Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 3 2013, 06:49 PM   #16
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Re: The Sliders Kickstarter campaign

I still found some stuff to enjoy about it, even after all the originals but Remington left, but, it really did become quite a mess. I'd rather see a full reboot starting over and avoid the mistakes, rather then see it continued as it was.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 03:55 AM   #17
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
In December of 1996, a certain Fox employee gained a promotion to become an upper level Fox Executive. In fact, he was given control of a large segment of Fox programming including Sliders. This Fox employee had hosted a Fox party a couple of years before (when Sliders was first beginning), and John was there. Allegedly a very drunk John who targeted and quite thoroughly humiliated that Fox employee.
John Rhys-Davies, drunk and reading the telephone directory, would still be off the charts as per sheer awesomeness.
Old April 4 2013, 04:35 AM   #18
Harvey
Admiral

I stopped watching the series after Arturo died. It wasn't even intentional -- my interest just evaporated and I eventually sold the third season DVD (although I kept the first two seasons).

It's a good property for a reboot, actually. It had a core concept that was interesting, but rarely exploited (and television has come a long way since the mid-1990s). It would be a good fit for the SyFy Channel today, perhaps even more so now than when they picked it up for two final seasons.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2013, 06:23 AM   #19
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
In December of 1996, a certain Fox employee gained a promotion to become an upper level Fox Executive. In fact, he was given control of a large segment of Fox programming including Sliders. This Fox employee had hosted a Fox party a couple of years before (when Sliders was first beginning), and John was there. Allegedly a very drunk John who targeted and quite thoroughly humiliated that Fox employee.
John Rhys-Davies, drunk and reading the telephone directory, would still be off the charts as per sheer awesomeness.

So, SO very true.

Harvey wrote: View Post
I stopped watching the series after Arturo died. It wasn't even intentional -- my interest just evaporated and I eventually sold the third season DVD (although I kept the first two seasons).

It's a good property for a reboot, actually. It had a core concept that was interesting, but rarely exploited (and television has come a long way since the mid-1990s). It would be a good fit for the SyFy Channel today, perhaps even more so now than when they picked it up for two final seasons.
I tried to watch it after they killed of Arturo, but it was so painfully uninteresting. I would check in from time to time but by the time the lame brother showed up, I was done. For me, No Professor? No Sliders.
Old April 4 2013, 06:46 AM   #20
Dream
Admiral

What are you guys talking about? Arturo Prime still lives in an alternate universe!
Old April 4 2013, 05:33 PM   #21
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Harvey wrote: View Post

It's also so easy to start over again. All you have to do is say that this is a new group of people from Earth Prime, and say that the Kromags didn't invade, or they got the Earth wrong. There is endless ways to bring a new story and not have a full reboot.

Plus it's Earth based, can be filmed cheaply in Canada, not a lot of special effects needs like space operas.
Old April 4 2013, 08:26 PM   #22
sojourner
Vice Admiral

I wish the season one subplot had been carried through of the government enlisting Quinn's classmate to figure out the machine.
Old April 5 2013, 05:25 AM   #23
FreezeC77
Commodore

Dream wrote: View Post
What are you guys talking about? Arturo Prime still lives in an alternate universe!
Exactly. I believe the show's creator Tracy Torme said that was always the intention, but then he left the show at the end of that season so it was never brought up again.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 12:18 AM   #24
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I'm watching a Kathy Giffen special and she just said Cromag rather than Cro-Magnon, and although there's a good chance she was abbrieviating... There's also a chance that this little ginger could be a closet Sliders fan from way back!

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 12:30 AM   #25
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Dream wrote: View Post
Are there any clues in future episodes which might support that theory?
Old April 6 2013, 01:19 AM   #26
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Theory?

If you could read Body language THEN as well as you can NOW... It was pretty fricking blatant.

Behind the camera from the later seasons of Sliders was a mess of incompetence and apathy.

It was never picked up again.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; April 6 2013 at 09:52 PM.
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 06:25 PM   #27
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Yeah, look at the first Cromag episode, one of the Sliders had a chip to track them and season 3 was supposed to increase the Cromag threat slowly. Instead of that we got movie knockoffs and a mess of a stupid storyline. Then it changed networks and Sci-fi wanted more Cromags but there was no followthrough on the show because of the off screen.

Just think if we got a real season 3 with the whole cast for 26 episodes, then it moved to sci-fi with everyone still alive. Would have been great.