The USS Enterprise Building
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Wheaton Guests On Mission Log Podcast

Pegg: Star Trek 3 Less Trek-Y

Two Trek Book Covers Unveiled
By: T'Bonz on May 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old March 24 2014, 05:20 AM   #1996
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Caligula wrote: View Post
TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Suddenly, I just thought back to the burning of Maggie's picture. I REALLY didn't like the sense of foreboding I got from that.
Yeah, that was screaming "One of you is going to regret that."
What kills me about it, though, is that it's blatantly obvious. Surely the writers can't be THAT lazy?! Still, there is the whole thing about "a character that is alive in the comics will die in the finale." Well, there's only four characters on the show which are still alive in the comics: Rick, Carl, Michonne, and... well, you can guess (if you don't already know) who the other one is. When it's down to those four, it's clear whom the writers have in mind as the sacrificial lamb.

If they're smart, the burned-up picture is just a red herring to stir the pot before the real kill catches those of us who stay away from spoilers off our guard. IF they're smart...
well, technically, Daryl is now in the comics, no? Hopefully, they won't kill him, but possible!

Andrew Lincoln is scheduled to be on The Talking Dead next week.

About 1/2 the actors who appear on the show have died (it seems). And if Rick dies, then TRULY, absolutely No character is safe.

They haven't had them on the live show the whole time, right?

Well, we'll see what happens...
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 06:15 AM   #1997
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Are they too young to have said "Hey, this is just like in Terminator"?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 11:05 AM   #1998
shivkala
Rear Admiral

I hate to say it, but if they do kill Rick, it might not be the worst thing. He's almost been a non-entity this whole season. I don't think I've liked a single thing they've done with his character lately.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 11:25 AM   #1999
Trekker4747
Out there, somewhere...

shivkala wrote: View Post
I hate to say it, but if they do kill Rick, it might not be the worst thing. He's almost been a non-entity this whole season. I don't think I've liked a single thing they've done with his character lately.
If they're trying to stick to the comics in some fashion or another Rick is safe for the long haul. He, again, is the main the character in the comics.

At least we know it wasn't Beth with redneck gang in the house being used as a rape thing(if indeed that's what was going on). Since Daryl was encountered by the gang not too long after the car left.
I think, by and large, the timeline has all caught-up.

Pretty good episode, next week's finale should be interesting especially with something of a showdown between this group Daryl is with and Rick.

Good scene with Glenn trying to save Tara and a good reunion between Glenn and Maggie. And, yeah, the burning of the picture certainly felt foreboding. Man, I hope Maggie doesn't die.

Didn't recognize Denise Crosby at the end there either but that horrendous-totally-not-a-wig wig at the end sort of threw me off, I guess.

And there is certainly something "up" with this Terminus place. I thought it was odd they didn't have a watch or anything to greet people before they got deep inside the compound.
Old March 24 2014, 12:18 PM   #2000
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
shivkala wrote: View Post
If they're trying to stick to the comics in some fashion or another Rick is safe for the long haul. He, again, is the main the character in the comics.
Understood, however, they sometimes do and sometimes don't follow the comic. I think Kirkman is quoted as saying comic-Rick is the protagonist and it's Rick's story, which seems to make him safe in the comics. However, the show sometimes loves to deviate from the comics just to keep the comic readers on their toes.

Didn't recognize Denise Crosby at the end there either but that horrendous-totally-not-a-wig wig at the end sort of threw me off, I guess.
Re-watching the scene, I kept imagining her Tasha Yar hair under the wig!

And there is certainly something "up" with this Terminus place. I thought it was odd they didn't have a watch or anything to greet people before they got deep inside the compound.
If there's something the show keeps hitting upon, it's that whoever has survived has had to do some questionable things to do so. Even our group has had their moments. So, unless Terminus is a magical place where nothing has gone wrong, you have to wonder why they are so welcoming and, as you said, don't even have a watch. I don't think the "Sons of Anarchy" group is going to enter with their weapons down, as the sign said.

However, there's no saying that they don't have snipers at the ready. Perhaps there's some vantage point we didn't see, with snipers ready to fire if a group comes in without lowering their weapons.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 12:26 PM   #2001
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The true star of this show is Rick's hat.

At the moment Karl is wearing it, but if the Show goes long enough I can see Judith sticking it on.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 01:03 PM   #2002
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Hmmm… Coincidence?

http://i.imgur.com/YBIrEfh.jpg
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 01:41 PM   #2003
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

I saw that her name was in the list of guest actors. That's the only reason I could tell who it was. When she finally appeared, I think I made some crack about her being the creature that ate Tasha Yar, or something tasteless like that.
Crosby hasn't aged as gracefully as some of the other TNG actors e.g Gates McFadden. And she has put on the weight - especially in the face.

This episode: It was good. I dunno why but Glenn annoys me sometimes. It some ways he seems less mature than Karl.

Nitpick: it's amazing that the living sometimes have as good gunshot aim as anyone firing a phaser in Trek. They come into to tunnel and spray gun fire of course missing the principle characters and hitting all of walkers despite being virtually in the dark.

Obviously something isn't right at Terminus. No one guarding the front door. Mary barbecuing all by herself.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 01:42 PM   #2004
dansigal
Commander

Suddenly, I just thought back to the burning of Maggie's picture. I REALLY didn't like the sense of foreboding I got from that.
Yeah, that was screaming "One of you is going to regret that."
What kills me about it, though, is that it's blatantly obvious. Surely the writers can't be THAT lazy?! Still, there is the whole thing about "a character that is alive in the comics will die in the finale." Well, there's only four characters on the show which are still alive in the comics, and when it's down to those particular four, it's clear whom the writers have in mind as the sacrificial lamb.

If they're smart, the burned-up picture is just a red herring to stir the pot before the real kill catches those of us who stay away from spoilers off our guard. IF they're smart...
So I think they've gotten to the point now where they can't kill Maggie or Glenn. They've invested so much in their "story together" and now on top of that they've done the whole drag them apart and unite them thing. It would just be retreading to kill of one or the other. What they can do, and what I think will eventually happen, is kill them off simultaneously in some big grand way, so that at least they go out together.
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 01:57 PM   #2005
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

PKerr wrote: View Post
Hmmm… Coincidence?

Good catch! Perhaps the one responsible for defacing the painting discovered her truth, and left the painting as...a warning?
Old March 24 2014, 02:13 PM   #2006
bbjeg
Admiral

It was a nice coming together episode. With Tara's arch complete (get Glenn to Maggie), I feel she's the next to get killed off. She has a new lease on life, a habit of making bad choices, and she was falling down left and right. I'm curious how Darryl will save the day when his new group catches up with... never mind. I doubt slow drunken bikers can catch up with a cop, a samurai, and a kid jacked up on candy and pudding.

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
At least we know it wasn't Beth with redneck gang in the house being used as a rape thing(if indeed that's what was going on). Since Daryl was encountered by the gang not too long after the car left...
Let's just hope she's not with someone worse.

...I'm guessing Terminus travels around and picks up people and Beth is there being held somewhere and the group will discover things going on.
I have a feeling that's the case, but, [see above reply]

Hmmm… Coincidence?

Good catch! Perhaps the one responsible for defacing the painting discovered her truth, and left the painting as...a warning?
Good catch indeed. If the welcoming woman painted it herself, it would be more disturbing.

dansigal wrote: View Post
So I think they've gotten to the point now where they can't kill Maggie or Glenn. They've invested so much in their "story together" and now on top of that they've done the whole drag them apart and unite them thing. It would just be retreading to kill of one or the other. What they can do, and what I think will eventually happen, is kill them off simultaneously in some big grand way, so that at least they go out together.
Or it could be more of a reason to kill either one, now that the audience is invested in the relationship. I say it'll be Glenn, Maggie would be the most devastated, loosing her family as well. I read a good (sick) book called Battle Royal and they had a way of getting readers invested in the characters, before killing them.

Last edited by bbjeg; March 24 2014 at 04:32 PM.
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 02:52 PM   #2007
Ryan8bit
Commodore

Hmmm… Coincidence?

I don't think it's literally supposed to be her. It's just figurative for someone who's a little over the edge, as Lizzie had the same hairdo. There were surprisingly a lot of themes from those paintings that have carried on into a few different episodes. Another one that made it into this episode was the sunflowers.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 03:38 PM   #2008
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
Hmmm… Coincidence?

I don't think it's literally supposed to be her. It's just figurative for someone who's a little over the edge, as Lizzie had the same hairdo. There were surprisingly a lot of themes from those paintings that have carried on into a few different episodes. Another one that made it into this episode was the sunflowers.
Well there was one of a sunflower and we see sunflowers when we first see Mary and there is also a white dog (the one eyed dog?)

BTW all here is a promo from New Zealand that shows a ton more than we got in the U.S.

Be warned it shows a LOT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNWdXzWH-a4
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 03:51 PM   #2009
Mojochi
Commodore

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Mojochi wrote: View Post
BTW, The candy wrapper is still on the railroad tracks? They must be close behind Rick

And what? You just litter now? No civilization means you just drop your candy wrappers around anywhere? Give a hoot, Douchebag
You understand that no one collects or empties dustbins anymore?
That's no excuse.

Mary's grill does seem like a dead giveaway, & though the picture burning was foreboding of an ill fate for them, I doubt it'll come to that presently
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 03:59 PM   #2010
Ryan8bit
Commodore

Well there was one of a sunflower and we see sunflowers when we first see Mary and there is also a white dog (the one eyed dog?)
And all that stuff is symbolic. There was actually a dead woman in that house with the painting that had that hair style. It's just symbolic.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote