Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread

Old April 28 2013, 01:53 PM   #1
MarsWeeps
Commander

SPOILER: JJ's 3rd Star Trek movie plot leaked!

Based on the spoilers that have been posted about Star Trek Into Darkness (if true) - I believe that this is the plot they are creating for the 3rd movie:

A huge Space Whale named Nomad comes to Earth looking for "The Decker" and fires a Genesis torpedo at Earth's moon which releases a God/Satan life form that's been imprisoned for millions of years.

Kirk and the Enterprise crew travel to Talos IV so that they can acquire the power of illusion to fool the God/Satan life form into thinking that the Space Whale Nomad is really its long lost wife named Stella.

It's soon discovered that "The Decker" who Space Whale Nomad is searching for, is a huge Tribble that the Space Whale slices up with a force beam and uses for food. The Decker pleads with Space Whale Nomad..."NO KILL I"

In order to save Earth, Kirk and crew now armed with the power of illusion, creates a huge space Amoeba which chases the Space Whale and the God/Satan life form to the edge of the Galaxy where Kirk then informs the God/Satan life form that Stella, under the guise of Nomad, has been cheating on him for thousands of years. A battle ensues where God/Satan and Nomad/Stella destroy each other.

The Decker gives birth to millions of tribbles on Earth's new transformed moon and soon the tribbles start tunneling everywhere, opening up new veins of Dilithium. Kirk and the Enterprise returns home to a hero's welcome. As the credits roll, Kirk looks up with silver glowing eyes and smiles.

Yep...that pretty much sums up the creative genius behind JJ Abrams, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, and Damon Lindelof.
Old April 28 2013, 01:58 PM   #2
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: SPOILER: JJ's 3rd Star Trek movie plot leaked!

The sad part is, I actually believe this. The aquatic animals in space, the fanwank, the tired old ideas being revisited. I can already see the Bad Robot logo and the lens flares.
Old April 28 2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

I'm skeptical. It's not ambitious enough. Too low-key for the finale of a trilogy.

ETA:
MarsWeeps wrote: View Post
Yep...that pretty much sums up the creative genius behind JJ Abrams, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, and Damon Lindelof.
I get the sarcastic point. But I'll say this: I thoroughly enjoy that crew's creative genius.
Old April 28 2013, 02:02 PM   #4
MarsWeeps
Commander

I forgot to add that Megan Fox plays Helen Noel, where she shows up in a bra and panties and screams.
Old April 28 2013, 02:03 PM   #5
The Wormhole
Admiral

Samuel Walters wrote: View Post
I'm skeptical. It's not ambitious enough. Too low-key for the finale of a trilogy.
Because Abrams and his minions are busy with Star Wars.

I forgot to add that Megan Fox plays Helen Noel, where she shows up in a bra and panties and screams.
So is Abrams actually directing this, or is he handing the reins over to Michael Bay?
Old April 28 2013, 02:07 PM   #6
MarsWeeps
Commander

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
So is Abrams actually directing this, or is he handing the reins over to Michael Bay?
I don't think Bay is "lens flare" qualified.
Old April 28 2013, 02:08 PM   #7
The Wormhole
Admiral

Is any director? Maybe the guy that did the Total Recall remake last year.
Old April 28 2013, 02:17 PM   #8
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

Heh in all seriousness, I think the director most qualified to direct Trek is ... Abrams. The first film had an energy and vitality that the franchise sorely needed. The new one looks like it's going to be great (though I'll reserve judgment until I get to see it). In fact, the guy is talented enough that I've no doubt that Star Wars will also be a great success.

Abrams is already a savior for one franchise. And he looks set to be so for another. Good on him!
Old April 28 2013, 02:33 PM   #9
MarsWeeps
Commander

Abrams is already a savior for one franchise.
While I liked what he tried to do with the first movie, and understood the need for a reboot so that he wasn't "locked in" to original canon, I thought the whole point of that was to create something NEW, not put a bunch of used plot ideas into a hat, shake it up and re-use whatever falls out.

I'm sure the movie will be decent for those who aren't Trek fans but it just irks me that there is no originality left in Hollywood these days. I'll still see the movie, will probably enjoy it but just end up wishing they would "explore new worlds and civilizations" instead of going where Star Trek has sort of gone before.
Old April 28 2013, 02:38 PM   #10
Xaios
Lieutenant Commander

The only Trek movies that went "where no man has gone before" in an exploratory sense were The Motion Picture and The Final Frontier.

...Yeah. I'll take JJ Trek over that, thank you very much.
Old April 28 2013, 03:00 PM   #11
MarsWeeps
Commander

Xaios wrote: View Post
The only Trek movies that went "where no man has gone before" in an exploratory sense were The Motion Picture
Huh? TMP, otherwise known as "Where Nomad Has Gone Before?" That just shows that Original Trek was running out of ideas with the very first movie.

and The Final Frontier.
I think that would have been a better movie if Shatner would have been allowed to make it like he wanted to although pulling an unknown half brother of Spock out of his rear was sort of contrived.

Yeah. I'll take JJ Trek over that, thank you very much.
I guess you are getting your wish.
Old April 28 2013, 03:01 PM   #12
horatio83
Commodore

Abrams is already a savior for one franchise.
While I liked what he tried to do with the first movie, and understood the need for a reboot so that he wasn't "locked in" to original canon, I thought the whole point of that was to create something NEW, not put a bunch of used plot ideas into a hat, shake it up and re-use whatever falls out.

I'm sure the movie will be decent for those who aren't Trek fans but it just irks me that there is no originality left in Hollywood these days. I'll still see the movie, will probably enjoy it but just end up wishing they would "explore new worlds and civilizations" instead of going where Star Trek has sort of gone before.
I understand where you are coming from and I am the first one to point that having three copies of TWOK in a row is pretty lame.
But the again originality is overrated IMO. I don't care about whether an idea is new or old but whether it is good. Let's take e.g. the four familiar species in ST09. The Romulans aka Tattoomulans and the Orion aka dumb green frat girl were a disgrace whereas the Vulcans were done well and the new take on the Klingons, although only visible in two cut-out scenes, was brilliant.
Old April 28 2013, 07:33 PM   #13
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

I thought the whole point of that was to create something NEW, not put a bunch of used plot ideas into a hat, shake it up and re-use whatever falls out.
Well hello, TMP!
Old April 28 2013, 07:47 PM   #14
The Keeper
Commodore

Clearly the 3rd film will be an early BORG encounter. It's the only bullet left in the chamber.

It's either that or they work to whip up something "original"
Old April 28 2013, 08:05 PM   #15
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

This thread consists of 100% recycled material. Mmmm, tasty!
Closed Thread