Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 20 2014, 11:11 PM   #1951
Mojochi
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

shivkala wrote: View Post
Right now, making weapons is the furthest thing from their minds. At the prison, yeah, they should have been on top of that.

If I recall correctly, I do believe we've seen Darryl whittling away at a stick to make an arrow before.
I wish I could remember when. It's never caught my attention

Agreed on your 1st point. It's time consuming to make arrows properly. Frankly, bows & arrows are wonderful hunting weapons, but not so great battle weapons. Learning to forge your own bullets would be vastly more useful

But at a certain point you just have to accept that hand to hand weapons will be your commonest method. So riot gear up, biatches
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2014, 11:17 PM   #1952
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

It's not like you need razor-sharp swords or anything for these zombies. They're super squishy. Bludgeoning weapons like hammers and bats are probably way better anyway. Less chance of them getting stuck and whatnot.
Old March 21 2014, 01:51 AM   #1953
sojourner
Admiral

personally, for a melee weapon I'd choose a machete. It's light to carry and has other uses besides zombie killing.
Old March 21 2014, 02:06 AM   #1954
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

...or have a tool belt with several weapons: machete, hammer, crow bar, long screwdriver, hunting knife--or any combination of at least 3. They have to think they are at war, so being armed with multiple weapons serving different purposes would reduce the loss of the living to some degree.

Walking around with just one pistol and knife (ex. Carl and Rick) is just not practical in a situation where you can run out of bullets, or break the knife blade while fighting zombies.
Old March 21 2014, 02:27 AM   #1955
Velocity
Rear Admiral

When Lizzie said she hears the walkers, I wish some one would have said, "oh yeah? what are they saying?" I really wanted to hear more about that. It was probably just crazy-talk but what if...
Old March 21 2014, 02:35 AM   #1956
Borgminister

"....Braaaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss...."
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2014, 03:10 AM   #1957
Mojochi
Commodore

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
...or have a tool belt with several weapons: machete, hammer, crow bar, long screwdriver, hunting knife--or any combination of at least 3. They have to think they are at war, so being armed with multiple weapons serving different purposes would reduce the loss of the living to some degree.

Walking around with just one pistol and knife (ex. Carl and Rick) is just not practical in a situation where you can run out of bullets, or break the knife blade while fighting zombies.
You'd want to be conservative in how much weight you pack. It's best to use things you'll need anyhow. A hatchet or axe, a machete, a shovel that acts as a weapon & pry bar, & a good hunting knife... Plus a reliable handgun with a few clips for emergencies
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2014, 04:14 AM   #1958
kitik
Lieutenant Commander

Velocity wrote: View Post
When Lizzie said she hears the walkers, I wish some one would have said, "oh yeah? what are they saying?" I really wanted to hear more about that. It was probably just crazy-talk but what if...
Didn't Lizzie say something along the lines of "they want us to be like them"?
kitik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2014, 05:29 AM   #1959
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

Finally at home and got to watch this episode. Holy SHIT, that was sad. I kinda saw it coming for
. Carol did what she had to do. Christ, that was sad.
Old March 21 2014, 05:27 PM   #1960
Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD
Tom Hendricks

View Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD's Twitter Profile

Here is a video for a song written and sung by the actresses who played Mika & Lizzy and about the episode The Grove. If you haven't watched the episode, please don't watch this video...serious spoilers.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2014, 06:00 PM   #1961
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon

So a watered down version of the TWD will be aired on MyNetworkTV.
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2014, 06:43 PM   #1962
Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD
Tom Hendricks

View Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD's Twitter Profile

I have no issue with this. So they eliminate some of the more gory stuff, some of the language. I think the show will be just as effective.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2014, 08:15 PM   #1963
selina
Fleet Captain

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
Here is a video for a song written and sung by the actresses who played Mika & Lizzy and about the episode The Grove. If you haven't watched the episode, please don't watch this video...serious spoilers.
Wow. That's touching .
selina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22 2014, 09:35 AM   #1964
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I agree. That's pretty good for a couple of young kids. They're talented.
Old March 23 2014, 08:32 PM   #1965
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mojochi wrote: View Post
You'd want to be conservative in how much weight you pack. It's best to use things you'll need anyhow. A hatchet or axe, a machete, a shovel that acts as a weapon & pry bar, & a good hunting knife... Plus a reliable handgun with a few clips for emergencies
Weight would be an issue, but if you are on the road, I think one should get used to carrying much on their belt/back if they are facing a large number of walkers (or marauders).