Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 20 2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Kirkman1987
Commodore

Inframan

Has anyone seen this? It might be the greatest laugh riot B-movie I've ever seen. Seriously, this is as good as Death Wish 3 and Troll 2. The movie is almost nonstop action and is never boring.

I saw this on the big screen a month or so back and just watched it again on dvd. I have a friend who loves the film now, it actually made his day after he had just broken up with his girlfriend. Highly recommended.
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Re: Inframan

I always liked Ebert's review of this:
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/infra-man-1976
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2013, 07:46 PM   #3
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Princess Dragon Mom!

(Although the brainwashing scene still gave me chills, even at that age.)
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2013, 07:57 PM   #4
RAMA
Vice Admiral

It's a really stupid movie but also a lot of fun. The American dubbing is hilariously bad.

RAMA
Old April 21 2013, 02:09 PM   #5
Kai "the spy"
Commodore

Yeah, it's brilliant. It's a shame the Shaw Bros. only did this one Superhero movie.

But the Chinese (and other Asian countries) did some nice jobs using action and fx scenes from Japanese TV shows like Kamen Rider or Mach Baron to make their own movie versions and then selling those to European countries. We in Germany have some of those, especially "Roboter der Sterne" is a real joyride. But the German dub is an important part of it, since they obviously had some fun making up new dialogue.

"Fanwankery is what 21st century pop entertainment's all about."
cooleddie74

Kai "the spy" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 09:50 PM   #6
publiusr
Commodore

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I always liked Ebert's review of this:
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/infra-man-1976
I miss Ebert. He gave us My Dinner with Andre every week.

I remember Exo-man
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 01:28 PM   #7
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

I can remember seeing this in the theater back in 76, it was double billed with some car chase movie I can barely recall. The only scene I clearly remember from the car movie is a guy is going to jump a missing section of highway overpass and a guitar neck is stuck under the gas pedal so he doesnt make it.(any help with the title of that would be appreciated.)
Inframan on the other hand I enjoyed a whole lot and even have the DVD. Looks like that will get a rewatch very soon.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 01:48 PM   #8
Redfern
Commodore

The trailer narrated as it is, you can tell the distributors were hoping to to bring in some of the audience of "The Six Million Dollar Man". As a kid of 13 years, I assumed the makers of the films were trying to cash in on Steve Austin's popularity. It never occurred that was just a ploy by distributors (who had nothing to do with the making of the movie) trying to "sell" it to American movie goers. As a kid, I just couldn't figure how this was anything like 6MDM.

I didn't see it until this last decade when some friends bought it as a reduced price bin VHS. I was not yet familiar with "Mystery Science Theater 3000", but in retrospect, my friends and I "riffed" that flick to shreds! (I'm sure we were nowhere near as witty as Joel, Mike and the 'Bots, but I do know I laughed until I nearly puked!)

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote