TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 24 2013, 02:48 AM   #241
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Pretty sure that was the prisoner who tried to kill them all a few episodes later.
Eh, but the POV shot is from outside the prison, the prisoner who ambushes them later was still inside the prison and may have actually still been with them or trapped in the yard with the walkers while Carol was doing this.
Old October 24 2013, 03:14 AM   #242
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

He wasn't out in the yard with the walkers. He might have gotten out the way Tyrese's group got in and then got back in the same way.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 04:13 AM   #243
DecktheThralls
Rear Admiral

DecktheThralls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 06:25 AM   #244
Pavonis
Commodore

Who would have a motive to support the Governor? The Woodbury survivors were taken in by their erstwhile enemies. It doesn't make sense that anyone would hold a grudge after learning what the Gov did to his own people - and there was one survivor of the massacre, so it's not like the story isn't known.

Let's face it - the villain this season is the flu. The Governor may appear, but he's a broken man now, and is probably more dangerous to himself than to anyone else. Not that he couldn't take a few people down with him, I suppose....
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 09:43 AM   #245
Marten
Captain

Does it have to be the Walker virus (which may or may not be a virus)? It seems like a aggresive strain of flu would do the trick just as well, if someone is poisoning them. They just have to die, after all.
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 09:54 AM   #246
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Enjoyed the episode, but I have to agree with those who thing the group haven't been as proactive at setting up defences as they should have been. I also wonder, we see them killing walkers at the fence every week, but where do the bodies go?

I thought the idea of the pig sacrifice was a bit strange. They didn't seem to leave very big gaps between the pigs so it's not like they're leading the walkers away from the prison. It was a sad scene though. Those pigs had more development than T-Dog.

The last scene was really cool, hopefully they'll introduce more characters over the next few episodes so there's more of an impact when we find out who has been doing these things.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 05:27 PM   #247
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Pavonis wrote: View Post
Who would have a motive to support the Governor? The Woodbury survivors were taken in by their erstwhile enemies. It doesn't make sense that anyone would hold a grudge after learning what the Gov did to his own people - and there was one survivor of the massacre, so it's not like the story isn't known.

Let's face it - the villain this season is the flu. The Governor may appear, but he's a broken man now, and is probably more dangerous to himself than to anyone else. Not that he couldn't take a few people down with him, I suppose....
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 05:42 PM   #248
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Who? A dedicated psycho. It is more than clear the TV version of the Governor/Woodbury was heavily based on the relationships between Jim Jones and his Peoples Temple. In that horrid situation, there were loyal members still acting in the interests of the cult , even after the Jonestown murders. That said, I can see one of the Woodbury survivors acting as a mole--or planning revenge, even if he or she never sets on the Governor again.
Old October 24 2013, 05:46 PM   #249
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Vendikarr wrote: View Post

I think that will be the big turn for the series, and the means of a tragic end for some of the heroes...
Old October 24 2013, 06:40 PM   #250
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Vendikarr wrote: View Post

I've been thinking that as well.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 09:18 PM   #251
Kytee
Commander

I think it was the little girl feeding the zombies for sure, the first time I watched the scene I actually thought I saw a flash of a face below the flashlight ( indicating it was a child holding the light up high ) but after re-watching it 3 times, I couldn't see it again. ( maybe it was lens flare :P ) Still, I really think there is something wrong with the child, when her sister said 'She's not weak, she's messed up' I think that was foreshadowing and I think Carol really misread the situation ; the kid really was upset about Nick dying. I have a feeling Carols decision to train the kids and now arm them without consulting any other adults is really going to come back and bite her in the ass.

Did more then one person die of the flu that night ? While clearing the prison they came to another cell with a bloody eyed zombie. There was a line about 'someone locked him in just in time,' to which Darryl replied the person in question locked themselves in every night because they sleep walk. If they don't ALL start locking themselves in now , it's going to feel like a huge plot hole to me, it's kind of hard to imagine they weren't already.

I have to agree with what has been said about the herd activity ; it's getting harder to accept how many zombies keep showing up ; assuming 100 zombies get cleared a day, over a 6 month period that's roughly 18 000 zombies. If they aren't clearing 100/day then why not ?
One thing that stood out to me in the first episode, why the heck were the zombies on the roof of the big spot not all clumped up on the edge of the roof closest to the direction the music is coming from??? They have suggested zombies just mindlessly shamble toward stimuli, and the dialog told us that this very stimuli worked for a big crowd of zombies on the ground, how come the ones on the roof were different? The music was still playing as they went through the fence, so even if the sound of breaking glass made them turn away from the edge of the roof briefly , following the 'mindlessly shamble toward stimuli' rule they should have turned back toward the music when the sound of breaking glass stopped. It seems to me , they could have had the zombies act in this manner and still told essentially the same story by moving the liquor isle to the same edge of the store.

Anyway still loving the show, can't wait to see where things go with the final scene of this weeks episode.

Kytee
Kytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 09:36 PM   #252
DecktheThralls
Rear Admiral

In terms of defense, They should try more medieval seige solutions. An archer defense on the roof, work in shifts. Have a production line crafting arrows. You can make longbows and crossbows out of wood or PVC tubes.

Just set up a rooftop defense like in medieval times:

Archers constantly shooting and children making arrows.

For added accuracy create a bailey out of the prison yard; let zombies in a few at a time, as they cross the grounds, shoot them and dispose of the bodies a few at a time at your leisure.

Here's another interesting little weapon:

http://youtu.be/oz3ruRsh-HY
DecktheThralls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 09:38 PM   #253
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

I, again, really doubt the little girl was feeding the walkers. That would be hugely, massively, lame. The set-up seems to be for a much larger threat or problem. The little girl feeding the walkers? God that would be lame.

As for the herd activity, I think the final episode of Season 2 gives us a good example of how this works. We see a herd feeding in downtown Atlanta when a ("the"?) helicopter flies over. They follow the sound of the helicopter and eventually run into another idle group and this just keeps snowballing. Until finally we get the massive herd that eventually descended onto Hershel's farm.

Same thing's have happened here groups of walkers following noises run into other walkers either idle or following noises they clump together and form bigger and bigger herds. And considering the prison has been quite the activity of noise lately (especially during the battle with Woodbury) it makes sense it'd attract a lot of the walkers/lame-brains/biters/geeks/zombies.
Old October 24 2013, 11:40 PM   #254
the G-man
Commodore

Marten wrote: View Post
Does it have to be the Walker virus (which may or may not be a virus)? It seems like a aggresive strain of flu would do the trick just as well, if someone is poisoning them. They just have to die, after all.
To me, the smart answer is that there are two threats: a flu or other plague is causing people to turn while , at the same time, the governor is luring walkers there.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2013, 12:54 AM   #255
Pavonis
Commodore

Kytee wrote: View Post
I have to agree with what has been said about the herd activity ; it's getting harder to accept how many zombies keep showing up ; assuming 100 zombies get cleared a day, over a 6 month period that's roughly 18 000 zombies. If they aren't clearing 100/day then why not ?
Clearly they're not destroying 100 zombies a day. Even if they were, though, there are 4 million people in the Atlanta metro alone, and 10 million in Georgia altogether. So if 99% died during the apocalypse, then we'd have 9.9 million zombies in the whole state. No way they could clear enough to make a dent in the walker population, ever. So a herd of 7500 is nothing. That's just a small town's worth!

If I recall correctly, the walker-to-human ratio (from the comics) is 5000:1. No one is destroying that many walkers alone, and that would mean there's only a million or so people left in the whole world.
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote