Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old April 13 2013, 09:53 PM   #91
EnsignHarper
Commander

Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

MeTV shows Hogan's Heroes Saturdays at 6 pm, for an hour. One of last week's shows was the one with Roger C Carmel as a German general that they somehow take prisoner during one of their missions. (wish how i knew how to do captures off my HDD recorder...) (this is one where try to get where his unit is, by making him think he is dying)

Apparently one of Carmel's schticks is the business where he is trying to loudly explain himself while being pushed someplace/or surrounded like in I Mudd, where he is surrounded by the 500 Stellas at the end. The gestures were exactly the same!

Arlene "T'Pring" Martel has a semi recurring role on Hogan's as the Underground operative 'Tiger'..

Not to mention a bunch of other Trek related people showing up - most notably John Hoyt, who must played 20 different German generals in Hogans over the years!
EnsignHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 04:45 PM   #92
Kirk1980
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to Kirk1980 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirk1980 Send a message via Yahoo to Kirk1980

Stewart Moss also shows up in The Rockford Files episode, "The Girl in the Bay City Boys Club".

Let's see what's out there...
Kirk1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2013, 07:33 PM   #93
Forbin
Admiral

Mannix again - season 3, "Who Killed Me?"

Yvonne Craig may have been type cast as a scheming beotch at this point!

Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2013, 08:14 PM   #94
Christopher
Writer

^I recently saw Yvonne Craig in a Man from UNCLE episode that had a ton of Trek guests -- in addition to Craig, it had Abraham Sofaer, Liam Sullivan, David Hurst, Nancy Kovack, Mickey Morton, and even Bill Quinn, who was McCoy's father in ST V. Not to mention the Bride of Frankenstein herself, Elsa Lanchester, and Rosey Grier.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2013, 10:34 AM   #95
Ain Jalut
Lieutenant

She looks gorgeous.
Ain Jalut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2013, 02:17 PM   #96
ToddPence
Fleet Captain

I may have posted this somewhere on this forum in the past, but there's a really weird coincidence involving the Trek episode "Metamorphosis". There's a scene where the character Zefram Cochrane (played by guest star Glenn Corbett) has been reluctantly convinced to lure the companion into the trap the Enterprise men have set. Before he goes out to summon the entity, he delivers the line "What was it they used to call it? A Judas goat?"
A year later, on Irwin Allen's Land of the Giants, virtually an identical line was spoken by that series' star Kurt Kasznar in the episode "Weird World". What makes this coincidence even more remarkable is that Corbett just happened to be that week's LOTG guest star.
But wait, it gets even stranger. Several years earlier, on a 1963 episode of Route 66 entitled "Somehow it Gets to Be Tomorrow", Martin Milner also said nearly the exact same line (albeit Milner used the term 'sheep' instead of 'goat'.) A few episodes later, guess what actor joined that series as Milner's new co-star?
ToddPence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2013, 02:49 PM   #97
Forbin
Admiral

I'm deeply saddened that the episode of Mannix I watched yesterday had no Trek babe in it.
Old June 10 2013, 06:03 PM   #98
Forbin
Admiral

Back again. This time it was a first season I Spy episode titled "The Tiger."

Need a half-Viet Namese girl in 1965? Who do you hire?

France Nuyen, of course!

Old June 10 2013, 11:09 PM   #99
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

an ep of Mission: Impossible, in the first season i think, has John Colicos and Michael Forest (Apollo) as East German policemen. i remember thinking it was weird to see Kor give Apollo orders.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2013, 02:36 PM   #100
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Watched Neptune's Daughter last night, a 1947 "aquamusical" starring Esther Williams and Ricardo Montalban. If you've ever wanted to see Khan sing, dance, and swim, this is the film for you. He also has enough shirtless scenes to confirm that, yes, that really was his chest in Wrath of Khan.

For the record, Montalban plays "Jose O'Rourke," a suave South American polo champion, and handles the breezy romantic comedy with a nice light touch and plenty of charm.

Amazing trivia: Montalban's song, "Baby, It's Cold Outside," won the Oscar for Best Song that year.

Last edited by Greg Cox; June 15 2013 at 02:54 PM.
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2013, 03:03 PM   #101
Forbin
Admiral

Not TOS, but I caught a 1959 episode of "One Step Beyond" the other day featuring young Louise Fletcher. Kai Winn was a babe once!

Old June 15 2013, 03:17 PM   #102
Cookies and Cake
Admiral

I saw Jason and the Argonauts the other night with Nancy Kovack. Hubba, hubba!
Old June 15 2013, 09:29 PM   #103
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

View MauriceNavidad's Twitter Profile

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Watched Neptune's Daughter last night, a 1947 "aquamusical" starring Esther Williams and Ricardo Montalban. If you've ever wanted to see Khan sing, dance, and swim, this is the film for you. He also has enough shirtless scenes to confirm that, yes, that really was his chest in Wrath of Khan.

For the record, Montalban plays "Jose O'Rourke," a suave South American polo champion, and handles the breezy romantic comedy with a nice light touch and plenty of charm.

Amazing trivia: Montalban's song, "Baby, It's Cold Outside," won the Oscar for Best Song that year.

The song in question.
MauriceNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15 2013, 11:33 PM   #104
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

^ Khan the crooner!
Old June 16 2013, 06:08 PM   #105
The Old Building & Loan
Vice Admiral

Watching 60s TV shows on Me-TV often turns into a game of "Who's that TOS guest actor?" One that particularly tickled my geek fancy was an episode of The Rifleman--a series that put Paul Fix to better use as regular character Micah Torrance, marshal of North Fork. This episode also guest-starred John Hoyt as a VOTW--both TOS pilot doctors in one place! And that's not even the episode's guest star claim to fame--It also featured Dennis Hopper. Searching IMDB, it seems that John Hoyt appeared in another episode as a different character.

And if you're going to bring Jeffrey Hunter's resume up, it's always worth noting that you can usually catch him on the tube at least twice a year as Jesus in King of Kings.

EDIT: Other noteworthy ones that pop into my head:

--Caught Sherry Jackson in episodes of The Rifleman and Dobie Gillis within a week or so of each other, IIRC. She actually got credited in the onscreen "Info" data in the former, and was particularly striking as a dominatrix-y character in the latter.

--Also, caught an episode of Route 66 in which the "where have I seen her before?" thing was really bugging me until I realized from the female guest star's voice that she was Joanne Linville, the Romulan commander in "The Enterprise Incident". Her husband in the episode had been instantly recognizable--Leslie Nielsen; and to top it off, I was further into the episode when I realized that the tyke playing their son was none other than little Ronny Howard!

Last edited by The Old Building & Loan; June 16 2013 at 06:30 PM.
The Old Building & Loan is online now   Reply With Quote