CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old April 16 2013, 09:14 AM   #1
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile
CinemaCon extended preview

2 extended scenes were shown.

http://trekmovie.com/2013/04/16/exte...-at-cinemacon/

Plus some comments from the cast

Just hours after two bomb blasts provided a deadly conclusion to the Boston Marathon, principals from "Star Trek Into Darkness" were doing their jobs: putting on happy faces and plugging their big-budget film on the opening night of the annual movie-theater convention, CinemaCon.

"We were all on the way out here just talking (about how) it is hard to go and pimp your movie on a day like this, when the nation is sort of coming together," said one of the movie's writer-producers, Damon Lindelof.
"My cousin ran the Boston Marathon today. He finished half an hour before the explosions went off," he said. "So, I'm just relieved that he's OK. And I'm praying, and my thoughts are with the families of people that were injured or hurt in any way by this horrible thing."

Lindelof's longtime collaborator, "Star Trek" series writer-producer-director J.J. Abrams, stayed back in Los Angeles to work on the sound mix of the film.
But a number of film's actors made it to Sin City for the convention: Chris Pine (who plays Captain Kirk), Zachary Quinto (Spock), series newcomer Alice Eve (Dr. Carol Marcus) and John Cho (Sulu).

Like Lindelof, Cho had mixed feelings about hyping a movie on the same day as a national tragedy.
"This is part of the job for us," Cho explained. "(But) it was a weird feeling. I'm just going to say that. It's so sobering."
Perhaps one reason is that, like the Boston bombings, "Star Trek Into Darkness" is propelled by a terrorist. The story pits Kirk against John Harrison (portrayed by "Sherlock" actor Benedict Cumberbatch), a one-time top Starfleet agent, who threatens the survival of both Earth and Kirk's Enterprise crew. "Terrorism is a huge part of our lives," noted Pine, "and we all know the effects of that."

For Quinto, the Boston bombings struck even closer to home. He recently completed a theatrical production of "The Glass Menagerie" there.
"I mean, I just lived in Boston the last three months," Quinto said. "I was horrified. It's just unfathomable. It's an amazing city and I know it's stronger than one tragedy like this. But it is certainly enough to set everybody back in an unfortunate and profound way."
And another Enterprise banner from Cinemacon

Last edited by SalvorHardin; April 16 2013 at 01:59 PM.
SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 03:01 PM   #2
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile
Re: CinemaCon extended preview

Video from the presentation. Just interviews, no movie footage.

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote