RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,364
Posts: 5,355,998
Members: 24,625
Currently online: 639
Newest member: 3d gird

TrekToday headlines

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old April 2 2013, 08:12 PM   #136
Flux Capacitor
Rear Admiral
 
Flux Capacitor's Avatar
 
Location: SPACESHIP!
Send a message via AIM to Flux Capacitor
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

Yes, I love how I'm somehow now in the same league as the racist Vulcan hair critic...
Flux Capacitor is offline  
Old April 2 2013, 08:19 PM   #137
Avon
Fleet Captain
 
Avon's Avatar
 
Location: Space Wales
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

no you're not.

but you have blown it up from disagreement to persecution in your mind.
__________________

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is offline  
Old April 2 2013, 08:19 PM   #138
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME
 
Squiggy's Avatar
 
Location: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

Flux Capacitor wrote: View Post
There's being objective and giving your opinion, and then there's being objective, giving your opinion in a sarcastic, smarmy, assholish way.
Like how some people secretly tape other people driving and then give their opinions on the matter in a sarcastic, smarmy, or assholish way?

Yeah. I hate those bitches.

Flux Capacitor wrote: View Post
Yes, I asked for feedback, but what I didn't ask for was people to come at me personally, starting posts in other parts of the board talking shit as if I can't read it, telling me I should be ashamed of what I've done and generally painting me as a bad person for posting some 10-15 second videos of YouTube.
The theme of those "OTHER PARTS OF THE BOARD" is if you can't stand the heat, stay out of there. It's like a kitchen, but maddeningly devoid of women.

Guess what! Not everyone on the internet is going to like you, especially in a forum on THE OTHER PART OF THE BOARD that is pretty much populated by opinionated assholes who hate everyone. Put on your big boy pants and accept it. We'll all be better for it. Or, leave us alone.
__________________
ENOUGH OF THIS TURGID BASH WANKERY!
Squiggy is offline  
Old April 2 2013, 08:20 PM   #139
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'
 
Locutus of Bored's Avatar
 
Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

Flux Capacitor wrote: View Post
There's being objective and giving your opinion, and then there's being objective, giving your opinion in a sarcastic, smarmy, assholish way. If you want to give someone your opinion and feedback, being an asshole about it generally makes the recipient much less conducive to said feedback than had you come at them from a more constructive and neutral angle. And I'm not talking about one specific person here, that goes for about 99% of the people in this thread.

Yes, I asked for feedback, but what I didn't ask for was people to come at me personally, starting posts in other parts of the board talking shit as if I can't read it, telling me I should be ashamed of what I've done and generally painting me as a bad person for posting some 10-15 second videos of YouTube. If that's the way people here go about imparting their wisdom and advice to people outside of the Internet, I'm guessing that advice and wisdom isn't heeded too often. I can't imagine how you'd keep many friends that way.
Everyone's aware that you can see the posts on the other part of the board, since you have posted there in the past and again just a few days ago. Don't try and portray it as people talking behind your back. They have no problem saying those things directly to you, and in fact have said as much in this thread.

People were offering you criticism of the videos themselves without personal comments, and you didn't like that either. It's pretty much standard operating procedure for you. You start a thread, expecting everyone to pat you on the back, and then get pissed when the thread doesn't go the way you expect it to. Lather, rinse, repeat.

You get what you give. If you're getting smarmy, sarcastic, assholish remarks, maybe that's because that's how you come off to a lot of people.
__________________
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline  
Old April 2 2013, 08:29 PM   #140
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'
 
Locutus of Bored's Avatar
 
Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
And just because someone is digging doesn't mean you have to pick up dirt and toss it at them, now does it?

But there's an entire thread in the Forum That Shalt Not Be Named (Z) dedicated to ridiculing people behind their backs, like the Cool Kids Table in a high-school lunch room. Which, sure, is all fine and good for people who're regular problems, trouble makers, or sure regularly the antagonist in situations, but here? Here we've got a guy simply posting videos of traffic annoyances.

So, hey, let's pounce on him the same we pounce on people going into every Trek '09 and '13 thread making complaints about minor things or it not measuring up to TOS.

Don't like Flux's videos or his motivations for posting them on You Tube? Fine. Established. You've made your point, now stop trying to string his underwear up the flagpole and move on.
I might be able to take this more seriously if it wasn't coming from one of the most judgmental people I've ever had to interact with. You are incapable of going five minutes without complaining about something completely innocuous, judging someone for the most superficial and pointless reasons imaginable, and being needlessly insulting.

And since you two seem to have decided to make this about TNZ I will remind you of the rules about what happens in TNZ stays in TNZ. Just because you don't like the way this thread is going doesn't mean you get to throw a grenade to create a distraction. People were reacting negatively to the tone of this thread without TNZ's involvement, and have done so with Flux's previous threads and yours on account of your attitudes, so quit making excuses.
__________________
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline  
Old April 2 2013, 08:32 PM   #141
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME
 
Squiggy's Avatar
 
Location: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

junxon wrote: View Post
i agree with flux, that Squiggy has the immortal psychic power of judging the objectivity of families throughout the entirety of time and space, and has singled out one family from many millions, that specifically have no sense of judgement whatsoever. and is now taunting them via the internet. heed this warning, for we are watched!
You're a disappointment to your father and your mother needs to run some errands.
__________________
ENOUGH OF THIS TURGID BASH WANKERY!
Squiggy is offline  
Old April 2 2013, 08:37 PM   #142
Avon
Fleet Captain
 
Avon's Avatar
 
Location: Space Wales
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

at this time of day? don't be foolish! they're both setting up a sex swing in the underwater sauna :P
__________________

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is offline  
Old April 2 2013, 08:58 PM   #143
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
And just because someone is digging doesn't mean you have to pick up dirt and toss it at them, now does it?

But there's an entire thread in the Forum That Shalt Not Be Named (Z) dedicated to ridiculing people behind their backs, like the Cool Kids Table in a high-school lunch room. Which, sure, is all fine and good for people who're regular problems, trouble makers, or sure regularly the antagonist in situations, but here? Here we've got a guy simply posting videos of traffic annoyances.

So, hey, let's pounce on him the same we pounce on people going into every Trek '09 and '13 thread making complaints about minor things or it not measuring up to TOS.

Don't like Flux's videos or his motivations for posting them on You Tube? Fine. Established. You've made your point, now stop trying to string his underwear up the flagpole and move on.
I might be able to take this more seriously if it wasn't coming from one of the most judgmental people I've ever had to interact with. You are incapable of going five minutes without complaining about something completely innocuous, judging someone for the most superficial and pointless reasons imaginable, and being needlessly insulting.

And since you two seem to have decided to make this about TNZ I will remind you of the rules about what happens in TNZ stays in TNZ. Just because you don't like the way this thread is going doesn't mean you get to throw a grenade to create a distraction. People were reacting negatively to the tone of this thread without TNZ's involvement, and have done so with Flux's previous threads and yours on account of your attitudes, so quit making excuses.
You're black too.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline  
Old April 2 2013, 09:04 PM   #144
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef
 
Robert Maxwell's Avatar
 
Location: Right behind you!
View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
And just because someone is digging doesn't mean you have to pick up dirt and toss it at them, now does it?

But there's an entire thread in the Forum That Shalt Not Be Named (Z) dedicated to ridiculing people behind their backs, like the Cool Kids Table in a high-school lunch room. Which, sure, is all fine and good for people who're regular problems, trouble makers, or sure regularly the antagonist in situations, but here? Here we've got a guy simply posting videos of traffic annoyances.

So, hey, let's pounce on him the same we pounce on people going into every Trek '09 and '13 thread making complaints about minor things or it not measuring up to TOS.

Don't like Flux's videos or his motivations for posting them on You Tube? Fine. Established. You've made your point, now stop trying to string his underwear up the flagpole and move on.
I might be able to take this more seriously if it wasn't coming from one of the most judgmental people I've ever had to interact with. You are incapable of going five minutes without complaining about something completely innocuous, judging someone for the most superficial and pointless reasons imaginable, and being needlessly insulting.

And since you two seem to have decided to make this about TNZ I will remind you of the rules about what happens in TNZ stays in TNZ. Just because you don't like the way this thread is going doesn't mean you get to throw a grenade to create a distraction. People were reacting negatively to the tone of this thread without TNZ's involvement, and have done so with Flux's previous threads and yours on account of your attitudes, so quit making excuses.
You're black too.
Jeez, I realize you're from Kansas, but I thought even you knew racist insults weren't acceptable anymore.

__________________
"Holy shit! It's Beef Supreme!"
The Journeyman - Buy it now! Maybe?
My world simulation project!
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now  
Old April 2 2013, 09:10 PM   #145
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'
 
Locutus of Bored's Avatar
 
Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
And just because someone is digging doesn't mean you have to pick up dirt and toss it at them, now does it?

But there's an entire thread in the Forum That Shalt Not Be Named (Z) dedicated to ridiculing people behind their backs, like the Cool Kids Table in a high-school lunch room. Which, sure, is all fine and good for people who're regular problems, trouble makers, or sure regularly the antagonist in situations, but here? Here we've got a guy simply posting videos of traffic annoyances.

So, hey, let's pounce on him the same we pounce on people going into every Trek '09 and '13 thread making complaints about minor things or it not measuring up to TOS.

Don't like Flux's videos or his motivations for posting them on You Tube? Fine. Established. You've made your point, now stop trying to string his underwear up the flagpole and move on.
I might be able to take this more seriously if it wasn't coming from one of the most judgmental people I've ever had to interact with. You are incapable of going five minutes without complaining about something completely innocuous, judging someone for the most superficial and pointless reasons imaginable, and being needlessly insulting.

And since you two seem to have decided to make this about TNZ I will remind you of the rules about what happens in TNZ stays in TNZ. Just because you don't like the way this thread is going doesn't mean you get to throw a grenade to create a distraction. People were reacting negatively to the tone of this thread without TNZ's involvement, and have done so with Flux's previous threads and yours on account of your attitudes, so quit making excuses.
You're black too.


Ah, the old "I am rubber, you are glue..." gambit. Well played, sir. I'm left speechless by the quality of your argument.
__________________
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline  
Old April 2 2013, 09:10 PM   #146
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Jeez, I realize you're from Kansas, but I thought even you knew racist insults weren't acceptable anymore.

Please tell me you're joking.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline  
Old April 2 2013, 09:32 PM   #147
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef
 
Robert Maxwell's Avatar
 
Location: Right behind you!
View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Jeez, I realize you're from Kansas, but I thought even you knew racist insults weren't acceptable anymore.

Please tell me you're joking.
I was.
__________________
"Holy shit! It's Beef Supreme!"
The Journeyman - Buy it now! Maybe?
My world simulation project!
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now  
Old April 2 2013, 09:33 PM   #148
Scout101
Admiral
 
Scout101's Avatar
 
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
But there's an entire thread in the Forum That Shalt Not Be Named (Z) dedicated to ridiculing people behind their backs, like the Cool Kids Table in a high-school lunch room.
Presumably, you're talking about the series of threads that your posting history shows you've posted in HUNDREDS of times? In fact, you STARTED one of them, didn't you?

Come on, man. Can't even say that backfired on you, as pretty sure you had to be aiming at yourself, no?

All well and good unless it's not going your way, in which case they're all jerks? At least be consistent.

Why are you determined to jump on this particular bonfire, anyway? You're aware that this wasn't your thread, and isn't about you, no matter how much you want it to be? As little as I understand Flux's rationale for bringing it up again every time it dies down, I get your insistence on trying to make it about YOU even less...
__________________
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline  
Old April 2 2013, 09:34 PM   #149
Avon
Fleet Captain
 
Avon's Avatar
 
Location: Space Wales
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Jeez, I realize you're from Kansas, but I thought even you knew racist insults weren't acceptable anymore.

Please tell me you're joking.
funny that was my reaction to

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
You're black too.
__________________

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is offline  
Old April 2 2013, 09:39 PM   #150
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

I never claimed to be innocent, however, as I said, I can see the point in them to talk about/point out the regular trouble-posters either "there" or out here. Then there's, "Oh, look, someone we kind of don't like posted a thread about something silly. Gang-up on him!"

Someone posting about their usual hatred towards Abram's Trek or post-TOS, trek, or some other nonsense? Sure. Someone continually posting nonsensical stuff about alien lizards and Rube Goldberg Perpetual Motion machines? Sure.

Someone posts a thread about dash-cam videos? Seriously?! THAT'S who you're going to call out and harp on?

Everyone around here is turning into a bunch of annoying, self-important, self-involved, self-loving, twats. This place is quickly filling up with assholes who just want to go around and continue to be assholes for the sake of being an asshole.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.