RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,911
Posts: 5,478,021
Members: 25,052
Currently online: 491
Newest member: vova123

TrekToday headlines

New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 14 2013, 03:55 AM   #16
Rick Sternbach
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

Mytran wrote: View Post
Looks nice! I've always wondered, was a particular reason for the design of the "[] []" arrangement of windows around this section of the ship?
Sorry, not sure what your double brackets are meant to show; I didn't design the ship, so you'd need to ask Andy Probert about the window groupings. I don't recall anything that stands out as unusual or requiring clarification; perhaps a screengrab or diagram would help me see what you're looking at.

Rick
__________________
Senior Illustrator Emeritus
Star Trek 1978-2001
Rick Sternbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2013, 10:18 PM   #17
Mytran
Fleet Captain
 
Mytran's Avatar
 
Location: North Wales
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

Sorry, I meant these windows, below the shuttlebay:



The reason they struck me as odd is that there are three tiers of windows in the space of a single deck. No biggy, but still...
Mytran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2013, 10:44 PM   #18
publiusr
Commodore
 
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

Working on anything new Rick?
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 12:41 AM   #19
Rick Sternbach
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

Mytran wrote: View Post
Sorry, I meant these windows, below the shuttlebay:



The reason they struck me as odd is that there are three tiers of windows in the space of a single deck. No biggy, but still...
Those are the windows for the Arboretum, which folks have been grilling me about.

Rick
__________________
Senior Illustrator Emeritus
Star Trek 1978-2001
Rick Sternbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 12:44 AM   #20
Rick Sternbach
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

publiusr wrote: View Post
Working on anything new Rick?
Not at the moment; been trying to scare up some publication projects, but the approvals process is glacial at best. One TV production seemed to be interested and then blew me off after 3-4 meetings, so screw 'em. If anyone hears of an SF gig, you know where to find me.

Rick
__________________
Senior Illustrator Emeritus
Star Trek 1978-2001
Rick Sternbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 06:52 AM   #21
Kaiser
Rear Admiral
 
Kaiser's Avatar
 
Location: Boyertown, PA as of July 2011
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

Rick Sternbach wrote: View Post
Mytran wrote: View Post
Sorry, I meant these windows, below the shuttlebay:



The reason they struck me as odd is that there are three tiers of windows in the space of a single deck. No biggy, but still...
Those are the windows for the Arboretum, which folks have been grilling me about.

Rick
Huh all these years i thought those were tractor beam emitters
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/112860258811333/ For all your Sci-fi ship model and mini goodness 3DS Friend code: 0731-4800-6817
Kaiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 07:51 AM   #22
FreddyE
Commander
 
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

Rick Sternbach wrote: View Post


*Huff puff* Ah, made it. Yeah, I was heavily involved with a "part work" project for DeAgostini Japan, wherein subscribers would get, for plunking down something like $1500, 100 issues of tech data, crew facts, empty binders, blueprints, and ship model parts including a lighting kit. Hugely ambitious, but failed to take off, so to speak.
That´s interesting...because there was almost exactly something like (but no model parts) that here in Germany somewhen in the 90s / late 90s. Huge binders, monthly issues...beautiful fold outs. I used to buy them for a while back then...but I think they were either discontinued after a while or my local train station magazine store stopped having them...don´t remember. (back then most Star Trek Fan media was only available at those little train station shops for some reason)
FreddyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 01:40 PM   #23
Tosk
Rear Admiral
 
Tosk's Avatar
 
Location: On the run.
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

^The Star Trek Fact Files. They were available in the UK as well. I got 'em all, I'm almost embarrassed to admit.
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 03:39 PM   #24
The Librarian
Commodore
 
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

I've always loved the Sternbach drawings since I got them as a kid. There's a few things I disagree about with them, such as the relative sparcity of stairs and having too many turbolift runs, but the detail really is amazing. I'm actually working on a (rather less detailed) set myself based on them and the Whitefire set.
The Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 06:04 PM   #25
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore
 
Location: Southwest Georgia
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

Silly me, I thought those were guide lights for the shuttle pilot. There are two landing stripes above them...
__________________
Randy
--------------------
Project Potemkin
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 11:06 AM   #26
FalTorPan
Vice Admiral
 
FalTorPan's Avatar
 
Location: Out there... thataway.
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

Rick Sternbach wrote: View Post
And just to show you I'm not just blowing smoke, here's a grab of the back of Deck 7.

Very cool! I assume the rectangular doohickey just forward of the arboretum is the emergency turbolift connecting the main bridge and battle bridge?
__________________
Watch ASTRONUTS! Visit Trekplace! Check out my personal website!
FalTorPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 11:45 AM   #27
Ziz
Commodore
 
Ziz's Avatar
 
Location: NY
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

FalTorPan wrote: View Post
Rick Sternbach wrote: View Post
And just to show you I'm not just blowing smoke, here's a grab of the back of Deck 7.

Very cool! I assume the rectangular doohickey just forward of the arboretum is the emergency turbolift connecting the main bridge and battle bridge?
Nah, probably just a floor hatch to a Jeffries tube. The bridge/battle bridge is all the way at the center of the saucer. The arboretum is out near the edge.
__________________
Modular Models - Build your fleet YOUR way.
Ziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 01:47 PM   #28
Forbin
Admiral
 
Forbin's Avatar
 
Location: I said out, dammit!
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

But Ziz, the battle bridge is in the cobra-hood on the secondary hull. Roughly under arboretum.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 03:44 PM   #29
Albertese
Commodore
 
Albertese's Avatar
 
Location: Portland, OR
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

Forbin wrote: View Post
But Ziz, the battle bridge is in the cobra-hood on the secondary hull. Roughly under arboretum.
Yep.



--Alex
__________________
Check out my website: www.goldtoothstudio.squarespace.com
Albertese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2013, 12:21 AM   #30
Ziz
Commodore
 
Ziz's Avatar
 
Location: NY
Re: Sternbach blueprints question

Ugh...right...I'm not thinking.
__________________
Modular Models - Build your fleet YOUR way.
Ziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
blueprints, enterprise d, sternbach, whitefire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.