Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 14 2014, 06:20 PM   #1801
The Keeper
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

*taps lightly* Excuse me, sorry to interupt but I'd like ask a question.

Did Darly and Beth have sex this episode? They were in the kitchen pulling down food from the cabinet, then the scene cuts to another group for a few moments. When it cuts back to the house they are entering the kitchen, Darly is carrying Beth and they are both giggling like children. They then proceed to consume the food they found earlier.

Is that accurate or did I doze off and miss something?

Little known hit crime drama series on FX: The Bridge. It's crazy good!
The Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 06:35 PM   #1802
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Conundrum wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Play innocent all you like.

If everything is so spoilery for you, your best bet might be to stay out of threads where people talk about what they think might happen on the show.

Seriously, how do you tell what's idle speculation and what's spoilers from the comics unless
A. the person mentions they saw it in the comics
or
B. You already read it in the comics yourself?

It still doesn't guarantee that the "spoiler" will happen in the show.
Don't take me or anyone else for idiots. When you're posting about the prison (prior to the end of S2), the Governor (prior to S3),

It's obvious where it comes from.

(I think I've seen all of those mentioned here, some may have been elsewhere with spoiling idiots....but I'm not going to check 45 pages of this thread to verify)
You know most of that was mentioned in press releases and on Talking Dead before hand don't you? Most notably the prison and the governor. No need to read the comics to have known about them.

Again, half this stuff comes from casting announcements and press releases. Best to stay out of the thread if you don't want spoilerage of any kind.
Old March 14 2014, 06:51 PM   #1803
Conundrum
Commodore

A spoiler is a spoiler regardless of the source.

Keep trying.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 06:58 PM   #1804
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Then get used to being spoiled.
Old March 14 2014, 09:18 PM   #1805
PKerr
Rear Admiral

The Keeper wrote: View Post

Did Darly and Beth have sex this episode? They were in the kitchen pulling down food from the cabinet, then the scene cuts to another group for a few moments. When it cuts back to the house they are entering the kitchen, Darly is carrying Beth and they are both giggling like children. They then proceed to consume the food they found earlier.

If they did (which I don't think they did) they never said a word about it or even implied it.
I'm pretty sure he was just carrying her in from playing the piano, remember she got her foot caught in an animal trap earlier in the episode.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 09:35 PM   #1806
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

If everything is so spoilery for you, your best bet might be to stay out of threads where people talk about what they think might happen on the show.

Seriously, how do you tell what's idle speculation and what's spoilers from the comics unless
A. the person mentions they saw it in the comics
or
B. You already read it in the comics yourself?

It still doesn't guarantee that the "spoiler" will happen in the show.
Don't take me or anyone else for idiots. When you're posting about the prison (prior to the end of S2), the Governor (prior to S3),

It's obvious where it comes from.

(I think I've seen all of those mentioned here, some may have been elsewhere with spoiling idiots....but I'm not going to check 45 pages of this thread to verify)
You know most of that was mentioned in press releases and on Talking Dead before hand don't you? Most notably the prison and the governor. No need to read the comics to have known about them.

Again, half this stuff comes from casting announcements and press releases. Best to stay out of the thread if you don't want spoilerage of any kind.
That's too much like Conundrum exercising self control to avoid things that are speculation.
Old March 14 2014, 09:37 PM   #1807
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

It never turns out well when people are overly spoiled.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 09:38 PM   #1808
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

The Keeper wrote: View Post

I do not believe they had sex. By the time they were having a moment at the table, it is possible something was on the horizon, but it was interrupted by the walker attack.
Old March 14 2014, 09:42 PM   #1809
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
verwhelming in TWD the "everyone has the disease" thing is the big wrinkle in it. We don't know how, or when, everyone got infected. Or what activated the disease if it's an underlying, genetic, condition.

Statistics estimate over 150,000 people die every day. So after ONE day 150,000 zombies exist. A person dies in a hospital, at home, in a field somewhere and they become a zombie. Now someone around those 150,000 people are not aware of what's going on and they all of the sudden get bitten/scratched or somehow injured before escaping, any attack they make on the zombie proves useless. Now you've got 300,000 zombies (or potential zombies) out there and then a day later you get 150,000 more.

After a week, two weeks it grows more and more insane as people continue to die of natural causes and reanimate, or people die from a zombie injury and reanimate.
How many die of brain injury--or incidents where the brain is damaged? Examples include suicide by firearm, high impact collision, a fall...? Of the 150,000, subtract deaths were reanimation is not possible.
Old March 14 2014, 09:46 PM   #1810
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Sindatur wrote: View Post
And yet again (and again, and again), TrekGod1 ignores the other (and bigger) ppart of his rant, that they don't show you things actually went to hell. That's the bigger things that decreases the enjoyment of a Zombie movie.

So, yea, bitching about TWD not explaining where it came from or how things got out of hand, is just bitching for bitching's sake.
Translation: you have a need to defend creatively challenged writers who know they had no idea how to create an interesting explanation. Further, the ZA origin is not the only point audiences have criticized, but please--continue defending this rock-solid concept if that satisfies you.
Old March 14 2014, 09:50 PM   #1811
sojourner
Vice Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Further, the ZA origin is not the only point I have criticized, but please--continue defending this rock-solid concept if that satisfies you.
FTFY.
Old March 14 2014, 09:51 PM   #1812
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Maybe you should go watch it again. Hell, let's look at a few recaps of it on the web.

Wikipedia
"Radio reports explain that a state of mass murder is sweeping across the eastern United States."

IMDB
"Radio reports explain that an epidemic of mass murder is sweeping across the eastern seaboard of the United States."

Zombiepedia
"Radio reports explain that a state of mass murder is sweeping across the East Coast of the United States."

Filmsite
"He flipped on the antique Zenith radio in the living room, and heard a reporter speak about the continuing crisis. [...] Eastern and Midwestern communities in the eastern third of the nation were affected, and citizens were encouraged to remain in their homes behind locked doors."
Pay attention to the report: if its "sweeping across the eastern seaboard of the United States," and as far as we know, the ZA occurred not long before the start of the film, yet less than 24 hours later, the report indicates the spread, what does that tell you? It was not "it was a much smaller situation" as stated earlier.

Does the eastern seaboard--imagine the size and estimated population--hit by the ZA sound like a "smaller situation" to you?
Old March 14 2014, 09:53 PM   #1813
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
How many die of brain injury--or incidents where the brain is damaged? Examples include suicide by firearm, high impact collision, a fall...? Of the 150,000, subtract deaths were reanimation is not possible.

I think those numbers would be a little harder to come up with. Particularly since the only damage that's supposed to prevent reanimation is severing of the brain stem. I wonder how easily you could isolate those in the statistics.

Although the show has also been fudging on that issue too. It seems to treat any headshot as sufficient to take down a walker no matter which part of the head it hits. But that's relatively minor and I just ignore it; I just assume that artistic license is at work and the injury is a little lower down than it appears.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 09:58 PM   #1814
Ryan8bit
Commodore

Those numbers would in actuality be pretty marginal. Car accidents make up about 2% of deaths, and suicide about 1%. Now of those in which the brain is injured is probably a good deal less. It's certainly not worth making a distinction for except to be extremely anal.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2014, 10:05 PM   #1815
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Please. For the love of god. Use it.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote