Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old May 20 2014, 08:27 PM   #1
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon

Attention Posters

I've had enough with some of the crap out here. Loken is gone due to a pattern of fighting. Andriech, you need to tone things down. 005, I want you to take a 2 week break from Fan Productions beginning when you read this. After you read this, post here so that I know and I will be watching.

Anyone else want to fight and make trouble, by all means test my Romulan patience. Make my day.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2014, 08:45 PM   #2
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Attention Posters

T'Bonz wrote: View Post
005, I want you to take a 2 week break from Fan Productions beginning when you read this. After you read this, post here so that I know and I will be watching
Message received and understood.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2014, 09:05 PM   #3
andriech
Commander

Send a message via AIM to andriech

T'Bonz wrote: View Post
Andriech, you need to tone things down.
Sorry, I already apologized in the thread for that one comment that was over the top. It won't happen again.
Old May 21 2014, 02:16 AM   #4
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

I don't usually snipe, but I admit I did once this week. That was intended as anticipatory of another person's attack on my post. I will return to my usual peacefulness.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 07:32 PM   #5
Tom
Rear Admiral

I would challenge your Romulan patience, but I don't live near you
Old May 21 2014, 07:54 PM   #6
JT Perfecthair
Lieutenant

Maybe those sending the complaints to the mods could just be encouraged to stop clicking on topics that upset them rather than limiting what I and others can read here. The interplay (yes even the bitching) between the various production companies and the legalities they work under are part of the reason I come here.
JT Perfecthair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 08:36 PM   #7
Maurice
Vice Admiral

The problem has been that some members can't keep the "you" out of their posts. It's actually fairly easy to have a heated argument and still remain civil if we make an effort.
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 08:54 PM   #8
USS Intrepid
Commodore

When the comments are personal rather than informational, a line is being crossed. Most of us come here for the information being shared, and that information is often lost amongst the snarking. Besides, quite a few of these people are friends of mine, so yeah I don't need to see all the infighting. If you want infighting, go watch reality TV.

That said, I've zero desire to see anyone banned. Seriously, I don't see why we can't actually make an effort to at least be civil to each other in here.
Old May 22 2014, 03:31 AM   #9
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon

Tom wrote: View Post
I would challenge your Romulan patience, but I don't live near you

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2014, 10:59 PM   #10
northstar
Lieutenant

Banning the producer of what looks like to be one of the best idenpendently produced Star Trek movies in a time where this board could use a lot more users might not be the best idea, in my humble opinion.
northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2014, 11:30 PM   #11
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

northstar wrote: View Post
Banning the producer of what looks like to be one of the best idenpendently produced Star Trek movies in a time where this board could use a lot more users might not be the best idea, in my humble opinion.
Not banning a user (regardless of who it might be) for frequent board violations that result in dissatisfied members departing the board might also not be the best idea. So we try to simply adhere to board moderation disciplinary policies and try not to apply those policies unevenly regardless of who the banned individual is. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't, of course. So we just try to adhere to the policy and let the chips fall where they may.
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2014, 11:49 PM   #12
northstar
Lieutenant

Then you should have either banned both posters that you found offending or none.

Some more moderation of these boards might help avoiding these things. There are threads that ran for days in the past without moderation and sometimes result in flaming. That might have been prevented by a timely response of the admins.
northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2014, 12:30 AM   #13
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

northstar wrote: View Post
Moderators should be impartial, the status of a poster should never matter.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2014, 01:55 AM   #14
Dennis
Commodore

I think it would be hard to demonstrate that there's a fan film in existence whose staff could attract enough users to a BBS to make much difference in its fortunes. Banning William Shatner = bad idea. Banning one of us = judgment call.
"One day it begins to be borne in on the writer...that he is living in Europe as an American. If he were living there as a European, he would be living on a different and far less attractive continent." - James Baldwin

Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2014, 12:45 PM   #15
AustNerevar
Lieutenant Commander

As someone who is merely a fan of the fan projects, please stop fighting, mom and dad. If you keep this up, it will draw attention from CBS. This could be viewed as negative press for the IP and could result in all fan productions being shut down and nobody wants that.

This is Star Trek for Christ's sake. A show that promotes putting aside one's differences and working together.
AustNerevar is offline   Reply With Quote