RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 145,442
Members: 25,786
Currently online: 539
Newest member: mekahut

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread

Old April 26 2015, 09:11 PM   #1
Dales
Lieutenant Commander

I would have loved Star Trek :Omega

Star Trek :Omega will have been a better fitting for the film than star trek beyond but I agree with what many people are saying about how star trek beyond is better than star trek into darkness.
Old April 26 2015, 09:26 PM   #2
Chemahkuu
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu
Re: I would have loved Star Trek :Omega

...what?
Old April 26 2015, 09:30 PM   #3
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
...what?
Meth is a hell of a drug.
Old April 26 2015, 09:31 PM   #4
YellowSubmarine
Rear Admiral

I know some will say The Omega Directive was a very bad piece of television, and it was, but what better reason to break the Prime Directive than randomly invoking Omega? Since the PD was invented to ruin episodes, can't we simply use OD to undo the damage? I can see it now, the Enterprise travels to the 19th century, they try to pretend they are locals... But then an Omega particle is detected... And Kirk is forced to tell his six 19th century girlfriends he's from the future, and that there are five others.

Wait, that's Captain Kirk we're talking about. He needs no excuse to break every rule in the book when it shall be done.

[plays Nibiru sequence]
Old April 26 2015, 09:40 PM   #5
Dales
Lieutenant Commander

BillJ wrote: View Post
Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
...what?
Meth is a hell of a drug.

No, I am not on drugs and I cant help but be offended. omega means...end but for me , not end as in end for destruction. end in the sense that its a beautiful closing to an era and I think the era of nu trek may close after the 3rd film because many of the actors haves said its a trilogy. Quinto seems eager to move on.

so omega will be a good name to say good bye to this wonderful cast of quinto , cho, pegg, eve, pine, saldana and urban who have been great.
Old April 26 2015, 09:41 PM   #6
Chemahkuu
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

It sounds like every terrible fanfic/fan film title fans have used over the years.
Old April 26 2015, 10:38 PM   #7
The Wormhole
Admiral

YellowSubmarine wrote: View Post
I know some will say The Omega Directive was a very bad piece of television, and it was,
Nah, it's not a bad episode. Granted, it left more unanswered questions than it did explanations.
Old April 26 2015, 11:20 PM   #8
YellowSubmarine
Rear Admiral

Maybe not that bad, but my script where the Omega particle caused time travelling Captain Janeway to hook up with Cadet Kirk in his Academy days was better.
Old April 26 2015, 11:48 PM   #9
Melakon
Admiral

Dales wrote: View Post
Star Trek :Omega will have been a better fitting for the film than star trek beyond but I agree with what many people are saying about how star trek beyond is better than star trek into darkness.
Incomprehensibility excels in this does.
Old April 27 2015, 12:07 AM   #10
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Dales wrote: View Post
There's no reason this could not have been posted in the existing STAR TREK BEYOND thread. There's no reason this needed to be posted as a separate thread. There's no topic to speak of; there's no indicated direction for discussion to go, and precious little to discuss anyway, because the whole thing is over and done with by the end of the subject line: "I wanted a different title," full stop.

This is yet another "blog entry posted as thread-starter," something from which you've been asked repeatedly to refrain. This forum is not your blog. It should come as no surprise to you, then, that this will earn you a warning for spamming.

Comments to PM. Thread closed.
Closed Thread