RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,686
Members: 24,826
Currently online: 520
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old March 9 2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Rye
Ensign

Starfleet Insignia: Request

I am the Fleet XO of Atlantis Fleet, a new Star Trek roleplaying simulation fleet. Anyway, we are looking to find an artist who can create basic art (headers, banners, badges, etc.)

Basically, I am looking for a badge, like this. It is for one of our Fleet's task forces.

However, I would like it to be a inner color to be a deep purple, with the outline remaining black. I would like it to have a metallic luster to it, to give the insignia texture. I would also like a very simple (and small) Raven with its wings spread to overlap slightly with the insignia.

If anybody would be willing to help me out, I would be beyond grateful. I just need one proof of concept to show to the Fleet CO, and then I will be willing to pay you (name your price), to create insignias for the other two task forces.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions, just respond to the thread, and I will reply.
Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 01:12 AM   #2
Finn
Vice Admiral

Re: Starfleet Insignia: Request

Do you have a photoshop program? Select the gold and turn it to purple
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 06:30 PM   #3
Albertese
Commodore

Not that easy. You'll turn it purple, but there won't be any metallic sheen.

I might have played around with this in years past, but I don't do spec work anymore. I've been bit in the butt too many times over such stuff.

--Alex
Old March 10 2013, 07:22 PM   #4
jerriecan
Lieutenant Commander

Is this along the lines you were looking for? (I can decrease the file size, I was just in a hurry when I saved it). Let me know.

Star Trek: Pathfinder #1: The Siren's Call
jerriecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10 2013, 11:29 PM   #5
Rye
Ensign

jerriecan wrote: View Post
Is this along the lines you were looking for? (I can decrease the file size, I was just in a hurry when I saved it). Let me know.

YES! That is perfect! I prefer quality over all else, so I don't think you need to reduce the file size. This is EXACTLY what I need.

My only question, is can you make the image transparent so only the badge is visible? Right now it just looks like a white block with the badge inside of it.

This is great work. If you were willing. I will hire you to design the other two task force badges, and even our Fleet logo if you are interested. Name your price.
Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11 2013, 01:37 AM   #6
KNH
Commander

I gave it a shot as well, modifying the star at the core of the insignia some so it blends in better with the raven. The outer borders need a little cleaning up, but this is just to get the idea across. Let me know what you think.

KNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2013, 12:40 AM   #7
Rye
Ensign

Oh yeah, awesome. Love it even more. It's perfect.
Old March 14 2013, 05:49 AM   #8
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

That looks awesome
Old March 15 2013, 05:21 AM   #9
Captain Kathryn
Commodore

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

KNH wrote: View Post
I gave it a shot as well, modifying the star at the core of the insignia some so it blends in better with the raven. The outer borders need a little cleaning up, but this is just to get the idea across. Let me know what you think.

Just want to say I love your avatar haha. The EMH as the ECH.
Old March 15 2013, 05:45 PM   #10
KNH
Commander

I'd love a sequel where the doc is the ECH of a Prometheus-class vessel. >_>

I'm glad the insignia is met with approval! I should have a cleaned-up version ready by tomorrow.
Old March 25 2013, 12:40 AM   #11
Rye
Ensign

Excellent. Have you considered whether or not you are willing to design more?
Old March 25 2013, 03:08 PM   #12
KNH
Commander

Oh hey you're back I'm up for more, yes. Shoot me a PM or something to discuss details?
Old March 25 2013, 11:20 PM   #13
Rye
Ensign

Can't really do that at the moment. I don't have enough posts on the forum, yet.
Old March 26 2013, 03:24 PM   #14
KNH
Commander

Well, we could exchange e-mail or somesuch; or you can point me to means to contact you on your website.
Old March 26 2013, 09:09 PM   #15
Rye
Ensign

KNH wrote: View Post
Well, we could exchange e-mail or somesuch; or you can point me to means to contact you on your website.
WolffieC@hotmail.com

Feel free to contact me there.