Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old July 22 2013, 10:03 PM   #691
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: Starship Size Argument™ thread

No, the blue thing and the dome aren't the same, it's merely a funky bridge ceiling. You can see the dome in the bar scene I posted, they look nothing alike.

And if the domes at the top and bottom of the 16+ deck lobby aren't the top and bottom domes on the saucer, what are they supposed to be?
Old July 22 2013, 10:04 PM   #692
SeerSGB
Admiral

Killerprise wrote: View Post
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post

Yes it is under the dome, would you like me to upload the scene from the 2009 movie that shows the camera moving to outside of the bridge after the Enterprise arrives at vulcan?
You might want to look at that scene a little closer yourself. There is a similar shot in Into Darkness, seen here and again at the end of the movie:

An oval room at the front of deck 2, directly in front of the lobby, which rests under the dome.
Yeah this blue ring is directly under that dome. The atrium is somewhere else.

http://1-akamai.tapcdn.com/images/th...79-animate.jpg
Where did you get that nonsense?

Here's the bridge as seen in the movie

Last edited by M'Sharak; July 23 2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: hotlink
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 10:05 PM   #693
Killerprise
Lieutenant Junior Grade

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
You might want to look at that scene a little closer yourself. There is a similar shot in Into Darkness, seen here and again at the end of the movie:

An oval room at the front of deck 2, directly in front of the lobby, which rests under the dome.

It's the panoramic view from the Star Trek movie site for the 2009 movie.

Last edited by M'Sharak; July 23 2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: hotlink
Killerprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 10:06 PM   #694
Gonzo
Lieutenant

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=211333&page=46

Remember, the lobby has to fit in behind the bridge, as seen here. The bridge itself is not under the dome on this Enterprise, and it certainly does not fill the structure:

The two sets fit perfectly at 2380'/725m, as I've shown.

Yes it is under the dome, would you like me to upload the scene from the 2009 movie that shows the camera moving to outside of the bridge after the Enterprise arrives at vulcan?

Thanks King Daniel, the screenshot clearly shows that the bridge is not under the dome, also from the shot of Kirk on the communicator it looks like he is behind the bridge and one floor above judging by how close he is to the dome behind him.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 10:07 PM   #695
SeerSGB
Admiral

Except someone tricked in the wrong ceiling, as we can see from the movie cap. And here's the bridge from STID: No ring

Last edited by M'Sharak; July 23 2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: hotlink
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 10:08 PM   #696
Gonzo
Lieutenant

[hotlinked image removed - M']

That dome in the picture is not high enough to be the dome you see on the outside shot that King Daniel posted.

Last edited by M'Sharak; July 23 2013 at 01:02 AM.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 10:13 PM   #697
Admiral

Except someone tricked in the wrong ceiling, as we can see from the movie cap. And here's the bridge from STID: No ring
That huge blue "ceiling" is actually just the interior of the pod thing hanging down over the captain's chair in the pic you posted. The 360 panorama has distorted the hell out of it and made it look enourmous.
Old July 22 2013, 10:13 PM   #698
Killerprise
Lieutenant Junior Grade

It's from the movie's official site. Sorry Daniel you don't work for paramount so your technical drawings is purely a fan effort.
Old July 22 2013, 10:16 PM   #699
Killerprise
Lieutenant Junior Grade

That huge blue "ceiling" is actually just the interior of the pod thing hanging down over the captain's chair in the pic you posted. The 360 panorama has distorted the hell out of it and made it look enourmous.

I'll find the link to the panoramic view thats interactive, it's out there I've used it before.

http://www.startrekmovie.com/panoramas/bridge.html
Old July 22 2013, 10:17 PM   #700
Admiral

Thats a set diagram! From the makers of the movie. Didn't you click the link I gave you? There are no doors at the front of the bridge.
Old July 22 2013, 10:20 PM   #701
Admiral

Here's the link to the thread where I posted the set plan: http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=219844

Here is the site I got it from. Not a fan effort, the real deal: http://www.harryottodesign.com/gallery.html
Old July 22 2013, 10:20 PM   #702
Killerprise
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thats a set diagram! From the makers of the movie. Didn't you click the link I gave you? There are no doors at the front of the bridge.

I got confused, sue me. I'll download the picture and superimpose it to see if it fits the way I think it does.

Oh I know where the atrium window is!!!!!! It's under those windows behind the bridge. Although the floor plans are a bit vague since that would mean the rear corridor has a decline so that they can lead to the lower decks. I always wondered what was inside those windows that's in the same place as Refit 1701's conference room.

It seems the USS Vengeance may actually be larger than we thought. It's 2.5x the Enterprise's size in this graphic:
[ IMG]http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac330/KingDaniel01/vengeance_graphic.jpg[/ IMG]

And here's the ever-changing bridge window. It seems the taller, narrower veraion seen when the Enterprise is on the Klingon border and again at the very end correctly matches the window on the set (which has a definite height of 8', I guesstimated a width of 25'):
[ IMG]http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac330/KingDaniel01/bridge_window_change.jpg[/ IMG]
Forgive the shitty quality of the pics, they're from YouTube clips. Enterprise pic from www.cygnus-x1.net.
You took the youtube image from prometheus' video, lol I've watched those dozens of times, it's kind of funny how the nacelles look normal size from the front in that shot. That first person vs ship image was a joke, I remember seeing that for the first time and was like "hey the window isn't THAT small".

Has anyone else noticed that the floor plan diagram make it look like sickbay and the transporter room are at the same height with the bridge? They are both below the bridge in the saucer section just like in the original show and TNG. There has to be stairs that just aren't show in the diagram. It's also weird how when the neck and secondary hull got hit when Enterprise arrived at Vulcan that the sickbay exploded. I'm working on superimposing the diagram. This will take a while.

Check this image out from the blu-ray, 948' times two equals 1896'

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YENremF4m0...comparison.jpg

This was a pain in the ass, lol. As you can see the bridge size is about 99% spot on, I noticed where the bridge window was it's the blueish light slot in the front of the dome.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a510/SubaruBRZ/Enterprisetopwithbridge_zps781dea3e.jpg

Last edited by M'Sharak; July 23 2013 at 12:45 AM. Reason: to merge six consecutive posts by same poster
Killerprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 11:39 PM   #703
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

P.S. I came here to have fun and do some debating not get harassed so kindly back off and refrain from responding to every one of my posts like a stalker. I still can't believe I've attracted a stalker that fast.
So you want to be able to post misinformation without being challenged? You came to the wrong tavern.
Old July 22 2013, 11:42 PM   #704
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

I want Scotty to stare into the camera during the next film and say "This is a 700 meter-long starship, laddie."
Old July 22 2013, 11:46 PM   #705
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Gep Malakai wrote: View Post
I want Scotty to stare into the camera during the next film and say "This is a 700 meter-long starship, laddie."
It sure would solve much of the shit about the size.