Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 11 2013, 04:45 PM   #1
Captain McBain
Captain

Location: Being congratulated on the bridge of the Enterprise after making captain
T-1000 vs. Odo

1. The T-1000 and Odo are transported by Q to Gothos to battle. No prep. Can either take down the other? (Trelane is present but doesn't interfere.)

2. Who would make a better spy?

3. Has Odo ever been shown to be affected by the environment in any way (such as Kirk being choked by the toxic air in "The Squire of Gothos")? Is there any hypothetical environment (real or imagined) which would affect Odo or the T-1000 (perhaps the Demon Planet from Voyager)?
Captain McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Re: T-1000 vs. Odo

1. I don't think either of them would engage in a straight fight because what would the point be really? If the T-1000 wanted to kill Odo he'd find a way. If he gets his hand on a phaser Odo's really done.

2. On modern day Earth they would come up even. In Star Trek's future probably Odo. The T-1000 is made of liquid metal. Surely the advanced sensors of the 24th Century would detect the T-1000 in a nanosecond.

3. They're both made of liquid. I imagine an ice planet or a lava planet would fuck them up pretty royally.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 05:36 PM   #3
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Odo's shapeshifting abilities are more advanced than the T-1000's, so I give him the edge. It's pretty difficult to fight against someone that can turn into a non-tangible form like fire or mist.

One problem that Odo would face is if the battle rages on for a long time. T-1000 could just wait him out and force Odo to make himself vulnerable while recharging if he had to.
Old May 11 2013, 06:30 PM   #4
publiusr
Commodore

The mirror universe Odo seemed to take full damage from a disruptor and was killed.

I can see an energy weapon's beam going through the T-1000. The hole would be slagged/melted into a cylinder of regular metal that the T-1000 would have to rid itself of, so multiple hits would reduce its mass.

Odo, being organic, dies from hydrostatic shock--which is no myth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrostatic_shock

On the same note (you will forgive the thread hijacking of course) I think a more interesting question is this:

Carpenter's Thing vs The Blob

The Thing (I assume) is a very advanced creature, with DNA even more complex than Species 8472. It wants to build organic matter up.

The Blob is very primative, has entropy on its side, and wants to break everything down.

The Thing, on the other hand, may see the Blob as simply a rich petri dish full of culture/nutrients.

Who absorbs whom?
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2013, 01:11 AM   #5
Captain McBain
Captain

Location: Being congratulated on the bridge of the Enterprise after making captain

[QUOTE=publiusr;8073022]The mirror universe Odo seemed to take full damage from a disruptor and was killed.

I can see an energy weapon's beam going through the T-1000. The hole would be slagged/melted into a cylinder of regular metal that the T-1000 would have to rid itself of, so multiple hits would reduce its mass.QUOTE]

It seems to me that the T-1000 would only lose mass if the phaser were set to vaporization levels. Otherwise, it'd just 'grow back' whatever metal had been shot through. In the movie, after all, it had been shot many times by the end, and yet it apparently had not suffered any loss of mass.
Old May 13 2013, 01:17 AM   #6
Bisz
Rear Admiral

Batman, if he had enough time to prepare.
Old May 13 2013, 07:40 AM   #7
Captain McBain
Captain

Why does everyone have to use the Batman line? It gets old after a while.
Old May 13 2013, 08:21 AM   #8
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
The T-1000 is made of liquid metal.
I do believe that's liquid meddle.

Also, great thread. Carry on.
Old May 13 2013, 11:48 AM   #9
Rowan Sjet
Commodore