Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 1 2014, 11:18 PM   #2281
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Maybe nobody dies but Rick looses a hand or something.
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2014, 11:57 PM   #2282
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

They may meet more people there if it goes on a while.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2014, 12:08 AM   #2283
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

As I did back in the Carol justified/unjustified debate, I predict Carol comes back (again) and saves everybody's behinds.

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2014, 12:20 AM   #2284
kitik
Lieutenant Commander

bbjeg wrote: View Post
Frankly, that just seems like they'd be making thier own job that much more difficult for however many more seasons TWD remains on the air.
kitik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2014, 12:39 AM   #2285
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

kitik wrote: View Post
bbjeg wrote: View Post
Frankly, that just seems like they'd be making thier own job that much more difficult for however many more seasons TWD remains on the air.
Agreed. I know Rick loses his hand in the comics during his encounters with The Governor but I don't see them doing that to him in the series. It'd be just that much more they'd have to mess with or write around for the rest of the series.
Old April 2 2014, 12:44 AM   #2286
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Was anyone else disappointed that Rick's "let's check this place out first" consisted of them walking around in the woods for about 5 minutes? Hell, I would have done a complete circuit of the place and used binoculars while studying their comings and goings for at least a day.
Old April 2 2014, 01:02 AM   #2287
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
Was anyone else disappointed that Rick's "let's check this place out first" consisted of them walking around in the woods for about 5 minutes? Hell, I would have done a complete circuit of the place and used binoculars while studying their comings and goings for at least a day.
We don't know that their checking of the place out didn't consist of at least walking around the place and taking a closer look over the course of an hour or so. Just that that doesn't make for very compelling television so they glossed over it.

As for watching over them for a full day, I don't know how practical that would have been given the situation they were in. IIRC they were burning daylight as it was, they didn't know the kind of patrols the place would have, nor is camping out entirely safe to do with walkers about. Coming in the back door, ahem, though was a pretty good idea.
Old April 2 2014, 02:32 AM   #2288
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
nor is camping out entirely safe to do with walkers about.
Not that that has stopped anyone on the show before.
Old April 2 2014, 03:19 AM   #2289
propita
Rear Admiral

Aren't there, like, tons of feral pigs roaming around the south? And, without humans hunting them, shouldn't there be more wildlife? Life After People stuff?
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2014, 03:33 AM   #2290
sojourner
Vice Admiral

It's not like you see them on every street corner down here. And only 2 years "after people" there wouldn't be that big a population explosion of pigs yet.
Old April 2 2014, 04:07 AM   #2291
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

It's not like you see them on every street corner down here. And only 2 years "after people" there wouldn't be that big a population explosion of pigs yet.
We've seen the Walkers eating a Cow and a horse, so, odds are, the wild Pigs would also have to watch out for Walkers.

Oh, and also, wasn't Rick tossing infected Pigs out to feed The Walkers to herd them?

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2014, 04:51 AM   #2292
Mojochi
Commodore

We don't know that their checking of the place out didn't consist of at least walking around the place and taking a closer look over the course of an hour or so. Just that that doesn't make for very compelling television so they glossed over it.

As for watching over them for a full day, I don't know how practical that would have been given the situation they were in. IIRC they were burning daylight as it was, they didn't know the kind of patrols the place would have, nor is camping out entirely safe to do with walkers about. Coming in the back door, ahem, though was a pretty good idea.
Here's a thought. If your son's safety was important to you, you might value placing him in at least as safe a location as you did your stash of guns

Why not have Michonne & Carl stay hidden & have Rick & Daryl go in on their own? Then if all is safe, head out & retrieve them, and maybe have a deadline like sundown, where if contact hasn't been reestablished, they'll know something went wrong. The same holds true for the folks in Glenn's group, who had twice as many people & a military guy who I'd hope is familiar with the notion of recon
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2014, 04:56 AM   #2293
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Mojochi wrote: View Post

Here's a thought. If your son's safety was important to you, you might value placing him in at least as safe a location as you did your stash of guns

Why not have Michonne & Carl stay hidden & have Rick & Daryl go in on their own? Then if all is safe, head out & retrieve them, and maybe have a deadline like sundown, where if contact hasn't been reestablished, they'll know something went wrong. The same holds true for the folks in Glenn's group, which had twice as many people & a military guy who I'd hope is familiar with the notion of recon
Oh, and next you'll be saying they should have had a group-wide agreed upon meet-up place should anything happen to the prison! Pfft, planning and strategy in the Zombie Apocalypse. Ha!
Old April 2 2014, 07:07 AM   #2294
Saul
Rear Admiral

Mojochi wrote: View Post

Why not have Michonne & Carl stay hidden & have Rick & Daryl go in on their own? Then if all is safe, head out & retrieve them, and maybe have a deadline like sundown, where if contact hasn't been reestablished, they'll know something went wrong. The same holds true for the folks in Glenn's group, which had twice as many people & a military guy who I'd hope is familiar with the notion of recon
Oh, and next you'll be saying they should have had a group-wide agreed upon meet-up place should anything happen to the prison! Pfft, planning and strategy in the Zombie Apocalypse. Ha!
Didn't they do that after the farm burnt down?
Old April 2 2014, 11:03 AM   #2295
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Saul wrote: View Post
Didn't they do that after the farm burnt down?
"Sorta" it seemed like they all just met-up back on the highway where they left the stuff for Sophia. It didn't seem like a plan so much as it just worked out that way. (Andrea, for example, didn't have Michonne take her there.)

But they obviously didn't have any plan laid out in a situation where the prison needed to be evacuated.