RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,620
Posts: 5,426,326
Members: 24,810
Currently online: 383
Newest member: 8 of 9

TrekToday headlines

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

September Loot Crate Features Trek Surprise
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

USS Enterprise Miniature Out For Refit
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Comic Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 19 2013, 01:05 PM   #121
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

If you are in or near Boston you are told to stay inside! That's a million plus people, stay where you are!
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 09:11 PM   #122
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral
 
Gryffindorian's Avatar
 
Location: Middle-earth
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

It sounds like all eyes are focused on this guy, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. I hope they get to him before he can off himself.
__________________
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
--Bilbo Baggins, LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
Gryffindorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 09:28 PM   #123
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

I hope he offs himself before dark or it will be a long night.
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 09:35 PM   #124
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

I don't see how D-bag is getting out of this alive. Either he shoots himself or the cops blast his bitch-ass.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 09:46 PM   #125
not
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
I hope he offs himself before dark or it will be a long night.
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
I don't see how D-bag is getting out of this alive. Either he shoots himself or the cops blast his bitch-ass.

Either way, he'll be joining his brother in hell soon...
Then the police will be only able to work backwards with information they already have or can gain from research. Questions will remain unanswered for officials and the families of the victims too.
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 09:53 PM   #126
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDiogenes's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

They will take him alive if they possibly can. But I have a feeling that he will not make it possible.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards!
RJDiogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 10:24 PM   #127
Ln X
Fleet Captain
 
Ln X's Avatar
 
Location: The great gig in the sky
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

And while everyone is glued to their TVs concerning the biggest manhunt of a patsy, it looks like the other suspects are long gone...

http://twitpic.com/ck9aez/full
__________________
Star Trek: The Approaching Shadow...

Caption contest: DS9
Ln X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 10:25 PM   #128
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

^ Riiiiiight.

Is there such a thing as a TRIPLE facepalm? Because I think we need one now.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 10:32 PM   #129
Data Holmes
Admiral
 
Data Holmes's Avatar
 
Location: In Exile
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

Ln X wrote: View Post
And while everyone is glued to their TVs concerning the biggest manhunt of a patsy, it looks like the other suspects are long gone...

http://twitpic.com/ck9aez/full
Wonder if they were doing private security work for someone or some group.
__________________
We first fought... in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change. -Serj Tankian
Data Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 10:41 PM   #130
Ln X
Fleet Captain
 
Ln X's Avatar
 
Location: The great gig in the sky
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
Ln X wrote: View Post
And while everyone is glued to their TVs concerning the biggest manhunt of a patsy, it looks like the other suspects are long gone...

http://twitpic.com/ck9aez/full
Wonder if they were doing private security work for someone or some group.
It is possible they were hired for additional security, on top of the thousands of police and hundreds of soldiers, and it is also possible such a private military contractor was hired for counter-terrorism reasons; but they would do little good (they had no visible guns, and if they were armed it would be concealed pistols) if these suspects had opened fire on the crowd. But given how at least several other explosives were found and the remnants of two pressures cookers, is it possible for our two chief suspects to carry all of that deadly luggage in a rucksack each, and a pressure cooker (filled with explosives) each?
__________________
Star Trek: The Approaching Shadow...

Caption contest: DS9
Ln X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 10:48 PM   #131
Data Holmes
Admiral
 
Data Holmes's Avatar
 
Location: In Exile
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

Ln X wrote: View Post
Data Holmes wrote: View Post
Ln X wrote: View Post
And while everyone is glued to their TVs concerning the biggest manhunt of a patsy, it looks like the other suspects are long gone...

http://twitpic.com/ck9aez/full
Wonder if they were doing private security work for someone or some group.
It is possible they were hired for additional security. But given how at least several other explosives were found and the remnants of two pressures cookers, is it possible for our two chief suspects to carry all of that deadly luggage in a rucksack each, and a pressure cooker (filled with explosives) each?
I highly doubt that PMC's would be used by the government to conduct a false flag operation. Too risky.


Now I could see a PMC group conducting their own false flag operation for several reasons, but I highly doubt they would have been so visible in the area if they were going to pull something like this. And the PMC's pictured in the link look to be conducting some type of survaliance operation, and appear to be caught off guard by the bombings and regrouped to determin what their response was going to be.

As for the two suspects, two bombs were placed at the marathon but I don't think anything beyond one more device was ever claimed to be found and even that report was conflicted... But we also know that their home was only a few miles away from the finish line so it isn't out of the question that they preplaced a device then went home and got more to continue to place.
__________________
We first fought... in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change. -Serj Tankian
Data Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 11:03 PM   #132
Ln X
Fleet Captain
 
Ln X's Avatar
 
Location: The great gig in the sky
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
I highly doubt that PMC's would be used by the government to conduct a false flag operation. Too risky.


Now I could see a PMC group conducting their own false flag operation for several reasons, but I highly doubt they would have been so visible in the area if they were going to pull something like this. And the PMC's pictured in the link look to be conducting some type of survaliance operation, and appear to be caught off guard by the bombings and regrouped to determin what their response was going to be.

As for the two suspects, two bombs were placed at the marathon but I don't think anything beyond one more device was ever claimed to be found and even that report was conflicted... But we also know that their home was only a few miles away from the finish line so it isn't out of the question that they preplaced a device then went home and got more to continue to place.
Oh yeah it would be risky, but they were part of security and nobody suspects the security or police. Plus if our two suspects were patsies then this PMC team could have been working together on a training mission for a potential terrorist attack, the PMC team might have done the actual terrorist attack and no would know about them aside from the CIA, so low accountability and two suspects ready-made for both the government, police and media to blame.

It's unclear what actually happened but this bears a striking resemblance to the suicide bombers of 7/7, the attack on London in 2005. Those four men were working for MI6 conducting training missions and simulations of a terrorist attack when they actually did the real thing...

It's all speculation and nothing substantive, but you have the discovered Facebook and Youtube pages of the two Boston bombers, the accounts of friends and family about how they are totally shocked by what has happened and how these two men seemed perfectly normal before the attacks. Again another striking resemblance to 7/7...
__________________
Star Trek: The Approaching Shadow...

Caption contest: DS9
Ln X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 11:11 PM   #133
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

Ln X wrote: View Post
suicide bombers of 7/7, the attack on London in 2005. Those four men were working for MI6 conducting training missions
No, actually, they weren't.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 11:13 PM   #134
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

not wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
I hope he offs himself before dark or it will be a long night.
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
I don't see how D-bag is getting out of this alive. Either he shoots himself or the cops blast his bitch-ass.

Either way, he'll be joining his brother in hell soon...
Then the police will be only able to work backwards with information they already have or can gain from research. Questions will remain unanswered for officials and the families of the victims too.

I don't care about why, I care that there is a crazy terrorist 50 miles east of me who could be coming by the Mass Pike with guns and bombs. Be dead is better than be free when it comes to this guy.

And the press conference is....
"We fucked up. We have no clue where the terrorist is, or how the fuck we missed hitting him last night. Our bad, go about your way." - Mass State Police

That makes me feel safe.
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 11:17 PM   #135
Data Holmes
Admiral
 
Data Holmes's Avatar
 
Location: In Exile
Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Ln X wrote: View Post
suicide bombers of 7/7, the attack on London in 2005. Those four men were working for MI6 conducting training missions
No, actually, they weren't.
A, that one was new to me.
__________________
We first fought... in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change. -Serj Tankian
Data Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.