New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old June 6 2014, 08:27 AM   #1
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

I had the most vivid DS9 dream a day ago

So I dreamt that there were some DS9 lost episodes, and I was watching one on TV.

It was in the promenade, and Garak was talking to Worf. His conversation was basically "Oh I'm glad to find you Mr. Worf, I am in serious need of your help, the war isn't over yet, and there's a new battle about to begin. I've been made a bridge officer on a Klingon ship, and I need a mighty warrior to accompany me"

As this was going on, I saw Jadzia sitting at the table, waiting for Worf to come back.

So I freakin' wake up and the dream was so vivid that I spent the whole day wondering if I actually watched a lost episode or if I dreamt that whole sequence.

My only clue that it was a dream for sure was seeing Jadzia, when I knew she was already dead at the end of the war.

I can seriously tell you that was an unnerving feeling the whole day. I wonder if you guys have ever had one of those.

That's what I get for popping a Melatonin to go to sleep
Old June 6 2014, 08:35 AM   #2
Melakon
Vice Admiral

Re: I had the most vivid DS9 dream a day ago

I never had a Star Trek dream until there was a discussion thread about it somewhere on the board a few months ago, and I'd been watching nothing but episodes for two or three weeks. But when I woke up, I couldn't remember anything about it, not even which show it was about. Or maybe I did remember, but I've forgotten since. So far, it's the only Trek dream I've had in my life, so that's sort of disappointing.
Old June 6 2014, 08:57 AM   #3
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Melakon wrote: View Post
I never had a Star Trek dream until there was a discussion thread about it somewhere on the board a few months ago, and I'd been watching nothing but episodes for two or three weeks. But when I woke up, I couldn't remember anything about it, not even which show it was about. Or maybe I did remember, but I've forgotten since. So far, it's the only Trek dream I've had in my life, so that's sort of disappointing.
I've only had one other Trek dream that I can remember. That one was weirder, but not as vivid. I still remember it though.

There was a huge battle going on on the ground with a sunset for a backdrop. It was Starfleet shuttles fighting against an enemy with what looked like Mechs from Mechwarrior. One of the "shuttles" was a flying Jeep Cherokee that had got hit by one of the blasts from a Mech, and it was coming down fast, and straight toward me (but in a movie sort of way where I know I'm a 3rd party and not in any danger) as it gets closer, I can see the pilot screaming his head off, knowing he's about to hit, and he looks a lot like that guy William Katts (from Greatest American Hero). So as the Jeep is about to strike the ground, I'm suddenly in the Enterprise D's sickbay. There's body bag there and Dr. Crusher along with that girl Amanda (the Q girl from "True Q") pink spandex and all. I don't think her Q'ness was relevant in my dream though. I just remember her looking at Crusher asking "what's in the bag?" and Crusher saying "you don't wanna know". It was assumed that it was the guy from the "Jeep" shuttle, who had been dead for a couple of days now.

I think I woke up, and I think that was it. That one was a while back, maybe 15 years ago, I still have a full recollection of it though.
Old June 6 2014, 09:01 AM   #4
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

Garak on a Bird-of-Prey, that I would loved to have seen!

Years ago I had a Trek-based dream, unfortunately not a DS9 one though. The basic jist of it was: I was trapped under my parents kitchen table, with a Borg about to get me with it's utility arm, which was a hoover nozzle.
Old June 6 2014, 04:38 PM   #5
varek
Commander

Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post

Years ago I had a Trek-based dream, unfortunately not a DS9 one though. The basic jist of it was: I was trapped under my parents kitchen table, with a Borg about to get me with it's utility arm, which was a hoover nozzle.
While I am a fan of Garak, I don't think he would have lasted very long on a Klingon ship. Klingons and Cardassians didn't like each other, and I don't really envision Garak as a warrior. A spy, certainly, but not all that much of a warrior, vs. a Klingon!
varek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2014, 12:58 AM   #6
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

varek wrote: View Post
Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post

While I am a fan of Garak, I don't think he would have lasted very long on a Klingon ship. Klingons and Cardassians didn't like each other, and I don't really envision Garak as a warrior. A spy, certainly, but not all that much of a warrior, vs. a Klingon!
Well, I don't think he was a warrior in my dream either. He was going for his espionage skills as it had been established in the series (when he went on missions on the Defiant).

What was weird was that this was a new war with the Dominion, but not really sure if it was continuing the old one or beginning a new one. The damn thing was like a vision though lol. It was so realistic, I woke up and though it was something I'd actually seen in real life. I was wondering if there really were "lost episodes" of the series. Seeing Jadzia there though was the one "key" where I realized I just dreamt it, because she was no longer part of the cast at the end when this "continuation" was supposed to happen.
Old June 8 2014, 01:20 PM   #7
Smellincoffee
Commodore

View Smellincoffee's Twitter Profile

I once had a dream that seemed like a full-length episode of the show. This was a few years ago so I can't remember many details, but it centered on Gul Dukat. Actually, the first time I had a Star Trek dream was about DS9, and I know the episode which inspired it -- "The Ship". In the dream the cast of DS9 was struggling up a big rocky hill and fighting Jem'Hedar to crest it. The hill is the one from "The Ship".

Actually, I think all of my Trek dreams have been DS9-specific, with one exception: once Captain Picard taught me to use a tricorder on the bridge of the Enterprise.
DS9 CapCon #103: The Most Dangerous Game
"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.." - Commander Montgomery Scott.
Smellincoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2014, 09:33 PM   #8
publiusr
Commodore

I had a dream aobout Data, and the next thing you know, I'm in space with a bunch of Cardassian ships. There was an unusual 3D effect, as if the ships were trying to bleed through to ever growing...sharpness, if that makes any sense.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2014, 08:59 AM   #9
RainKing
Lieutenant

The closest experience I have ever had is that years and years ago (25 or so), I had a dream that Han Solo was my brother. After waking and realizing that it was a dream, I felt a very strange, residual sadness for literally the entire day.
RainKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2014, 07:40 PM   #10
publiusr
Commodore

That and after waking up after having bought a bunch of swag at a dream bookstore and watching the waking world cause it to disappear.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2014, 12:30 AM   #11
PhoenixClass
Lieutenant Commander

Just a few nights ago I had a nightmare about the Borg.

The dream started out with me observing the dream, rather than being part of it. At first, I was watching a few Starfleet ships chase a Sphere. It was like a test run or something, nothing threatening. I think it a video game. But then, as the test continued (and now I was in the dream, not just watching, and it was real, not a game) the ships encountered a vast number of Cubes, space was filled with them - so many I couldn't really see stars. I was flying in a capsule, and I could go extremely fast, so I went to Earth, racing past all those Cubes. When I got to Earth, it was the same, Cubes beyond count blocking out the sky. Earth itself was polluted and dark, the dirty clouds blocked out the sun and I could not see the blue ocean. I blew up my capsule and took out a bunch of Cubes but of course there were so many it didn't matter. For a moment though, the explosion opened the clouds, and I could see the Sun and the waves crashing on the beach, and then the clouds closed again. Our beautiful Earth was a dead place.

I woke up screaming.
PhoenixClass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2014, 06:14 AM   #12
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

PhoenixClass wrote: View Post
Just a few nights ago I had a nightmare about the Borg.

The dream started out with me observing the dream, rather than being part of it. At first, I was watching a few Starfleet ships chase a Sphere. It was like a test run or something, nothing threatening. I think it a video game. But then, as the test continued (and now I was in the dream, not just watching, and it was real, not a game) the ships encountered a vast number of Cubes, space was filled with them - so many I couldn't really see stars. I was flying in a capsule, and I could go extremely fast, so I went to Earth, racing past all those Cubes. When I got to Earth, it was the same, Cubes beyond count blocking out the sky. Earth itself was polluted and dark, the dirty clouds blocked out the sun and I could not see the blue ocean. I blew up my capsule and took out a bunch of Cubes but of course there were so many it didn't matter. For a moment though, the explosion opened the clouds, and I could see the Sun and the waves crashing on the beach, and then the clouds closed again. Our beautiful Earth was a dead place.

I woke up screaming.
Wow, holy crap. That would have done a number on me too. Sounds like the scene in FC, where Data says "Population, 10 million, all Borg" and you see the planet Earth is all Borgified down below. Yikes!!