Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old May 19 2013, 04:13 PM   #16
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Re: What are your thoughts on Gary Whitta's "Origins of the Borg" scri

lennier1 wrote: View Post
TUVOK
Transporting aboard would be inadvisable, Commander. The capsule is in a primitive form of cryogenic stasis - the interior cabin temperature is approximately minus six hundred degrees Celsius.
Maybe those are new celsius, they could have changed the scale along with the warp factors.

Or maybe it's someone writing stuff without doing even basic research and is just throwing scientific terms in to sound smart like "It will take us 3 lightyears to get there".
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2013, 05:25 PM   #17
lennier1
Commodore

Takeru wrote: View Post
TUVOK
Transporting aboard would be inadvisable, Commander. The capsule is in a primitive form of cryogenic stasis - the interior cabin temperature is approximately minus six hundred degrees Celsius.
Maybe those are new celsius, they could have changed the scale along with the warp factors.

Or maybe it's someone writing stuff without doing even basic research and is just throwing scientific terms in to sound smart like "It will take us 3 lightyears to get there".
How many parsecs does Voyager need for the Kessel Run?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2013, 05:33 PM   #18
MacLeod
Admiral

Well perhaps parsec means something different in the SW universe.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2013, 10:45 PM   #19
xBiophagex
Ensign

Didn't like it at all. Dialogue seems forced and corny- something that Voyager did not need more of.
xBiophagex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 11:31 AM   #20
MrPointy
Commander

I remember reading this about 10 years ago, when it floating around the web as a .txt file. It was evocative, but not really something I'd like to see filmed.
Old June 10 2013, 11:34 AM   #21
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

TUVOK
Maybe a cold fusion bomb did it.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 05:10 PM   #22
lennier1
Commodore

Shazam! wrote: View Post
TUVOK
Maybe a cold fusion bomb did it.
Don't even get me started ...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2013, 03:33 AM   #23
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

You have to love Gary's response in the comments at screened.com:

It was written as a spec many years ago when I was trying to break into screenwriting. Back in the day Star Trek used to be one of the only shows on TV that accepted unsolicited submissions from writers; a couple of writers who submitted spec scripts went on to have pretty good careers on Trek staff. But my timing sucked; shortly after the script was done I found out that Voyager's next season was to be its last and they already had all the ideas they needed to wind the show down. I doubt it would have been accepted anyway as the powers that be tend not to like it when outside writers take it upon themselves to define large parts of the mythology; something as big as the origin of the Borg would surely have been decided internally rather than letting some random outsider suggest it. Also I refused to put Neelix in the script as I fucking hate him.
Old June 14 2013, 04:36 AM   #24
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

I think that is just awful. Neelix is a valued adopted member of the crew who was truly useful in the beginning in his role of telling Janeway certain people were probably bad. Later when they were out of the space that Neelix knew all about he was also very useful as the cook which freed up whoever else would have ended up doing it to continue doing stuff important with the ship. And he took his position as morale officer very seriously something most of the others seemed to think they were too professional to bother with.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote