Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 14 2014, 10:24 PM   #1816
Conundrum
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Conundrum wrote: View Post

Don't take me or anyone else for idiots. When you're posting about the prison (prior to the end of S2), the Governor (prior to S3),

It's obvious where it comes from.

(I think I've seen all of those mentioned here, some may have been elsewhere with spoiling idiots....but I'm not going to check 45 pages of this thread to verify)
You know most of that was mentioned in press releases and on Talking Dead before hand don't you? Most notably the prison and the governor. No need to read the comics to have known about them.

Again, half this stuff comes from casting announcements and press releases. Best to stay out of the thread if you don't want spoilerage of any kind.
That's too much like Conundrum exercising self control to avoid things that are speculation.
Seriously, do you honestly think people are that stupid?

I mean seriously?

You just need to stop embarrassing yourself by trying to pass it off as innocent speculation.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 10:27 PM   #1817
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Pay attention to the report: if its "sweeping across the eastern seaboard of the United States," and as far as we know, the ZA occurred not long before the start of the film, yet less than 24 hours later, the report indicates the spread, what does that tell you? It was not "it was a much smaller situation" as stated earlier.
Oh, I'm sorry, are you making excuses for the writing now? Tsk, tsk. I thought you were above such things! You certainly seem to imply that by the way you've been crying and pouting at everyone else in the thread who've made very simple and logical assumptions about what likely happened in The Walking Dead.

Does the eastern seaboard--imagine the size and estimated population--hit by the ZA sound like a "smaller situation" to you?
Yes, it does, when compared to a rapid onset and global infestation as Jenner suggested in TWD, that is a minor situation. Especially when you're bitching about how awesome the military should have handled what happened in TWD. Which, you know, was the whole point of that particular part of the conversation (even if you're feebly trying to spin it otherwise).

Nevermind that they had plenty of time in NOTLD to have scientists and experts speculate and throw out hair-brained explanations for what was going on. "It was Venus probe radiation, herp-a-derp!" Which, incidentally, means they had plenty of time to round up the troops, arm them, and send them in to deal with the situation. It also means the fucking people who were listening to it on the radio should have had some clue about what was happening since, again, those scientists sure had enough time to not only concoct crazy reasons for what happened, but managed to get organized enough to report and discuss it on television.

But nope, all we get is a little posse of local deputies rounding things up at the end. No sign of the military anywhere. Even though, according to you, they should have been there and had it handled INSTANTLY. Because they're the fucking MILITARY, man! Rambos, every last one of them!!!
Old March 14 2014, 11:39 PM   #1818
The Keeper
Commodore

PKerr wrote: View Post
The Keeper wrote: View Post
*taps lightly* Excuse me, sorry to interupt but I'd like ask a question.

Did Darly and Beth have sex this episode? They were in the kitchen pulling down food from the cabinet, then the scene cuts to another group for a few moments. When it cuts back to the house they are entering the kitchen, Darly is carrying Beth and they are both giggling like children. They then proceed to consume the food they found earlier.

Is that accurate or did I doze off and miss something?
If they did (which I don't think they did) they never said a word about it or even implied it.
I'm pretty sure he was just carrying her in from playing the piano, remember she got her foot caught in an animal trap earlier in the episode.
Ahhh yes, that makes sense then. I must have somehow got the timeline of events switched. Thanks!

Did Darly and Beth have sex this episode? They were in the kitchen pulling down food from the cabinet, then the scene cuts to another group for a few moments. When it cuts back to the house they are entering the kitchen, Darly is carrying Beth and they are both giggling like children. They then proceed to consume the food they found earlier.

I do not believe they had sex. By the time they were having a moment at the table, it is possible something was on the horizon, but it was interrupted by the walker attack.
That reminds me of another question, did we even see Beth exit the house before the car drove off? Last time I remember seeing her is when she handed Daryl the Xbow.

Little known hit crime drama series on FX: The Bridge. It's crazy good!
The Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2014, 01:06 AM   #1819
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

I don't think so, but Daryl found her pack (or some item of hers) on the ground. So either she was outside and they nabbed her, or the car people only tried to grab her stuff -- and failed.
Silvercrest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2014, 10:03 AM   #1820
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I don't think so. There was the scene later on when she kept asking him why he changed his mind, he hinted that he had feelings for her, and she was somewhat taken aback.

Translation:
Dude, you really have to learn to multi-quote. You're spamming. If a Mod notices you, you will get a warning.
Old March 15 2014, 08:53 PM   #1821
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

sojourner wrote: View Post

You know most of that was mentioned in press releases and on Talking Dead before hand don't you? Most notably the prison and the governor. No need to read the comics to have known about them.

Again, half this stuff comes from casting announcements and press releases. Best to stay out of the thread if you don't want spoilerage of any kind.
That's too much like Conundrum exercising self control to avoid things that are speculation.

I mean seriously?

You just need to stop embarrassing yourself by trying to pass it off as innocent speculation.
You are the only one complaining--and flaming members--with false accusations and general harassment.

Keep it up and this will be reported.

As sojourner pointed out to you:

..and...

Again, half this stuff comes from casting announcements and press releases.
Which means it is widely available to everyone across the media. Again, you do have the option to avoid the thread, instead of flaming.
Old March 16 2014, 04:53 AM   #1822
Conundrum
Commodore

Report whatever you like. No one is flaming. I'm just pointing out your lies. Hell if people wanted spoilers for any TV show they are freely available on the internet.

You're just trying so desperately to look cool with the closest thing you can come to as inside info.

Don't bother lying...I mean replying. You'll be in the ignore bucket.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2014, 06:00 AM   #1823
ClayinCA
Commodore

Savage Dragon wrote: View Post

Please. For the love of god. Use it.
I'm starting to think you're fighting a losing battle.
ClayinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2014, 08:19 PM   #1824
Neroon
Mod of balance

Sindatur wrote: View Post
And yet again (and again, and again), TrekGod1 ignores the other (and bigger) ppart of his rant, that they don't show you things actually went to hell. That's the bigger things that decreases the enjoyment of a Zombie movie.

So, yea, bitching about TWD not explaining where it came from or how things got out of hand, is just bitching for bitching's sake.
Translation: you have a need to defend creatively challenged writers who know they had no idea how to create an interesting explanation. Further, the ZA origin is not the only point audiences have criticized, but please--continue defending this rock-solid concept if that satisfies you.
Infraction for spamming. Comments to PM

I mean seriously?

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Oh, I'm sorry, are you making excuses for the writing now? Tsk, tsk. I thought you were above such things! You certainly seem to imply that by the way you've been crying and pouting at everyone else in the thread who've made very simple and logical assumptions about what likely happened in The Walking Dead.

And the two of you need to take a course in etiquette or take to the higher ground or something that does not result in the rhetoric directed at other posters, or risk getting infractions. That crap only makes matters worse.
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2014, 02:37 AM   #1825
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Aww, Dooley the Dog lost his eye preventing his owner from a carjacking, now I want to see him again.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2014, 03:00 AM   #1826
Agent Richard07
Admiral

4x14: "The Grove"...

Now that's some acting. Pay attention Carl.

I haven't been too thrilled with this slow burn arc with the splintered group but this episode was pretty intense. Lizzie actually seemed to have an interesting point in the beginning about the walkers before it was apparent that she had issues. Then they killed off two kids. Pretty daring.

By the way, I can't look at Carol without thinking of Jamie Lee Curtis.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2014, 03:01 AM   #1827
Mojochi
Commodore

Well........................... I guess they weren't kidding. That was dark. Probably the best episode of the back 8
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2014, 03:02 AM   #1828
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Maaaan....that was a tough episode. Umm...not sure if i'm ready to fully post on it.

But wow...

I thought it was bad to just have Carol, Tyrese, Mika , Lizzie & Judith...but....wow.
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2014, 03:09 AM   #1829
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I'd say nothing is off the table after this one. Doesn't get much darker than that but it's in character for everyone though I was pulling for things to go another way.
Old March 17 2014, 03:29 AM   #1830
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

They have CM Punk from WWE on Talking Dead. He walked off a show a few weeks ago and there's been a lot of speculation over whether he's been fired or not. Over on the wrestling forum a bunch are watching only for him, not knowing the show, and they're going crazy over how boring they're finding this and it's rather funny.