RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,706
Members: 24,834
Currently online: 450
Newest member: kamkaran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 31 2014, 04:27 PM   #2221
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Obiwanshinobi wrote: View Post
What a pretty underwhelming finale, although Rick going for the jugular was pretty awesome! Also the Terminus folks are either terrible at aiming or they intently shot around them corralling them like cattle to the train car.
I'm fairly certain it's the latter. I'm sure fresh human meat is better than just dead. Also shooting them may turn them into zombies - right?
DarthTom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2014, 04:37 PM   #2222
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

I wonder who will get served up to be eaten next season! My guess is Eugene!
Obiwanshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2014, 05:03 PM   #2223
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Rick did say they were aiming for their feet. If you were listening.

Fairly obvious they'll escape then in the first few episodes and then head out to DC as has already been confirmed for Season 5. I'd just wager that not all of them make it out alive.
Ethros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2014, 05:07 PM   #2224
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Throw another Barbie on the bar-b

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2014, 05:16 PM   #2225
J.T.B.
Commodore

So... Instead of raising crops or livestock animals, they're going with luring in as many humans as possible and eating them? Those Terminus people are some lazy sumbitches!
J.T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2014, 05:26 PM   #2226
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

The foreshadowing with Rick and his animal trap was somewhat of a nice touch as well.
Obiwanshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2014, 05:35 PM   #2227
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

J.T.B. wrote: View Post
So... Instead of raising crops or livestock animals, they're going with luring in as many humans as possible and eating them? Those Terminus people are some lazy sumbitches!
It makes zero sense. The train station seems to have at this point a zero zombie threat, and they seems to have no difficulty growing sunflowers which IIRC aren't the easiest of flowers to grow. Personally, I'd switch to an all vegetable diet before becoming a cannibal.
Old March 31 2014, 05:45 PM   #2228
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
J.T.B. wrote: View Post
It makes zero sense. The train station seems to have at this point a zero zombie threat, and they seems to have no difficulty growing sunflowers which IIRC aren't the easiest of flowers to grow. Personally, I'd switch to an all vegetable diet before becoming a cannibal.
Yea, I could get by fine on Lettuce, Mushrooms and Potatoes alone, if nothing else

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2014, 05:59 PM   #2229
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

They clearly went through some crisis early on, hence the shrine. And I'm sure they're going to say that once you acquire a taste for long pig, it becomes an addiction. The crops they're growing are simply supplemental for when they run into lapses of incoming survivors. Especially since there's clearly not enough there from what we've seen to sustain everyone they've shown already.
Old March 31 2014, 06:06 PM   #2230
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
They clearly went through some crisis early on, hence the shrine. And I'm sure they're going to say that once you acquire a taste for long pig, it becomes an addiction. The crops they're growing are simply supplemental for when they run into lapses of incoming survivors. Especially since there's clearly not enough there from what we've seen to sustain everyone they've shown already.
I live here in GA and during the winter you cannot grow anything outside. Winter lasts ~ Nov - March, at which point you could no longer grow anything outdoors. So I suppose it's conceivable that a bad winter would lead to cannibalism. However, you'd think this early out during the ZA there still would be enough food to scavenge.
Old March 31 2014, 06:32 PM   #2231
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Say it after me.

Fishing. Fishing. Rivers. Lakes. There'd have to be some alternative before cannibalism. Gross. It's not as if they're stuck in the Andes after a plane crash. Georgia in winter can't be that remote.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2014, 06:36 PM   #2232
Scout101
Admiral

If next year really is escape from Terminus and head to DC, does that really work without Eugene?

I've been somewhat spoiled here, but don't think you can kill him off just yet, and if you did, would they still head to DC? I guess he could tell others what he knows (annoying in a LOST sorta way that no one is questioning him on this), but if he doesn't share his knowledge, or it turns out to not be what we think, why would they still go?

Who can we realistically lose here?

-Beth (even odds I suppose, we don't know if she's already gone)

-Carol. Would miss her, but after everything she's been through, could see it end there. And pragmatic enough to volunteer if it came to it

-Glenn/Maggie. Could see either of them go out here, after some foreshadowing with the picture

-G.I. Joe Barbie. No idea about her from comics, but without that knowledge, could lose her without too much issue, and it gives 'impact' without killing a more popular character

-Woodbury 2.0 Chick. Clearly I'm good with names. Do we care enough to keep her around? Could that be her sacrifice (maybe to save Glenn or Maggie) to even the score with her participating in storming the prison?

-Judith. Seems like it would have made more sense to kill her at the prison if they were going to get rid of her, but maybe the Termites are looking for veal?

Seems Rick, Darryl, Carl, Michone, Tyreese, Sasha, Abraham, and Eugene should all be safe enough. Bob's probably ok, but could lose him without too much heartburn. Maybe they're working something with him and Sasha, so be a waste to kill him here.

There's my rough voting/odds I guess. Sucks to wait to October to find out, but they can't ALL walk out of there...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2014, 06:53 PM   #2233
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

the G-man wrote: View Post
'The Walking Dead' season finale's glitches outrage Time Warner Cable customers: a lot of unhappy viewers in upstate NY last night

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...incart_m-rpt-2
I have Time Warner and only noticed one small skip and that was it thankfully.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2014, 07:09 PM   #2234
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Say it after me.

Fishing. Fishing. Rivers. Lakes. There'd have to be some alternative before cannibalism. Gross. It's not as if they're stuck in the Andes after a plane crash. Georgia in winter can't be that remote.
Macon GA, presumably where they are headed and where Terminus is located is no where near a lake/river/stream to fish in. The few public fishing locations have to be stocked annually like Lucas lake
Old March 31 2014, 07:22 PM   #2235
selina
Fleet Captain

Pfff... I was prepared for the worst cliffhanger ever but in the end the finale was less exciting than I had expected it. Which is a good thing. The movie in my mind didn't end so nicely.

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
And then there's Beth. I was hoping we'd find out more about her situation, but I guess (hope) that will come at the start of next season. Perhaps she and whoever she is with will end up saving the gang at Terminus, but she doesn't even really know where everybody is even. It's also possible she is at Terminus, but I think we might have seen her then?
Well, there was the meat on the grill...
That's what I was thinking ...
selina is offline   Reply With Quote