TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old April 23 2013, 02:29 AM   #76
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Re: final episode...

You don't need other languages to go to Europe, english is commonly spoken and tourists are catered to. As to the Spanish, maybe you could take a class now. I bet it would be a lot easier since you are living around the language.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 02:48 AM   #77
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

Still, I found it interesting that you first invite me to Australia, then when I mentioned relocating if winning the lottery, you push me off onto our friends of the Isles.

I keep thinking I need to get a Hispanic girlfriend as a motivation for learning Spanish again. But most of the ones I know are married and/or have kids. Oddly, my apartment complex has a lot of refugees from Nepal.
Old April 23 2013, 06:18 AM   #78
MacLeod
Admiral

Melakon wrote: View Post
Australians speak English, so that's somewhere I also consider since I'd adapt more easily I think. The only foreign country I've been to was Canada for a couple of weeks when I was 16 or so. If I did win a lottery, I'd probably relocate to another country just to see more of the world.
I'm sure quite a few of us might consider emmigrating if we won big on a Lottery, I mean I would consider it Canada, New Zealand or Australia do sound nice. But there is a difference between visting and living in another country. After all there is so much to consider, uprooting your family if you have one, leaving your friends/other family behind etc.. Are we moving because we thing the grass is greener?

teacake wrote: View Post
Well in that case the UK is the way to go since you can take a train to all of Europe !
That's assuming you don't mind rain 364/5 days of the year. Were a touch of snow brings the transportation network to a standstill and if the sun does manage to beat away the rain for a any length of time a hosepipe ban is put in place.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 06:44 AM   #79
T J
Commodore

Agreed it wasn't the ending ENT deserved.

I've met Marina Sirtis, she was lovely and very funny.
Old April 23 2013, 06:49 AM   #80
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

MacLeod wrote: View Post
Are we moving because we thing the grass is greener?
That was partly it originally. In 1980, I had been divorced a few years, was still in the dumps about it, and was convinced Ronald Reagan would destroy America, and this is from someone whose first vote went to Nixon. But I knew the family roots traced to England before 1776, but didn't learn of Devonshire as the departure point (around 1640) until 5 years ago. It would be interesting to see if I could go back any farther.

I had travel guides, imported road maps, etc., and wasn't sure where I wanted to settle if I moved there, but wanted to be outside of London. In the 80s I was favoring the Midlands.
Old April 23 2013, 07:56 AM   #81
teacake
Fleet Admiral

MacLeod wrote: View Post
Melakon wrote: View Post
Australians speak English, so that's somewhere I also consider since I'd adapt more easily I think. The only foreign country I've been to was Canada for a couple of weeks when I was 16 or so. If I did win a lottery, I'd probably relocate to another country just to see more of the world.
I'm sure quite a few of us might consider emmigrating if we won big on a Lottery, I mean I would consider it Canada, New Zealand or Australia do sound nice. But there is a difference between visting and living in another country. After all there is so much to consider, uprooting your family if you have one, leaving your friends/other family behind etc.. Are we moving because we thing the grass is greener?
It's very difficult for Americans to emigrate to Commonwealth countries. And many people don't adapt for lots of reasons. Australia and NZ can seem like country towns if you've lived in big cities in the US or with Europe at your doorstep.

Not to discourage you all. We just had the most glorious summer..

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old April 23 2013, 08:47 AM   #82
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

I have a big city address right now, but most of my life was usually outside the cities in suburbs. My teen years were in a town of 5000, near a city but considered the boondocks in the 1960s. It's currently 20000, and considered an outer suburb.

I like the convenience of being near a city, but I prefer smaller towns as my home base.
Old April 23 2013, 09:18 AM   #83
teacake
Fleet Admiral

I'm currently living in area people devote themselves to until they are dead. 90 year olds telling you the history of everything, people who pride themselves on never having lived outside of this area.

I am determined to escape.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old April 23 2013, 10:27 AM   #84
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

I'm at the age where I worry I could wind up in an old folks home where everyone has blue hair. But since I'm poor, that's probably not likely. I don't feel old, but the body keeps trying to tell me otherwise.
Old April 23 2013, 08:31 PM   #85
MacLeod
Admiral

I've lived most of more rural areas. Of course when I say rural I have three cities with 30 mins drive, and my nearest maor city is an hour way. So it's not exactly the outback.Not sure If I would like city life.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 12:39 AM   #86
HolidayRomantic
Phloxist moderator

This is so much more pleasant that the usual TATV rant thread.

...Perhaps because no one is talking about TATV.

This is one of those times when I don't really care if you get back on topic, tho.

*quietly tiptoeing out*
Old April 24 2013, 04:01 AM   #87
teacake
Fleet Admiral

TATV is a piece of poo.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old April 24 2013, 04:16 AM   #88
R. Star
Rear Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post
TATV is a piece of poo.
Stinky poo that even Porthos won't eat.
Old April 24 2013, 06:47 AM   #89
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

A stinky poo valentine to the fans.
Old April 24 2013, 09:33 AM   #90
teacake
Fleet Admiral

I'm thinking maybe TATV was actually a South Park ep but someone forgot to animate it.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne