Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Closed Thread

Old April 1 2013, 11:58 PM   #121
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Re: College: Gender Studies (Feminism Discussion)

That was a great article!! Thanks tsq!

I had a good laugh at the "yarn-themed activities"

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 13 2013, 07:18 AM   #122
nightwind1
Commodore

Re: College: Gender Studies

Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
Pingfah wrote: View Post
I'm confused. Isn't the course Gender studies, not Feminism studies?
In practice, Pingfah, a "Gender Studies" class draws upon particular dominant ideologies that have largely controlled the discourse on gender for decades, academia being one of the fields into which this ideology has spread with relative impunity. So, indoctrination into Feminism and its distortions is what you'll find almost overwhelmingly in a Gender Studies course.
"Oh, noze!!! Wat about duh menz?!?!?!?"

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Old July 13 2013, 07:20 AM   #123
nightwind1
Commodore

Re: College: Gender Studies

junxon wrote: View Post
rejection of feminism always boils down to 'you don't think women should be equals and feminism scares my insecurities'. you can link as much as you want but the opinion you're pushing is pathetic.
The exact sort of irrational, hateful ad hominem pointless response to be expected from a feminist.

Let me put it to you: feminism is an intellectually bankrupt, dangerously hateful ideology that is causing widespread damage to Western society through its projection of an irrational ideological platform into all levels of academia, law, and government. Responses among much of the populace to matters concerning gender are made in terms of adherence to assumptions based in decades of misinformation, ideological distortions and unscholarly behaviour. I am one of those tired and angry of seeing such remain unchallenged. The responsibility is yours - the responsibility to research, to question, to look where people are pointing to offer you a view different to that you currently hold. But instead you will insist that I "hate women", a most ludicrous and offensive argument.

Why don't you read through the introductory materials I've linked, unlearn a few assumptions about how the world works and has worked and then you'll be better prepared to comprehend why I'm warning someone away from this line of - I use the term loosely - "study".
Because if those links were printed out on paper, I'd use them to line my birdcage.

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Old July 13 2013, 08:35 AM   #124
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Oh, this delightful thread, how I have missed it.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Old July 13 2013, 09:47 AM   #125
The Festivus Awakens
Airing Grievouses

nightwind1 wrote: View Post
Pingfah wrote: View Post
I'm confused. Isn't the course Gender studies, not Feminism studies?
In practice, Pingfah, a "Gender Studies" class draws upon particular dominant ideologies that have largely controlled the discourse on gender for decades, academia being one of the fields into which this ideology has spread with relative impunity. So, indoctrination into Feminism and its distortions is what you'll find almost overwhelmingly in a Gender Studies course.
"Oh, noze!!! Wat about duh menz?!?!?!?"
nightwind1 wrote: View Post
junxon wrote: View Post
rejection of feminism always boils down to 'you don't think women should be equals and feminism scares my insecurities'. you can link as much as you want but the opinion you're pushing is pathetic.
The exact sort of irrational, hateful ad hominem pointless response to be expected from a feminist.

Let me put it to you: feminism is an intellectually bankrupt, dangerously hateful ideology that is causing widespread damage to Western society through its projection of an irrational ideological platform into all levels of academia, law, and government. Responses among much of the populace to matters concerning gender are made in terms of adherence to assumptions based in decades of misinformation, ideological distortions and unscholarly behaviour. I am one of those tired and angry of seeing such remain unchallenged. The responsibility is yours - the responsibility to research, to question, to look where people are pointing to offer you a view different to that you currently hold. But instead you will insist that I "hate women", a most ludicrous and offensive argument.

Why don't you read through the introductory materials I've linked, unlearn a few assumptions about how the world works and has worked and then you'll be better prepared to comprehend why I'm warning someone away from this line of - I use the term loosely - "study".
Because if those links were printed out on paper, I'd use them to line my birdcage.
1) Resurrect a thankfully long dead controversial thread.
2) Notify on a three month old post that didn't break any rules by a poster who's not even here any more.
3) Quote two posts from the same person without using multi-quote.
4) ???
5) Profit!!!

What were you thinking? Don't waste our time with this stuff again.

Closed.