RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 143,833
Posts: 5,636,286
Members: 25,486
Currently online: 497
Newest member: Hello

TrekToday headlines

Takei Calls For Boycott
By: T'Bonz on Mar 27

April-May 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Mar 27

Quinto TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Mar 26

Shatner Remembers Nimoy
By: T'Bonz on Mar 26

Star Trek Delta Coin Pouches
By: T'Bonz on Mar 25

Takei Museum Fundraiser In Progress
By: T'Bonz on Mar 25

Star Trek 3 Villain?
By: T'Bonz on Mar 25

Montgomery Comic Book Signing
By: T'Bonz on Mar 24

Mulgrew To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Mar 24

Takei On StarTalk
By: T'Bonz on Mar 24


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 2 2014, 02:14 PM   #586
CorporalCaptain
Admiral
 
CorporalCaptain's Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

I caught a very young-looking Yvonne Craig, in Perry Mason "The Case of the Lazy Lover" (1958).
__________________
“A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP” — Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
CorporalCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2014, 02:16 PM   #587
Forbin
Admiral
 
Forbin's Avatar
 
Location: I said out, dammit!
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Mariette Hartley takes care of crazy Mannix:







Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2014, 02:49 PM   #588
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral
 
The Old Mixer's Avatar
 
Location: Connecticut
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Speaking of Mariette Hartley, with James Garner having been a recent topic, I'm surprised this memorable series of commericals didn't come up here (though it may have been mentioned somewhere way upthread):



They were so convincing as a couple that Hartley reportedly took to wearing a T-shirt that proclaimed she wasn't James Garner's wife.
The Old Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2014, 12:49 AM   #589
EnsignHarper
Commander
 
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Hope this qualifies - a quick ad/promo for the 1964 Miss Rhengold contest - the last one ever. It features 74 year baseball legend Casey Stengel 'interviewing' a couple of the nominees - including future Yeoman Landon Celeste Yarnall..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTcKIpVjH5A


Just FYI: Miss Rheingold was a contest run by the folks at Rheingold Beer, which was THE big beer in New York for ages. It was a truly huge phenomenon in the New York area. Millions of votes would be cast at bars in the New York area, and Miss Rheingold usually ended up with modeling and acting gigs for years. And why Casey Stengel? Rheingold sponsored the Mets radio/TV broadcasts in the 60s, and Casey was Mets manager - way more famous than any of his players then...
EnsignHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2014, 10:01 PM   #590
EnsignHarper
Commander
 
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

A Trek Guest Star Doubleheader today on MeTV's Saturday showings of Wanted: Dead of Alive today!

First, Susan Oliver - in an episode written by....Fred Freiberger

Second, Harry Townes!
EnsignHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2014, 10:05 PM   #591
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

EnsignHarper wrote: View Post
Hope this qualifies - a quick ad/promo for the 1964 Miss Rhengold contest - the last one ever. It features 74 year baseball legend Casey Stengel 'interviewing' a couple of the nominees - including future Yeoman Landon Celeste Yarnall..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTcKIpVjH5A


Just FYI: Miss Rheingold was a contest run by the folks at Rheingold Beer, which was THE big beer in New York for ages. It was a truly huge phenomenon in the New York area. Millions of votes would be cast at bars in the New York area, and Miss Rheingold usually ended up with modeling and acting gigs for years. And why Casey Stengel? Rheingold sponsored the Mets radio/TV broadcasts in the 60s, and Casey was Mets manager - way more famous than any of his players then...
Ah! The Ol' Perfesser!!!

"See that Starfleet cadet over there? He's 20 years old. In 10 years he has a chance to be Captain. Now, that cadet over there, he's 20 too. In 10 years he has a chance to be 30."
__________________
Sweet dreams are made of cheese
Who am I to diss a brie?
I cheddar the world and the feta cheese
Everybody's looking for Stilton
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2014, 12:04 AM   #592
CorporalCaptain
Admiral
 
CorporalCaptain's Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

The Old Mixer wrote: View Post
Speaking of Mariette Hartley, with James Garner having been a recent topic, I'm surprised this memorable series of commericals didn't come up here (though it may have been mentioned somewhere way upthread):



They were so convincing as a couple that Hartley reportedly took to wearing a T-shirt that proclaimed she wasn't James Garner's wife.
Wow. I remember that commercial!
__________________
“A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP” — Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
CorporalCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2014, 03:40 AM   #593
FormerLurker
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

"See that Starfleet cadet over there? He's 20 years old. In 10 years he has a chance to be Captain. Now, that cadet over there, he's 20 too. In 10 years he has a chance to be 30."

Must be in security.
FormerLurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2014, 03:20 AM   #594
Forbin
Admiral
 
Forbin's Avatar
 
Location: I said out, dammit!
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

The Invaders, "The Life Seekers", features Diana Muldaur as an alien who wants to go back home and convince her people that mankind deserves to be left alone.





Also featuring, in a small role, Paul Comi (Balance of Terror) as a cop at a road block who thinks there could be Romulan spies aboard this very car (okay, not really):




AND, Stephen Brooks (Ensign Garrivick in Obsession) as a patrol cop who sees too much and dies for it.


Also Morgan Jones, who was the Colonel in Assignment Earth! But I'm tired of scrolling thru the episode and grabbing shots.

Last edited by Forbin; August 11 2014 at 03:32 AM.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2014, 06:13 AM   #595
Push The Button
Fleet Captain
 
Push The Button's Avatar
 
Location: Smithfield, Rhode Island USA
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

J.T.B. wrote: View Post
ToddPence wrote: View Post
I think Glenn Corbett was also on THE ROCKFORD FILES, as an FBI agent if I recall correctly.
Indeed he was, Season 5: "The Battle-Ax and the Exploding Cigar."



Doug Otte wrote: View Post
Was Ansara naturally that bald? I only remember seeing him "covered."
I believe he was.

And, slight nitpick - that's plaid, not check - Check? Check!

Edit: Oops! I think it might be considered tweed.
Tweed is somewhat rough wool woven in various patterns. That pattern is called "houndstooth check," done there with several colors. Another pattern sometimes called "check" is gingham, like Dorothy's dress in the Wizard of Oz. BTW the pattern of Corbett's suit above is called windowpane!
Corbett is giving off a strong William Windom vibe in this picture.
__________________
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
Leonard Simon Nimoy
1931 - 2015
Push The Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2014, 06:35 AM   #596
Push The Button
Fleet Captain
 
Push The Button's Avatar
 
Location: Smithfield, Rhode Island USA
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

In Outrage, a 1973 TV movie starring Robert Culp, we hit the jackpot when it comes to Trek guest actors:

Jason Wingreen (Dr. Linke), Mark Lenard, Don Stark, Phillip Pine (Col. Green), Walt Davis (played a Klingon, a Romulan, and Tantalus in Dagger of The Mind), and James B. Sikking (Capt. Styles)
__________________
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
Leonard Simon Nimoy
1931 - 2015
Push The Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2014, 02:30 PM   #597
Joel_Kirk
Rear Admiral
 
Joel_Kirk's Avatar
 
Location: Chillin' on Ligon II...
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

I watched the two-part pilot to Knight Rider and Charles Napier (Adam from 'This Way to Eden' and the military official from DS9's 'Little Green Men') showed up as a demolition racer. Robert Philips from 'The Menagerie' (and a few "Mission: Impossible" episodes) shows up as a security guard.
__________________
#BlackLivesMatter/#CrimingWhileWhite/#icantbreathe
Joel_Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2014, 04:51 PM   #598
CorporalCaptain
Admiral
 
CorporalCaptain's Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Push The Button wrote: View Post
In Outrage, a 1973 TV movie starring Robert Culp, we hit the jackpot when it comes to Trek guest actors:

Jason Wingreen (Dr. Linke), Mark Lenard, Don Stark, Phillip Pine (Col. Green), Walt Davis (played a Klingon, a Romulan, and Tantalus in Dagger of The Mind), and James B. Sikking (Capt. Styles)
One nit here is that Tantalus V was the name of the colony in "Dagger of the Mind". Walt Davis played a therapist.
__________________
“A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP” — Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
CorporalCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2014, 01:33 AM   #599
Forbin
Admiral
 
Forbin's Avatar
 
Location: I said out, dammit!
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

That Popinjay Fox chases David Vincent and an Alien traitor in the second-to-the-last episode of The Invaders!

Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2014, 05:09 AM   #600
Push The Button
Fleet Captain
 
Push The Button's Avatar
 
Location: Smithfield, Rhode Island USA
Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
Push The Button wrote: View Post
In Outrage, a 1973 TV movie starring Robert Culp, we hit the jackpot when it comes to Trek guest actors:

Jason Wingreen (Dr. Linke), Mark Lenard, Don Stark, Phillip Pine (Col. Green), Walt Davis (played a Klingon, a Romulan, and Tantalus in Dagger of The Mind), and James B. Sikking (Capt. Styles)
One nit here is that Tantalus V was the name of the colony in "Dagger of the Mind". Walt Davis played a therapist.
Hm, I knew it didn't sound right, but lifted the information directly from IMDB without checking it first.
__________________
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
Leonard Simon Nimoy
1931 - 2015
Push The Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.