeC77
Commodore

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
That bit with the store felt off in a few ways. I loved the zombies falling from the ceiling but would've preferred they just kept coming through the one hole, the entire ceiling crumbling through all at once was odd. When the first one is hanging from the ceiling everyone just stared at it which seemed out of character with hardened zombie survivors. No one had even an attempt at a parting shot for the bite victim? I thought they left no one to turn.

I understand they probably need this for the drama but damn even if it was duct tape and cardboard I'd armor up before going out there.
Maybe the writers watched Sharknado... better watch out for when a tornado sweeps through the area and zombies start flying around at you.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 03:43 AM   #53
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post

Maybe the writers watched Sharknado... better watch out for when a tornado sweeps through the area and zombies start flying around at you.
Walkernado!
Old October 14 2013, 03:57 AM   #54
jbny67
Commander

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
I've got to say, that store seemed very well stocked (I get the electronics and stuff still being there, but all of the booze? And you'd think the store would still have been ransacked) given that more than a year has passed since this all started.
They said it was a place that the army set up for people to come and get supplies.
Walkers overran the place and now the walkers inside kept people out.

They thought they lured all of them out with noise. Although they were prepared for some to still be inside the building, they didn't know about the ones on the roof.
jbny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 04:01 AM   #55
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Any society where death means turning into zombies would quickly evolve a locked bedroom door policy when sleeping. To keep zombies out and in as the case may be.

Good episode, but as it went on I kept thinking "where's Judith?". Kept her hidden right to the very end there.
Old October 14 2013, 04:26 AM   #56
Ryan8bit
Commodore

sojourner wrote: View Post
Any society where death means turning into zombies would quickly evolve a locked bedroom door policy when sleeping. To keep zombies out and in as the case may be.
Yeah, that seems like the number one benefit of being in a prison where the bedrooms are cells.

I'm guessing the deer that Daryl caught the prior day had the same sickness that the pig did and that said sickness was transmitted to the kid with the glasses. It's possible others might have it too. You'd think the guy who was a veterinarian might be out there looking at the pig...

I was surprised that the crazy lady in the woods was played by Kerry Condon, who played Octavia on Rome.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 04:42 AM   #57
Mojochi
Commodore

Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
You'd think the guy who was a veterinarian might be out there looking at the pig...
Well, there's a ridiculously sensible thing to have thought of. A veterinarian & a FARMER. lol

I was surprised that the crazy lady in the woods was played by Kerry Condon, who played Octavia on Rome.
Thank god they mentioned that on Talking Dead. I knew I recognized her, & she's not credited on IMDB. It was killing me. I'll always remember her playing Morgan Freeman's daughter in Unleashed

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
BTW, did Rick actually leave that woman after she turned? That would seem pretty stupid since he's already had experience finding out what happens when you leave a zombie you could kill. Heck last season we found out what happened to Morgan because he didn't kill his wife when he should have.
I was actually kind of bothered that he began to skulk away when we were under the initial impression she was a walker. He don't kill walkers no more? It feels like he's gone kind of soft, if Carol is afraid about him finding out about her defense class

Don't just teach them to use knives. Teach them to use guns, to drive cars, to dress wounds. You teach them to survive in a hostile environment, not set up Mr. Roger's neighborhood for them

Them warm cozy nights are at an end Tyrese
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 06:42 AM   #58
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

I'm guessing the deer that Daryl caught the prior day had the same sickness that the pig did and that said sickness was transmitted to the kid with the glasses.
Seems excessive to include the deer in that formula. We see two dying swine (one in the sty, the other in the forest) and the strong suggestion that what killed them has gotten into their water supply. It could be flu, it could be brucellosis, it could be a couple other things. All of which don't require an unseen deer as the vector.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2013, 06:56 AM   #59
sojourner
Vice Admiral

The hog in the forest was caught in one of Rick's snares. It wasn't sick.
Old October 14 2013, 07:50 AM   #60
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I thought that was Octavia. The actress is Irish; how pleasing to hear her real accent. Gods, what a harsh, bitter ending for her. Human cost. How many people would have been caught away from home and family when it happened? What do you do when the last member of your family is gone and you're all alone? Probably go nuts like she did.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote