RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,686
Posts: 5,430,543
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 404
Newest member: Old Man 51


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

View Poll Results: Grade the movie...
A+ 144 19.28%
A 161 21.55%
A- 101 13.52%
B+ 83 11.11%
B 58 7.76%
B- 27 3.61%
C+ 40 5.35%
C 38 5.09%
C- 25 3.35%
D+ 11 1.47%
D 13 1.74%
D- 10 1.34%
F 36 4.82%
Voters: 747. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 27 2013, 01:36 AM   #541
aeriolewinters
Lieutenant
 
aeriolewinters's Avatar
 
Location: Balanga, Bataan, Philippines
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

What if it changes those who receive it? Be interesting if it had nanites which began augmenting the recipient. That or specialized viruses.
He wakes up an old guy. Then they have to cure him again.
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 01:55 AM   #542
Captrek
Rear Admiral
 
Captrek's Avatar
 
Location: Second star to the right
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This conversation reminds me of Archie Bunker receiving a blood transfusion from a black person and waking up with darker skin courtesy of his practical joking son-in-law.
Captrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 02:46 AM   #543
Deck 1 - Bridge
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Torbay
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post
No, you implied piracy in regard of this particular film, and you know it.
It's actually explicitly clear that he did not, and if you'd reread carefully you'd see that. If he "accused" DalekJim of anything it's that he would not tell the truth.

3) Pay to go see the movie in theaters so you can know the details enough to argue about it despite promising you wouldn't go see it and that you would stay away from the discussions.

4) Never admit that you paid to see the movie, and instead proudly insist that you saw a bootleg of the film at a "friend's house" so that you can claim to argue from authority, brag about not paying, and still not feel guilty about stealing because it wasn't you, it was "a friend."
Digging in on this only compounds the silliness of the misunderstanding.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service is a great Bond movie, BTW.
I'm not digging in, I know what I read and I know what was implied, a bit of condoning followed by some backtracking by a couple of mods is what it is, that is, a small spat on a small forum on the big t'internet.

It's the reaction that is funny - 'how dare you answer back'

Who watches the watchers?

Onwards anyway.
Deck 1 - Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 02:50 AM   #544
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post
I'm not digging in, I know what I read and I know what was implied...
You're making yourself look silly either you have a major reading comprehension problem or you're being intentionally obtuse.
__________________
"I tell you what you all need, you need to take a thirteenth step, down off your high horse." - Hank Hill, King of the Hill
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 03:06 AM   #545
Xaios
Lieutenant Commander
 
Xaios's Avatar
 
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post
I'm not digging in, I know what I read and I know what was implied
BREAKING NEWS! I HAVE, HERE, IN MY HANDS, INCONTROVERTIBLE PROOF THAT DECK 1 IS TELLING THE TRUTH!!!

Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 03:10 AM   #546
Deck 1 - Bridge
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Torbay
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

BillJ wrote: View Post
Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post
I'm not digging in, I know what I read and I know what was implied...
You're making yourself look silly either you have a major reading comprehension problem or you're being intentionally obtuse.
And you're flaming which is against the rules, BillJ.

This isn't an issue about 'reading comprehension' as I've already stated, it's about what was implied and the FACT that the mod condoned it.

If anyone has a 'reading comprehension' problem.....
Deck 1 - Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 03:12 AM   #547
Deck 1 - Bridge
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Torbay
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Xaios wrote: View Post
Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post
I'm not digging in, I know what I read and I know what was implied
BREAKING NEWS! I HAVE, HERE, IN MY HANDS, INCONTROVERTIBLE PROOF THAT DECK 1 IS TELLING THE TRUTH!!!

That's really cool, you must be a ball to have dinner with, do you have dinner with anyone? Or is it a microwave meal and a night with Mrs Palm and her 5 children?

Kudos to you if you do, the jury is out however.
Deck 1 - Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 03:14 AM   #548
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral
 
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post
...it's about what was implied and the FACT that the mod condoned it.
No and no - and you can't successfully parse what was actually posted in such a way as to support your claim. All you can do is keep repeating that what you claim is so, is so until folks get bored.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 03:19 AM   #549
Deck 1 - Bridge
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Torbay
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post
...it's about what was implied and the FACT that the mod condoned it.
No and no - and you can't successfully parse what was actually posted in such a way as to support your claim. All you can do is keep repeating that what you claim is so, is so until folks get bored.
You trolled this entire thread by any conventional measure, presumably you get away with it because you have thousands of posts and the mods like you, and now you're trolling me.

May I be clear with you? Get a life you sad old man, I know what I think, I know what was implied and that's that, your incessant harranging of anyone who disgrees with you is dull. Please don't stick your beak in to my business again.
Deck 1 - Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 03:20 AM   #550
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post

And you're flaming which is against the rules, BillJ.
There's a little triangle button with an exclamation point inside of it. If you feel you're being trolled/flamed click it and it will notify a Moderator.


This isn't an issue about 'reading comprehension' as I've already stated, it's about what was implied and the FACT that the mod condoned it.
It really is a reading comprehension problem. Everyone here was well aware what Locutus' was talking about because it's spelled out pretty clearly in his post. No one here is responsible if you can't follow from 'A' to 'B' to 'C'.

Is English not your first language? That's the only way I can see someone so completely misinterpreting the post.
__________________
"I tell you what you all need, you need to take a thirteenth step, down off your high horse." - Hank Hill, King of the Hill

Last edited by BillJ; April 27 2013 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Listed wrong poster. Oops.
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 03:35 AM   #551
Lord Garth, FOI
Commander
 
Lord Garth, FOI's Avatar
 
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post
My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post
...it's about what was implied and the FACT that the mod condoned it.
No and no - and you can't successfully parse what was actually posted in such a way as to support your claim. All you can do is keep repeating that what you claim is so, is so until folks get bored.
You trolled this entire thread by any conventional measure, presumably you get away with it because you have thousands of posts and the mods like you, and now you're trolling me.

May I be clear with you? Get a life you sad old man, I know what I think, I know what was implied and that's that, your incessant harranging of anyone who disgrees with you is dull. Please don't stick your beak in to my business again.
He's not actually old brother
He's also a forum treasure
Lord Garth, FOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 03:40 AM   #552
Xaios
Lieutenant Commander
 
Xaios's Avatar
 
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post
That's really cool, you must be a ball to have dinner with, do you have dinner with anyone? Or is it a microwave meal and a night with Mrs Palm and her 5 children?

Kudos to you if you do, the jury is out however.
Wow. THAT's your comeback? A ridiculous ad hominem mixed with a tired masturbation joke?

There are no words to describe how sorry I am for you. The sad part is that you could end all of this by simply admitting you were wrong. It seems foolish pride, no matter how thoroughly it's proven to be misplaced, is a difficult thing to let go of.

I guess we all have to show some understanding, though. Just as Frasier once said, "It's just going to take a little while to climb down off of this particular high horse."
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 03:44 AM   #553
mattman8907
Lieutenant Commander
 
mattman8907's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

could you guys see Benedict Cumberbatch playing a jedi or New Republic agent in the star wars films?
mattman8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 03:45 AM   #554
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral
 
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Cumberbatch would fit into Star Wars well, yeah. Probably as...almost anything. Doesn't he have to be a SW villain, though, since he's a British dude and not named Obi Wan?
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 03:47 AM   #555
mattman8907
Lieutenant Commander
 
mattman8907's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

i personally see movies at the theater to have that quality feel. bucket of over priced and buttered popcorn, overpriced hot dog, and soda and a nice companion to go with. it's a fun time.
mattman8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
benedict cumberbatch, grading & discussion, jj abrams

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.