Takei Museum Fundraiser In Progress
By: T'Bonz on Mar 25

Star Trek 3 Villain?
By: T'Bonz on Mar 25

Montgomery Comic Book Signing
By: T'Bonz on Mar 24

Mulgrew To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Mar 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old March 25 2014, 05:20 PM   #2071
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Another odd non-emotional moment in last week's episode. It seems as though both Rick and Karl were able to get over Judith's presumed death fairly quickly. You'd think Karl would be in greater emotional turmoil over his little sister's death - the girl that he birthed - and then killed his mother for.

His lighthearted banter with Michonne in context with the recent presumed death of his sister seems a bit odd.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 05:23 PM   #2072
Ryan8bit
Commodore

I think Glenn didn't seem to trust Eugene, he's just going along with it. I think at this point, they've all been in such hopeless situations that they really want to grab hold of anything that seems positive, even if it's not entirely credible. And those that don't believe will go along with it because they've got nothing better to do but survive.

Also, I could've sworn that when the commotion goes on in the house after Rick escaped, they were yelling, "Get her!" But in hindsight that doesn't entirely make sense since the commotion was likely from the turned Lou.

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Not once do I recall anyone asking either the producers or actors some of the tough questions about some of their more obvious plot problems in the series. The largest of which as many have pointed out countless times here before is that gasoline would have gone bad.
That's neither a tough question nor a plot problem. The answer is that it just works. No doubt the people in charge would laugh it off and say the show is about zombies and that people shouldn't be expecting scientific accuracy in every place.
Ryan8bit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 05:25 PM   #2073
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
selina wrote: View Post
Joe, the leader, conveniently forgot to mention that some of the guys were probably raping a girl while they were at the house.

On Eugene. Sure it'd be annoying and pointless to continue to ask him to spill what he knows given he's committed to the "It's classified" thing but it's odd so many are just taking him at his word.

Abraham enough so that he's willing to risk his life, and others, to get Eugene to Washington. Glenn seemed to mostly just accepted that he knows, Sasha, Maggie and others. They just say, "Oh, okay! Cool! The world is saved!"

Hell, Glenn should be more suspect since he was there at the CDC when Jenner pretty much said world health organizations were struggling to figure out what was going on.

Seems like given the state the world is in you would just accept someone's word that they know what's going on and can stop it given the global impact the problem has caused and that even if there is a "cure" it's hardly going to kill all of the walkers at once and instantly bring the world back to normal.

Now, maybe Eugene was able to fast-talk Abraham into believing him somehow but everyone else so far seems to have pretty easily taken Eugene/Abraham at their word.
I guess since there is apparently a still-functioning government in DC

They've been away from TV, sci-fi books and TrekBBS for a long time, so they may not be so up on science.

He could've given them technobabble, and in his annoying voice, they said "OK, whatever".

While the CDC didn't have a cure, it was just a few weeks into the crisis, and by the time they reached Jenner, he was all alone. His wife had recently died, and most of the other people at the CDC either died or abandoned their post. So there might not have been as much research done as there could have been. And being almost 2 years out, plenty of time for observation & experimentation.

Assuming that Eugene isn't just a Trekkie spouting enough technobabble to sound plausible.

sojourner wrote: View Post
"it's classified", as I mentioned earlier, is a bullshit answer though. Classified from who exactly? The Russians? The Chinese? What good does it do to keep the cure a secret?
No one of the other people there are scientists..and Abraham believes there is a government in DC (we've seen no evidence of it)...so that last bit of the old world seems like something they can accept.

Yeah, it seems like people are taking it way to easily on face value that Eugene knows what happened and can stop the plague or whatever is happening.
See above.

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
shivkala wrote: View Post
I hate to say it, but if they do kill Rick, it might not be the worst thing. He's almost been a non-entity this whole season. I don't think I've liked a single thing they've done with his character lately.
I feel the same way. And the way this half of the season has played out he's barely been in it anyway. Even when the episodes focused on him he was mostly out of it. Speaking of that, I think the show has picked up with the last few episodes but they could have planned it out better. The bit with Rick, Carl and Michionne in this episode felt shoehorned into the episode because we hadn't seen them for a while.

And Terminus...well. That seems a strange place. No lookouts? Anyone can just walk in? It's way too peaceful and calm there.
Rick and Company needed that cameo to show us how close everyone is to Terminus. (especially Darryl's group to Rick)

And Terminus...well, that's why this is a teaser....teasing us into hyping "what's going to happen next"... great way to end and build up anticipation for next week.
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 05:35 PM   #2074
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Another odd non-emotional moment in last week's episode. It seems as though both Rick and Karl were able to get over Judith's presumed death fairly quickly. You'd think Karl would be in greater emotional turmoil over his little sister's death - the girl that he birthed - and then killed his mother for.

His lighthearted banter with Michonne in context with the recent presumed death of his sister seems a bit odd.
Yeah, based on Rick's attitude after Lori's death, I expected the absent schizophrenic Rick to return. I get that Karl is relaxed near Michonne after she admitted loosing her kid but Rick and Karl should be more emotionally distant.
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 05:40 PM   #2075
Levi
Lieutenant Commander

I just caught up on Season 4 up to Ep11. Got the last of it to catch up today!
I like how theyre really starting to get into the darkness of survival in a world such as this!
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 05:50 PM   #2076
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

Levi wrote: View Post
I just caught up on Season 4 up to Ep11. Got the last of it to catch up today!
I like how theyre really starting to get into the darkness of survival in a world such as this!
It gets better too.
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 05:59 PM   #2077
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Caligula wrote: View Post
Suddenly, I just thought back to the burning of Maggie's picture. I REALLY didn't like the sense of foreboding I got from that.
Yeah, that was screaming "One of you is going to regret that."

Regarding Terminus: everyone caught THE GRILL, with the all-too welcoming woman.

Just sayin'.
My guess? Terminus is full of cannibals; and our 'heroes' are next on the menu.
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 06:11 PM   #2078
Random_Spock
Commodore

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

bbjeg wrote: View Post
Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
It's okay guys. I'm sure the cattle or other livestock was just hidden away in another part of the facility.
Or so she'll say. She'll also tell you how tasty Terminus' soylent green steak is.
Nice one ! I don't trust that place one iota. Something is definitely up there. It seems... 'too perfect'. And any place like that, has to have its share of secrets.
Old March 25 2014, 06:14 PM   #2079
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Yeah, based on Rick's attitude after Lori's death, I expected the absent schizophrenic Rick to return. I get that Karl is relaxed near Michonne after she admitted loosing her kid but Rick and Karl should be more emotionally distant.
Like Carol after Sophia's death, I think they are now learning to internalize emotions. In other words, they are hurt, but they also "know the score" of this world, and cannot fall apart for an extended amount of time (i.e. Rick in season 3), as it leaves you vulnerable--especially now that they do not have a stable shelter.

Carl's already exhibited a range of reactions: sobbing after finding the bloody carrier, then anger (associated; blaming Rick for not killing the man who caused his sister's "death") while they were seeking shelter.

Still, just imagine how much of a nightmare father and son will become if they reunite with Judith, and someone threatens her?

Emotional tidal wave on the way.
Old March 25 2014, 06:15 PM   #2080
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Random_Spock wrote: View Post
Nice one ! I don't trust that place one iota. Something is definitely up there. It seems... 'too perfect'. And any place like that, has to have its share of secrets.
Suffice to say that any place during a ZA where you can walk up to the front door, walk in and no one is seemingly guarding the entrance there is a problem some where afoot.
Old March 25 2014, 06:54 PM   #2081
Agent Richard07
Admiral

The bit with Rick, Carl and Michionne in this episode felt shoehorned into the episode because we hadn't seen them for a while.
This is the episode where everything is starting to come together and we're seeing more than one group, so getting a bit with Rick makes sense. Plus, it was a good way to establish where the candy wrapper came from and that the sons of anarchy are close.

sojourner wrote: View Post
"it's classified", as I mentioned earlier, is a bullshit answer though. Classified from who exactly? The Russians? The Chinese? What good does it do to keep the cure a secret?
Another plot contrivance so that the audience doesn't get too much info too quickly. Stuff like this doesn't ring true. Lost did this a lot and so has this show right from the beginning.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 09:04 PM   #2082
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

It's probably classified because he's responsible somehow.

Wouldn't it be amazingly odd if America was he only country that fell?

The rest of the world is fine, learning how to exist without America?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 09:08 PM   #2083
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post
selina wrote: View Post
Joe, the leader, conveniently forgot to mention that some of the guys were probably raping a girl while they were at the house.

On Eugene. Sure it'd be annoying and pointless to continue to ask him to spill what he knows given he's committed to the "It's classified" thing but it's odd so many are just taking him at his word.

Abraham enough so that he's willing to risk his life, and others, to get Eugene to Washington. Glenn seemed to mostly just accepted that he knows, Sasha, Maggie and others. They just say, "Oh, okay! Cool! The world is saved!"

Hell, Glenn should be more suspect since he was there at the CDC when Jenner pretty much said world health organizations were struggling to figure out what was going on.

Seems like given the state the world is in you would just accept someone's word that they know what's going on and can stop it given the global impact the problem has caused and that even if there is a "cure" it's hardly going to kill all of the walkers at once and instantly bring the world back to normal.

Now, maybe Eugene was able to fast-talk Abraham into believing him somehow but everyone else so far seems to have pretty easily taken Eugene/Abraham at their word.
I guess since there is apparently a still-functioning government in DC

They've been away from TV, sci-fi books and TrekBBS for a long time, so they may not be so up on science.

He could've given them technobabble, and in his annoying voice, they said "OK, whatever".

While the CDC didn't have a cure, it was just a few weeks into the crisis, and by the time they reached Jenner, he was all alone. His wife had recently died, and most of the other people at the CDC either died or abandoned their post. So there might not have been as much research done as there could have been. And being almost 2 years out, plenty of time for observation & experimentation.

Assuming that Eugene isn't just a Trekkie spouting enough technobabble to sound plausible.

No sir, Jenner says " It's day 194 since wildfire was declared and 63 days since the disease abruptly went global."

When Eugene says it's classified I would expect Glenn to say "Bro, I've been to the CDC and got the whole low down, wanna share notes?"
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 09:14 PM   #2084
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
It's probably classified because he's responsible somehow.

Wouldn't it be amazingly odd if America was he only country that fell?

The rest of the world is fine, learning how to exist without America?
We know for a fact that the infection also affected the French from Dr. Jenner.
Old March 25 2014, 09:21 PM   #2085
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Smaller countries, less industrialized countries might find it easier to create a survivable equilibrium?

Cities fall quickly, and rural farmland, not so much.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote