New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old August 20 2013, 01:34 AM   #766
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Re: Season FOUR OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Salinga wrote: View Post
It is funny, what kind of details you now can see, because of the HD: In "Data's Day", when Data is sitting in Troi's office to discuss his help for Keiko and O'Brien, during his sentence "I will not grow old", a fly is crossing the camera.
Here's another one. In "In Theory", the label on the door of Jenna's quarters reads "Ensign Jenna D'Sora" yet she's a lieutenant.
Old August 20 2013, 03:28 AM   #767
Trekker4747
Trekker4747

Evil Twin wrote: View Post
It is funny, what kind of details you now can see, because of the HD: In "Data's Day", when Data is sitting in Troi's office to discuss his help for Keiko and O'Brien, during his sentence "I will not grow old", a fly is crossing the camera.
Here's another one. In "In Theory", the label on the door of Jenna's quarters reads "Ensign Jenna D'Sora" yet she's a lieutenant.
Maybe it was a recent promotion and they haven't made her a new door tag yet? Maintenance is kind of lagging on that.
Old August 20 2013, 04:34 AM   #768
Tosk
Rear Admiral

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I think I know what I want in a new Star Trek movie, like Star Trek III from JJ Abrams. I want a real first contact with the Cardassians.
They kinda screwed any chance of that in ST11, with the reference to the Cardassian Sunrise.
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 05:08 AM   #769
Dukhat
Commodore

Tosk wrote: View Post
I think I know what I want in a new Star Trek movie, like Star Trek III from JJ Abrams. I want a real first contact with the Cardassians.
They kinda screwed any chance of that in ST11, with the reference to the Cardassian Sunrise.
Plus, the Vulcans already knew about the Cardassians at least as far back as ENT, since T'Pol stated that a Cardassian poet was living in exile on Vulcan.
Old August 20 2013, 06:40 AM   #770
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Dukhat wrote: View Post
Tosk wrote: View Post
Plus, the Vulcans already knew about the Cardassians at least as far back as ENT, since T'Pol stated that a Cardassian poet was living in exile on Vulcan.
We don't know that in this universe. I thought it was supposed to be an alternate universe.

As for the Cardassian sunrise thing, ok, so it doesn't need to be about first contact. It can just be a movie with the Cardassians, since not much was really done with them other than DS9.
Old August 20 2013, 01:44 PM   #771
Jeyl
Commodore

We don't know that in this universe. I thought it was supposed to be an alternate universe.
It is now, unless the high court retconned Ricardo Montalban out of the Prime Universe.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 01:47 PM   #772
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Alternate after the arrival of the Kelvin. Enterprise still holds.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 02:05 PM   #773
Aatrek
Rear Admiral

ATimson wrote: View Post
Alternate after the arrival of the Kelvin. Enterprise still holds.
Yep, this is correct - and we know it's accurate, since a model of the NX-01 appears in Into Darkness.
Aatrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 09:12 PM   #774
davejames
Vice Admiral

Been watching the S4 set, and I have to ask-- what's up with the blurry lights in some of the Enterprise shots? Even in the second part of BOBW done by CBS-D, there was one.

Is that just the way they appeared from S4 onward, or is it a compositing mistake? I have a hard time believing CBS-D would just overlook something so obvious that continually shows up like that.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 10:06 PM   #775
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

davejames wrote: View Post
Been watching the S4 set, and I have to ask-- what's up with the blurry lights in some of the Enterprise shots? Even in the second part of BOBW done by CBS-D, there was one.

Is that just the way they appeared from S4 onward, or is it a compositing mistake? I have a hard time believing CBS-D would just overlook something so obvious that continually shows up like that.
Could you be more specific? What do you mean by blurry lights? Windows? Deflector dish? Can you give a time code?
Old August 20 2013, 11:42 PM   #776
davejames
Vice Admiral

The window lights on the Enterprise. In certain shots they appear blurred for some reason. I thought maybe it was part of a warp effect (similar to how the windows appeared in the TOS movies), but it shows up now and then even when the ship is at impulse.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2013, 01:15 AM   #777
Salinga
Captain

I am sorry, but this is really disappointing, because this over-motionblurred shot of the 1701-D passing by appeared now in several episodes:

WTF!? How could anybody decide, that THIS is a correct shot and edit it in not only one but SEVERAL episodes??
Salinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2013, 01:23 AM   #778
dg1379
Commander

I noticed this in several episodes. It looks ok when the ship is at warp, imo. But at impulse, definitely not. Its not as bad as the inconsistent transporter effects though. Its like every episode had a new flavor of effect.
dg1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2013, 01:38 AM   #779
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

davejames wrote: View Post
The window lights on the Enterprise. In certain shots they appear blurred for some reason. I thought maybe it was part of a warp effect (similar to how the windows appeared in the TOS movies), but it shows up now and then even when the ship is at impulse.
I am sorry, but this is really disappointing, because this over-motionblurred shot of the 1701-D passing by appeared now in several episodes:

WTF!? How could anybody decide, that THIS is a correct shot and edit it in not only one but SEVERAL episodes??
This was already addressed back in July. The correct footage wasn't located (or certain passes couldn't be located) and a similar shot (the one above, seen on Locutus' viewscreen in BOBW) was substituted, but it was not the correct length, so the shot was timewarped resulting in the added motion blur.

Frankly I still prefer it to the CG version.
Old August 21 2013, 01:51 AM   #780
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
...but it was not the correct length, so the shot was timewarped resulting in the added motion blur.
Ah, so that's what caused it. I think this is one of the rare cases where CGI is preferable to cheating with a real model shot.
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote