RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,800
Posts: 5,325,923
Members: 24,550
Currently online: 586
Newest member: USS Vesta

TrekToday headlines

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 14 2013, 03:55 PM   #1
James T. Vader
Lieutenant
 
Actor's Tales

I just saw a clip on youtube of Nichelle telling the MLK "dont quit star trek story." Seems like every time I hear her tell it, it gets more detailed and more embellished. I'm waiting for the version next where MLK says "Don't leavee, because no one can run the duotronic subspace relay system the way you can."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSq_UIuxba8

Also, ever since the release of the TNG Bluray and the crew reunion, Gates McFadden has finally admitted to being fired because she was complaining about how sexist the show was. And then she came back a year later...

And we've heard the Patrick Stewart "We are not hear to HAVE FUN," story a bunch times now.

What are some of your favorite behind the scenes stories that are now coming out with the passing of the years or the ones, like Nichelles that are getting more and more embellished on each retelling.
James T. Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2013, 04:08 PM   #2
T'Girl
Vice Admiral
 
T'Girl's Avatar
 
Re: Actor's Tales

James T. Vader wrote: View Post
Gates McFadden has finally admitted to being fired because she was complaining about how sexist the show was.
My understanding is that Gates McFadden was being sexual harassed by a member of the production team, she complained to the executive producer, he didn't want to hear about it, and she was "let go."

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2013, 07:29 PM   #3
James T. Vader
Lieutenant
 
Re: Actor's Tales

T'Girl wrote: View Post
James T. Vader wrote: View Post
Gates McFadden has finally admitted to being fired because she was complaining about how sexist the show was.
My understanding is that Gates McFadden was being sexual harassed by a member of the production team, she complained to the executive producer, he didn't want to hear about it, and she was "let go."

NOPe, on the bluray and the Calgary convention, she admitted to complaining about the sexism on the show and they fired her. I had always heard Bob Justman was sexually harassing her too.
James T. Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2013, 07:39 PM   #4
Margaret
Ensign
 
Re: Actor's Tales

Don't you think we (the fans) are guilty of expecting the actors to re tell stories we've heard second hand. I was at the convention in London last October and Shatner was asked about the ' stolen bike' story. If we didn't want to hear these tales then the chorus would not regurgitate them ad infernitum. Not that I'm complaining but maybe no one should be surprised when the same stories keep doing the rounds
Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2013, 09:29 PM   #5
T'Girl
Vice Admiral
 
T'Girl's Avatar
 
Re: Actor's Tales

James T. Vader wrote: View Post
NOPe, on the bluray and the Calgary convention, she admitted to complaining about the sexism on the show and they fired her.
The thing there is, in the first season ... what sexism?

The only episode that stands out is Angel One, would they fire her for complaining about a single episode?

And Angel One was far more sexist towards men, than women.

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2013, 09:47 PM   #6
1001001
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!
 
1001001's Avatar
 
Location: People's Gaypublic of Drugafornia
Re: Actor's Tales

How about Code of Honor?

I spoke to Denise Crosby about that episode, which she said was "ridiculous".

I have heard Gates McFadden talk about how, despite being the "enlightened future", women were still relegated to "helping/nurturing roles" (doctor, therapist).

My favorite stories usually come from Marina Sirtis. She is so blunt. She told me a story about filming Nemesis. She said that in the turbolift mind-rape scene, Baird wanted Shinzon to tower over her, menacingly. He told her to take off her shoes, and had Hardy standing on a box. She said she told him that wouldn't look right, and he berated her for interfering with his direction.

So she took off her shoes, and lo and behold the shot was not framed correctly, so then Baird yelled at her to put her shoes back on. She said "that's what I said in the first place!" According to Sirtis, he stormed off the set at that point in a tantrum.
__________________
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 12:33 PM   #7
Trek Survivor
Captain
 
Location: UK
Re: Actor's Tales

James T. Vader wrote: View Post
T'Girl wrote: View Post
James T. Vader wrote: View Post
Gates McFadden has finally admitted to being fired because she was complaining about how sexist the show was.
My understanding is that Gates McFadden was being sexual harassed by a member of the production team, she complained to the executive producer, he didn't want to hear about it, and she was "let go."

NOPe, on the bluray and the Calgary convention, she admitted to complaining about the sexism on the show and they fired her. I had always heard Bob Justman was sexually harassing her too.
It was Maurice Hurley, not Bob Justman...?
__________________
Want an awesome read? Check out "Showdown: A Darker Evil Rising" on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Showdown-Darke...er+evil+rising
Trek Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.