To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 25 2014, 01:42 PM   #2056
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Yes, he was very much in danger.

They were planning on killing Daryl when they met him. It was only because of his crossbow and demeanor that their leader pulled back the reins and invited him to join; he sensed a kindred spirit.

Nevermind how they were basically joking about how they were going to rape Michonne when she returned.

They're not nice people. I don't know how you could even come to that conclusion just because the leader fellow is trying to win Daryl over (who sees right past his bullshit, by the way).
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 02:03 PM   #2057
dansigal
Commander

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Yes, he was very much in danger.

They were planning on killing Daryl when they met him. It was only because of his crossbow and demeanor that their leader pulled back the reins and invited him to join; he sensed a kindred spirit.

Nevermind how they were basically joking about how they were going to rape Michonne when she returned.

They're not nice people. I don't know how you could even come to that conclusion just because the leader fellow is trying to win Daryl over (who sees right past his bullshit, by the way).
It's kind of a weird situation right? We see that episode from Rick's perspective. He wakes up, injured and unarmed in a house full of guys with guns who seem like bad dudes. If they are as bad as they sound to him (and us) he's as good as dead if found. So he does what he needs to to get out and get him and his son and Michonne safe. Watching the episode, you never think twice about Rick's actions.

Yet, from the perspective of these guys, they show up at a house, there's a guy hiding in it, they do absolutely nothing to him at all, no threats, no physical violence, and he murders one of them.

So who's the bad guy here?
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 02:40 PM   #2058
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
I thought Eugene was hilarious, although I hate how everyone just accepts that he has the cure. Even Glenn said, 'he knows'. Why are they all so on board with it with no evidence
True--they should demand evidence, but better their minds are open to the idea that someone knows the solution than to take the opposite POV--which just drops them back in a world of no hope for resolution.

and why has nobody said that perhaps it's better that he shares the secret with someone in case he dies en route?
Now that is a good point...and i'm guessing it will become an issue in the near future--possibly the season finale. I post this because Abraham will do anything to protect the man he sees as the hope for humanity, so if Joe's gang or the Terminus people pose a threat (despite telling people Eugene's importance)...get ready.

That should be good.
Old March 25 2014, 02:52 PM   #2059
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Yeah, it seems like people are taking it way to easily on face value that Eugene knows what happened and can stop the plague or whatever is happening.
That's a good point. You'd think that people would want some more specifics other than, "this guy has the cure." What evidence has he given that he even an inkling that he knows what the cure is other than talking in a bunch of scientific nonsense and able to do math in his head based how fast people are walking.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 03:11 PM   #2060
dansigal
Commander

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Yeah, it seems like people are taking it way to easily on face value that Eugene knows what happened and can stop the plague or whatever is happening.
That's a good point. You'd think that people would want some more specifics other than, "this guy has the cure." What evidence has he given that he even an inkling that he knows what the cure is other than talking in a bunch of scientific nonsense and able to do math in his head based how fast people are walking.
To be fair, when Glen and Tara first meet him, they did ask and he says he won't tell because it's classified. What else is there to do? They aren't going to beat it out of him obviously? If this were real life they would likely continue to bug him about it until they were satisfied that that approach wasn't going to get them anywhere. That being said, the group spent days together on the road that we weren't privy to, so likely that happened, they accepted he isn't going to tell, and that's that.
Old March 25 2014, 03:18 PM   #2061
sojourner
Vice Admiral

"it's classified", as I mentioned earlier, is a bullshit answer though. Classified from who exactly? The Russians? The Chinese? What good does it do to keep the cure a secret?
Old March 25 2014, 03:26 PM   #2062
dansigal
Commander

sojourner wrote: View Post
"it's classified", as I mentioned earlier, is a bullshit answer though. Classified from who exactly? The Russians? The Chinese? What good does it do to keep the cure a secret?
Not defending the answer, just saying, if that's what he's going to go with, and if he's got a military dude hell bent on people not harassing him, what else is there to do? Just keep asking him? I don't need time spent on a scene with Glen just going "that's a stupid answer, just tell us" for like 10 minutes.
Old March 25 2014, 03:34 PM   #2063
selina
Fleet Captain

I was a bit puzzled that no one asked more questions aboout it. If I were living during the ZA and someone told me he could help with a cure for the virus, I would be very excited about it. Of course, maybe it's all just hot air, but still, I was surprised that there wasn't more response. I assume the characters were too busy with the consequences of losing the prison.

dansigal wrote: View Post
[...]
Yet, from the perspective of these guys, they show up at a house, there's a guy hiding in it, they do absolutely nothing to him at all, no threats, no physical violence, and he murders one of them.

So who's the bad guy here?
Joe, the leader, conveniently forgot to mention that some of the guys were probably raping a girl while they were at the house. He didn't tell Daryl the whole story. While that doesn't make him a liar, it doesn't make him trustworthy either.
selina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 03:42 PM   #2064
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
The aliens who unleashed the zombie virus to begin with - don't yaaaaaaaaaaa know.
Old March 25 2014, 03:43 PM   #2065
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

selina wrote: View Post
Joe, the leader, conveniently forgot to mention that some of the guys were probably raping a girl while they were at the house.
No they weren't. The only mention of a girl is when they find Michonne's recently cleaned, and still damp, shirt and they try and to play their little "Dibs!" game on who gets a turn at her when she returns. They didn't have a female captor with them whom they were raping.

On Eugene. Sure it'd be annoying and pointless to continue to ask him to spill what he knows given he's committed to the "It's classified" thing but it's odd so many are just taking him at his word.

Abraham enough so that he's willing to risk his life, and others, to get Eugene to Washington. Glenn seemed to mostly just accepted that he knows, Sasha, Maggie and others. They just say, "Oh, okay! Cool! The world is saved!"

Hell, Glenn should be more suspect since he was there at the CDC when Jenner pretty much said world health organizations were struggling to figure out what was going on.

Seems like given the state the world is in you would just accept someone's word that they know what's going on and can stop it given the global impact the problem has caused and that even if there is a "cure" it's hardly going to kill all of the walkers at once and instantly bring the world back to normal.

Now, maybe Eugene was able to fast-talk Abraham into believing him somehow but everyone else so far seems to have pretty easily taken Eugene/Abraham at their word.
Old March 25 2014, 03:48 PM   #2066
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

^^^ Now that I think about it, one thing that's kind of annoying about the Talking Dead is that they hand select the questions - both live and any e-mailed/tweeted/facebooked that are softball - I love the actors - you are the greatest thing since slice bread.

Not once do I recall anyone asking either the producers or actors some of the tough questions about some of their more obvious plot problems in the series. The largest of which as many have pointed out countless times here before is that gasoline would have gone bad.
Old March 25 2014, 04:22 PM   #2067
dansigal
Commander

selina wrote: View Post
Joe, the leader, conveniently forgot to mention that some of the guys were probably raping a girl while they were at the house.
No they weren't. The only mention of a girl is when they find Michonne's recently cleaned, and still damp, shirt and they try and to play their little "Dibs!" game on who gets a turn at her when she returns. They didn't have a female captor with them whom they were raping.
This was my understanding as well.

So the question is, do these guys have a legitimate gripe against Rick when it comes down to it?
Old March 25 2014, 04:33 PM   #2068
selina
Fleet Captain

^ Ah, okay, I got that wrong then. From the pieces of dialogue Rick overheared I assumed they had a girl with them.
selina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 04:57 PM   #2069
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

You would think Eugene would be telling everyone his theory and writing it down in order for the info to have a better chance of getting to someone in Washington.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 05:04 PM   #2070
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

wissaboo wrote: View Post
You would think Eugene would be telling everyone his theory and writing it down in order for the info to have a better chance of getting to someone in Washington.
That's what I thought someone would tell him.
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote