Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 29 2013, 12:21 AM   #136
propita
Rear Admiral

Re: Orphan Black kept my Attention.

So it's only Sarah and Heena who are fully genetically identical.

I am loving Felix! I like Mrs. S' willingness to "burn it all down" if need be, and that she and Sarah are untied in their caring for Kira.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2013, 12:30 AM   #137
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The twinning probably means that one of them has different fingerprints.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2013, 09:20 PM   #138
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Orphan Black Season Finale Tonight. I can't Freaking Wait.

I don't know the last time I was this excited for a first season finale of a show.

I've been saying Maslany deserves an emmy nomination for this show, but I would absolutely love it if she got TWO Emmy nominations in both Best Actress and Supporting Actress. That would be so cool.
Old June 1 2013, 11:20 PM   #139
sojourner
Admiral

Guessing that the woman we only see the silhouette of that Leeky was talking to on the phone is another clone. At least to me it looked like Sarah's physique.

I think that DNA sequence is also more than a marker. It's probably the actual experiment. Cloning is the control, splicing in different patches of DNA in the same spot is what they are watching for different results.
Old June 2 2013, 12:03 AM   #140
Worf2DS9
Writer

sojourner wrote: View Post
Guessing that the woman we only see the silhouette of that Leeky was talking to on the phone is another clone. At least to me it looked like Sarah's physique.
I had actually thought her reflection in the window didn't look much like Maslany, though I suppose they could have distorted the reflection a bit so it wouldn't be too obvious. But would it be too much of a stretch if the mystery woman was also one of the clones? Regardless, I'm really looking forward to the finale!
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 01:54 AM   #141
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I've been saying Maslany deserves an emmy nomination for this show, but I would absolutely love it if she got TWO Emmy nominations in both Best Actress and Supporting Actress. That would be so cool.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Getting the best actress nod will be difficult enough...

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 01:55 AM   #142
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

Admiral2 wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath. Getting the best actress nod will be difficult enough...
I know but I can dream.
Old June 2 2013, 03:01 AM   #143
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Another good one, but a strange ending.

And we have to wait nearly a year for S2.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 03:04 AM   #144
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I thought that Helena was going to bring the whole house down when she was trying to get free, causing Sarah to get avoid arrest and get away.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 03:06 AM   #145
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
Another good one, but a strange ending.

And we have to wait nearly a year for S2.
I honestly wasn't as affected by the cliffhanger ending as I thought it would be. In a way, I'm not sure I care about what happens to Kira, and I think Sarah is going to get her back. My main excitement is that it felt like this season wrapped up perfectly and we're now heading into Phase 2. I got the sense that the person Rachael was talking to was Mrs. S, and that she took Kira.

Everything else about this episode rocked though. The scenes between Helena and Sarah were amazing, and I knew one of the clones would be killed off. I thought it was going to be Allison though, so I was happy that wasn't the case. Really looking forward to season 2. Now we've got ethical questions that are worth exploring. It's almost like I expect Season 2 to be a long season of TNG's Measure of a Man, Property vs. Freedom. That is something I'm looking forward to, especially since this is Orphan Black and the writing as been awesome.
Old June 2 2013, 03:11 AM   #146
jayceee
Commander

Seemed like this finale episode was partially "cleaning the slate" for the next season. (ie. The annoying neighbor, birth mother, Helena, etc ... appearing to be killed off).
jayceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 04:04 AM   #147
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

^ Yes "appearing". I wouldn't be surprised to see Helena again.

I'm assuming Mrs. S isn't aware Amelia had info on her, so she probably trashed her own house to make it "look good".
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 04:09 AM   #148
Aldo
Admiral

I never thought for a second that the blonde annoying neighbor was Allison's monitor. She was so convinced that it was I knew it was a red herring and it was going to be the husband all along.

I'm extremely disappointed that Helena was killed off (yes I realize that may not be the case, but for now I will assume she is) as she was my favorite Tatiana character besides Sarah. I am intrigued about this Rachel character though, it seems we exchanged one evil clone for another, will be interesting to see what her story is next season.

I remembered something that Guy said weeks ago, and almost thought that Helena would kill of Sarah in tonight's episode, then next season we'd be following another clone. That would be bold storytelling right there. But it won't happen as this really is Sarah's story.
Old June 2 2013, 06:11 AM   #149
sojourner
Admiral

Good finale.

The patent stuff is sort of silly. I'd like to see them make that hold up in court.

"Yes your honor, these women are clearly our property to do with as we please"

"Property? really? You do realize the emancipation proclamation was signed nearly 150 years ago?"

"Yes your honor, but that only applies to humans. These are clones and clearly not human"

"All right. Prove to this court that a clone is also not a human."

"umm"
Old June 2 2013, 09:43 AM   #150
FreezeC77
Commodore

Yea the whole property thing didn't really make me go 'wow!'. Cloning is against the law so to go public and try to claim a person(which is ridiculous) would be claiming something illegal so that wouldn't work either.

I kind of expected bigger things in the finale. Ever since I saw the interview with the actor who plays Felix and released he was faking an accent for the show I've been expecting that he would play the male version of the clones. When the picture of Mrs. S having been a scientist involved with the clones I thought the next reveal was going to be she took a male and female clone with her.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote