Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old March 23 2013, 02:23 AM   #16
SeerSGB
Admiral

Re: Breaking: Bad Robot Releases Another Alternative International Tra

Kruezerman wrote: View Post
Shilliam Watner wrote: View Post
3chordboy wrote: View Post
well. now we know how the saucer and one of the nacelles gets so royally fooked!
Agreed. At the end of the trailer where the Enterprise is in a spin you can see on the right edge of the saucer a big gaping hole. It's right in front of the nacelle which means all the debris and crewmen blew right into the right Broussard Collector. That would explain how the Broussard is blown out.
And those fans in the collectors...

Fans + people + space.... *shudder*
Can't stop laughing. Not at the shot but the thought of some poor redshirt getting pigeoned in the bussards.

"Shit...well they'l just beam me back aboard and....*grind BOOM*"
Old March 23 2013, 03:41 AM   #17
Gojira
Commodore

WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
By the way: am I the only one who read this first as:

Breaking Bad: Robot Releases Another Alternative International Trailer

and thought it was a teaser about the final season of the show, where Walter White must battle an automated drug factory.
I thought the same thing!!
Old March 23 2013, 04:20 AM   #18
Awesome Possum
I've Rebooted Myself

View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum

Well if being sucked into space wasn't scary enough, now I have to imagine what happens when sucked out in a warp bubble. I have no idea what would happen, but my nightmares will certainly come up with some interesting concepts.
Old March 23 2013, 04:56 AM   #19
SeerSGB
Admiral

Awesome Possum wrote: View Post
Well if being sucked into space wasn't scary enough, now I have to imagine what happens when sucked out in a warp bubble. I have no idea what would happen, but my nightmares will certainly come up with some interesting concepts.
Now, now, don't be too freaked out. You'd probably be chopped up by the bussards, or fried by the impulse deck, or bounced off the hull, or zapped by the nav-shield, and suffocated long before the warp field got ahold of you and scattered your atoms across the galaxy.

See nothing to scary.

Last edited by SeerSGB; March 23 2013 at 04:22 PM.
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 06:50 AM   #20
Sigokat
Commander

Location: Fort Bragg, NC but from Chicago (currently deployed)

WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
Also, Cumberbatch starts to beam out of the "helicopter" in this one, and I don't recall that in the other trailer.
I saw this in the trailer I watched last night. Not sure which international trailer it was though.

So we know that Harrison isn't working alone because someone had to activate the transporter. Or else his allies are allies of convinenance, kind of like Soran with Lursa and company.
Old March 23 2013, 07:18 AM   #21
yousirname
Commander

Sigokat wrote: View Post
So we know that Harrison isn't working alone because someone had to activate the transporter. Or else his allies are allies of convinenance, kind of like Soran with Lursa and company.
We saw Lore had some kind of auto-activated transport in Brothers. It doesn't seem too advanced a technique.
yousirname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 08:17 AM   #22
Sigokat
Commander

Location: Fort Bragg, NC but from Chicago (currently deployed)

yousirname wrote: View Post
Sigokat wrote: View Post
We saw Lore had some kind of auto-activated transport in Brothers. It doesn't seem too advanced a technique.
I thought about that after I posted. Also, in DS9 we saw that the runabout could transport individuals as well.

But I guess I assumed he will have an ally because of the time period and that it would be cooler IMO.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old March 23 2013, 01:43 PM   #23
RAMA
Vice Admiral

One thing i can see, we'll see more UFP starships closer up than any other ST movie. Most of STFC's ships were indistinct.
Old March 23 2013, 01:53 PM   #24
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

I'm gonna skip Iron Man 3 so I can see this film a few times the weekend it comes out. I'm just more interested in this than more "I have a suit I need to wear to help solve all the problems" superhero angst.
Old March 23 2013, 03:31 PM   #25
Burke
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Carol Marcus!
Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 04:21 PM   #26
greenlight
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. Apologies in advance if it's been made somewhere else already.

I'm going to guess that maybe the Enterprise doesn't crash. Every crashing shot so far is either clearly not the Enterprise or not necessarily the Enterprise. Maybe whatever battle has damaged the 1701 so badly that it's in its death spiral has also damaged the other federation ship (the water crashing shot). Maybe the other ship is an ally of the 1701 that just doesn't fare as well or maybe Harrison has control of it and is using it to battle Kirk's.

So maybe in the big climax, Scotty and the gang manage to halt their free fall just in time but the other ship doesn't make it. My other guess would be that maybe the water crash occurs earlier in the film as Harrison is wreaking havoc on the federation. Maybe we'll see several anonymous federation ships bite the dust.
greenlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 04:27 PM   #27
greenlight
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Now assuming it does crash, I have no particular opinion on whether JJ would be more likely to 1) show the crash as leaving the ship salvageable and have it fixed up as good as new, 2) show the crash as leaving the ship salvageable and have it refitted and look substantially different, or 3) have it destroyed and have an entirely new ship. I'm not even sure what my preference would be. Thoughts?
Old March 23 2013, 04:36 PM   #28
SeerSGB
Admiral

greenlight wrote: View Post
Now assuming it does crash, I have no particular opinion on whether JJ would be more likely to 1) show the crash as leaving the ship salvageable and have it fixed up as good as new, 2) show the crash as leaving the ship salvageable and have it refitted and look substantially different, or 3) have it destroyed and have an entirely new ship. I'm not even sure what my preference would be. Thoughts?
There's a shot in the trailer of the Enterprise laid up in the yards. Brief shot, but it has the feel of a reveal shot. Which has had me thinking that maybe the shot comes from later in the movie after they've repaired the ship.
Old March 23 2013, 04:50 PM   #29
greenlight
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The only thing I can see that would qualify as "laid up in the yards" would be the shot tracking the shuttle as the 1701 comes into view and that really looks like it's just docked at the starbase. Is that the one you're talking about? I suppose that could be at the very end and show a repaired Enterprise but that would seem awfully quick. If any of my three options are correct, I was thinking they'd probably hold off until the next movie, like they did between 'Generations' and 'First Contact'.

Also, as I re-watch it, you see a brief glimpse of the primary sensor at 1:59 that looks like it could be the 1701.

Geez, speculation is like crack.
Old March 23 2013, 05:57 PM   #30
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

And that's why you don't have open plan starship interiors. Seriously, the brewery didn't only look dumb, it was wildly impractical and unsafe.

Last edited by Dac; March 24 2013 at 12:20 AM.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote