RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,686
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 409
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old April 2 2013, 11:52 PM   #16
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

Re: Drexler?s Bring Enterprise To Netflix Campaign

I'd love to see this happen. Even if it just got a Farscape or Babylon 5 reunion type TV movie made.

Shared a link to the Facebook page at a few online places I regularly visit. I wish them all the best of it. But my fire for pushing my luck and going on & on about campaigns as long since gone out. All those Enterprise banners and videos showing what a fantasy Season 5 title sequence might look like, make me feel more than a little nostalgic, I'll admit.
Old April 3 2013, 02:51 AM   #17
xortex
Commodore

Unless Netflix picks up RHW 'untitled' thing or the next great space opera first then watch how fast CBS is going to scamble to put on some half assed anything, especially if Netflix is successful with something else out of GR's and BB's shadow. Who needs trek if you can have something better with spaceships that is hopeful and optomistic. IMO it's highly replaceble. Likely or not.
Old April 3 2013, 03:33 AM   #18
yenny
Captain

The campaign is to have everyone to watch Enterprise on Netflix, not for the 5th season shown on Netflix, but to be shown on one the Viacom networks, CBS, CW, Syfy or any networks that will take it.
But I doubt that they will start filming a fifth season. More likely,they will make a Enterprise movie, a mini series or start a new series, with a new ship, with a new crew, which take place in the same time period as the NX01.
Old April 3 2013, 05:38 AM   #19
yenny
Captain

They still could use Conner without setting the fifth season before the final episode. All they have to do, is to write it into the stroy that Trip had a twin brother.

A starship name Enterprise can be use after 2161. Remember that in first season of star trek, maybe the second season as well, the NCC-1701 was a United Earth ship, not a federation ship. It didn't come a federation ship until second or third season.
Old April 3 2013, 07:58 AM   #20
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post
Oh my God! Just enjoy the show for what it was. Not every single cancelled show needs a follow up. And has anyone thought about how ridiculous these people are going to look trying to pick up characters where they left off a decade ago?
This. I really liked Enterprise, but it's time is passed. If there is to be more live-action Trek series, I want something fresh. A recast continuation of JJ Abrams' movies would be the most logical - like what Stargate SG-1 was to the original Stargate movie.

yenny wrote: View Post
They still could use Conner without setting the fifth season before the final episode. All they have to do, is to write it into the stroy that Trip had a twin brother.

A starship name Enterprise can be use after 2161. Remember that in first season of star trek, maybe the second season as well, the NCC-1701 was a United Earth ship, not a federation ship. It didn't come a federation ship until second or third season.
The Enterprise NCC-1701 was "always" a Federation ship. They just hadn't finalized the terminology and backstory of the Trek universe at the time - see also "time warp drive", "materializer", "lasers" and "Vulcanian" in the earliest of TOS. Or "Bajora" instead of "Bajoran" in their earliest appearences in TNG.

Otherwise, it would be like the US Navy building the most advanced battleship they could - and then having it NOT represent the entire United States or the US Navy, but some much smaller government - like New York City, and flying the flag of a NY yachting club.

That said, the name Enterprise can be used after the founding of the Federarion, no trouble. ENT was never shy about modifying continuity to suit it's stories.
Old April 3 2013, 01:41 PM   #21
Pingfah
Admiral

yenny wrote: View Post
The campaign is to have everyone to watch Enterprise on Netflix, not for the 5th season shown on Netflix, but to be shown on one the Viacom networks, CBS, CW, Syfy or any networks that will take it.
But I doubt that they will start filming a fifth season. More likely,they will make a Enterprise movie, a mini series or start a new series, with a new ship, with a new crew, which take place in the same time period as the NX01.
Even more likely, in fact almost certain, is that they won't do any of those things at all.
Old April 3 2013, 03:34 PM   #22
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

I'm all in favor of this, but bear in mind that Netflix is not the organization that needs to be convinced - and the effort so far is aimed at Netflix.
Old April 3 2013, 04:22 PM   #23
Patrick O'Brien
Captain

^I love the idea too. But we need CBS to make it happen. I for one will be watching the series on Netflix to help out
Old April 3 2013, 06:56 PM   #24
billcosby
Commodore

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
I'm all in favor of this, but bear in mind that Netflix is not the organization that needs to be convinced - and the effort so far is aimed at Netflix.
Exactly. I'm sure Netflix would bend over backwards to have this exclusive content.
Good luck with convincing CBS, the license owners! That's the real pipe dream.

Old April 3 2013, 08:57 PM   #25
RAMA
Vice Admiral

I'd be ok if they did one or two netflix movies.

RAMA
Old April 3 2013, 09:15 PM   #26
xortex
Commodore

With a new cast. Drexler already made the ship look much better sans the Berman blanket. Hopefully inside will get an update too and get bigger with more light. I hate the Meyer's submarine gritty grid approach as well as the no toggle switches Okudas and Sternbach's approach. I even got him to agree to that but Berman was putting the whammy on everything and hamstringing everybody including and especially the writers until he became one himself to our chagrin, and stopped the open submissions policy and hired the fat lady clown, Manny Coto to end it all. I guess when Brannon saw him, he knew it was all over. It was two mediocre faceless showrunner against one. I once wrote a letter to Braga how I could have improved some of the episodes that Berman was involved with and someone called me, I think it was him, and agreed with me, but told me that Rick had a very fragile ego that shouldn't be broken. Of course Brannon was so far up his ass by that time that it didn't matter. They were virtually the same person twenty years apart. Unfortunate.

Last edited by xortex; April 4 2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old April 4 2013, 01:47 AM   #27
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Uh...oh-kay...
Old April 4 2013, 02:37 AM   #28
xortex
Commodore

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Uh...oh-kay...

No. It isn't.
Old April 4 2013, 02:56 AM   #29
degra
Fleet Captain

I would love ent back just so long they keep Abrams away from it. He is such an overrated hack. Ent may have had issues but looking back star trek is 99% better than most tv in the last decade esp sff that has been utter crap. Revolution, invasion, caprica, Alcatraz, zero hour, last resort, daybreak, surface, the river, Grimm, shu, sga, bionic woman 2.0 etc.
Old April 4 2013, 08:54 AM   #30
secretreeve
Lieutenant Junior Grade

degra wrote: View Post
I would love ent back just so long they keep Abrams away from it. He is such an overrated hack. Ent may have had issues but looking back star trek is 99% better than most tv in the last decade esp sff that has been utter crap. Revolution, invasion, caprica, Alcatraz, zero hour, last resort, daybreak, surface, the river, Grimm, shu, sga, bionic woman 2.0 etc.
bold = how dare you

italic = wtf is that?

underlined = havent seen

although i'm REALLY enjoying falling skies at the moment. loving the skitters

+1 for ent return though

youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MrReeve1987?feature=mhee
Closed Thread