Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 29 2013, 01:19 PM   #376
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Venardhi wrote: View Post
RJDemonicus wrote: View Post
I don't, however, like what they did with Tyreese. Up till now, he was always presented as a civilized, reasonable man; now he's been reduced to the angry Black man cliche.
He got angry. For a very good reason. The woman he was in love with was killed and her body was desecrated and no one seemed to give much of a shit. He is sick and tired of this life as it is and his one solace from the misery of all that death that surrounds him is gone. There wasn't any racist cliche involved, it was the natural response for the character given the situation.

Your mind jumping immediately to that stereotype is your own damn problem.

In the comic they get into a knock down drag out that makes what happened in the show seem tame.
Of course the comic is 5 X's more brutal than than the T.V. show.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2013, 02:31 PM   #377
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Immolatus wrote: View Post
in wwz, both the book and the movie their was a working government. so their might be a gov out there just bearly holding on.
Actually no, as I recall there wasn't a "working" government in WWZ, there was a government in exile that took a while to get it's shit together and come back from hiding in it's safe zones.

Still, as someone else pointed out, in The Walking Dead, the airwaves have gone totally silent (until this last episode, that is.) In WWZ I'm pretty sure the remnants of the US Government kept transmitting information and advice all the way through. There's a reason why in one story a wind-up radio is a *very* sought after item.

It's probably worth remembering that in WWZ there was a much longer run-up to the collapse, so certain parties had time to take certain minimum precautions. Hell, things held together long enough for a bunch of moronic celebrities to try and turn surviving in a fortified villa into a reality TV show.

In TWD I think things happened a *lot* faster. Mostly because it seems the virus that re-animates the dead (regardless of the CoD) had already infected the planet before anyone knew what was happening. IIRC, in WWZ the infection could only be spread by bites, so the progress was slower. As in it was months between patient zero and the collapse.
RJDemonicus wrote: View Post
Wow, I can't believe it was Carol who killed them. I don't know how she will survive this. Rick can't ignore it. Tyreese sure won't, and will feel especially betrayed after his talk with her. Will the council put her on trial?

I don't, however, like what they did with Tyreese. Up till now, he was always presented as a civilized, reasonable man; now he's been reduced to the angry Black man cliche.

Herschel rocks, though. I loved his speech.
I get the impression that Tyreese is the kind who knows he has a temper and hates it so he makes an extra effort to be calm and reasonable. Seeing one's would-be girlfriend's still warm, burnt-out husk seems like something that'd break down anyone's self control.

Rick's actually in a similar place which is why he had such a violent reaction.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2013, 03:03 PM   #378
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

PKerr wrote: View Post
Just found This, be warned it has Episode synopsis up to episode 9 it also talks a little about time passage, it's been 6-7 months since season 3's end.
After reading that link, this is my guess about episode 9.

"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2013, 03:07 PM   #379
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Just found This, be warned it has Episode synopsis up to episode 9 it also talks a little about time passage, it's been 6-7 months since season 3's end.

Not saying that story won't happen but I'm kinda thinking episode 8 will be the return of the Governor and at the end with the tank driving up to the prison for the mid season finale and Episode 9 will be the conclusion and sadly they way it plays out in the comic.
Old October 29 2013, 03:19 PM   #380
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Why does Tyrese having a normal reaction to grief and the idea that the woman he loved was murdered make him an "angry black man cliché?" That would make me mad as hell and want to punch someone, too. No one's calling Rick's reaction a cliché. Tyrone's a unique individual. He reacts in his own way. He's no more an "angry man" than Rick is an "angry man."

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2013, 03:21 PM   #381
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Not saying that story won't happen but I'm kinda thinking episode 8 will be the return of the Governor and at the end with the tank driving up to the prison for the mid season finale and Episode 9 will be the conclusion and sadly they way it plays out in the comic.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2013, 03:41 PM   #382
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Could be, TBH I'd much rather that than leaving the Prison conclusion for 2-3 months after the mid season.
Old October 29 2013, 06:34 PM   #383
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

The Walking Dead Renewed for Season 5, Scott Gimple to Return as Showrunner
Old October 29 2013, 06:41 PM   #384
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

It strains credulity to have Tyrese survive the situation he was in.

Of course, the 'sea of walkers' is something I've wanted to see for a while so that's nice.
Old October 29 2013, 06:43 PM   #385
Pavonis
Commodore

"Strains credulity"? Every survivors' existence strains credulity. Sometimes people are just plain lucky.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2013, 06:47 PM   #386
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Pavonis wrote: View Post
"Strains credulity"? Every survivors' existence strains credulity. Sometimes people are just plain lucky.
Every survivor wasn't surrounded by a couple dozen walkers within easy reach. Of course, this isn't a show for realism...
Old October 29 2013, 07:39 PM   #387
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Corran Horn wrote: View Post
Every survivor wasn't surrounded by a couple dozen walkers within easy reach. Of course, this isn't a show for realism...
Speaking of realism several posters have pointed out that after 1 year + gasoline would have gone bad.

Was wondering if octane boosters would solve that problem?
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2013, 07:54 PM   #388
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

They'd help but sooner or later no matter what gasoline would be useless.
Old October 29 2013, 08:05 PM   #389
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Whatever it is that caused the apocalypse, has also slowed down everything from decaying. Walkers, gasoline, batteries... And the audience's interest.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2013, 08:39 PM   #390
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Not to change the subject too much but those of us into gaming, Season Two of TWD Video game was announced today, still recovering from some of the things that went down in Season One.

Anyhoo, have a look.

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2013...lly-announced/