Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old June 19 2014, 03:36 AM   #541
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

ZapBrannigan wrote: View Post
Ricardo Montalban and Madlyn Rhue (Khan and Marla McGivers) played a couple on BONANZA in 1960. So STAR TREK was a little reunion for them.
I didn't know this.
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2014, 02:32 PM   #542
Forbin
Admiral

Mannix meets Kor! (who seems to have lost some weight!)
Season 5: "Cry Pigeon".

Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2014, 02:55 AM   #543
Forbin
Admiral

Aaaand an episode of that 1960 Space series "Men Into Space" I just watched featured William Schallert, but we could have an entire separate thread for William Schallert appearances!

Here's the ep:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DovF8nIc8Aw
Old June 27 2014, 04:25 AM   #544
EnsignHarper
Commander

Just a quick notice that Pretty Maids All in a Row, the 1971 sex comedy Roddenberry produced and wrote, is on TCM tonight at 12:30 am ET.

And it is pretty much a Trek Reunion party, as GR got Jimmy Doohan and Bill Campbell, small parts as detectives under future Kojak, Telly Salvalas. Plus - Bill Theiss got to design costumes for Angie Dickinson, and about 50 of Hollywood's cutest and hottest early 70's nymphs..and you are all setting your DVRs as we speak, right?

and not let us forget that this was filmed at MGM, where Herb Solow was then in charge of production!
EnsignHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2014, 05:30 AM   #545
Last Redshirt
Lieutenant Commander

Can't think of any guest stars, but I know Shatner did some Twilight Zone stuff in the early 60s.
Last Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2014, 07:16 PM   #546
Christopher
Writer

EnsignHarper wrote: View Post
Just a quick notice that Pretty Maids All in a Row, the 1971 sex comedy Roddenberry produced and wrote, is on TCM tonight at 12:30 am ET.

And it is pretty much a Trek Reunion party, as GR got Jimmy Doohan and Bill Campbell, small parts as detectives under future Kojak, Telly Salvalas. Plus - Bill Theiss got to design costumes for Angie Dickinson, and about 50 of Hollywood's cutest and hottest early 70's nymphs..and you are all setting your DVRs as we speak, right?

and not let us forget that this was filmed at MGM, where Herb Solow was then in charge of production!
Also Bartell LaRue has an uncredited cameo as a TV newsreader, something IMDb hasn't caught onto yet.

And '70s TV superheroine JoAnna "Isis" Cameron is in it too!

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2014, 07:28 PM   #547
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Last Redshirt wrote: View Post
Can't think of any guest stars, but I know Shatner did some Twilight Zone stuff in the early 60s.
Specifically, "Nick of Time" and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet."

Both written by Richard Matheson, who also wrote "The Enemy Within" for Star Trek . . . .
Old June 27 2014, 08:35 PM   #548
Forbin
Admiral

It Takes a Thief, season two, "The Thingamabob heist". Al matches wits with Montalban (Khaaaaan!), who is trying to sell a secret rocket fuel to Gene Dynarski (Mudd's Women & Mark of Gideon).

Old June 28 2014, 05:01 AM   #549
Last Redshirt
Lieutenant Commander

Oh, and, not sure if this was mentioned, but Montalban was the grandfather in Spy Kids.
Last Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2014, 01:35 AM   #550
EnsignHarper
Commander

Again, apologies if this has been mentioned already, but after 37+ pages, one tends to not want to go through all of them to find if this is already here!

Was watching Adam 12, and in the episode where Officer Ed Wells - played by Gary Crosby - is introduced, his wife is played by our favorite grieving widow, Barbara Baldavin. Happened to tune in near the end, as Wells had been shot, and ALMOST dies, and Reed and Malloy console Mrs Wells outside the ward where Wells is recuperating. Baldavin gets to use the same exact bowing her head bit as Malloy keeps telling that Wells will be ok...(and probably wondering who in heck would marry such a loudmouth egotist). Had to stick around for the credits just to make sure it was her....

By the way, it must have been a difficult thing for the A12 producers to balance portraying Wells as 'comedy relief', while somehow still showing him as a 'good cop' a phrase which which gets mentioned almost every time he shows up!

Also, Wells/Crosby is also involved in what might be one of the biggest instances of 'squick' in 60s/70s TV - an episode shows him to the dutiful uncle of a new girl in Records that Malloy wants to date - played by Tina Sinatra - who ends up dating Wells' current partner played by.....yes, Frankie JUNIOR - her BROTHER......
EnsignHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2014, 03:31 PM   #551
Forbin
Admiral

Coming toward the end of my rewatch of "The Invaders". In an episode titled "The Peacemaker" Alfred Ryder (Man Trap) makes another appearance as an alien leader, and James Daley (Requiem for Methusela) is featured as an Air Force general who goes a little crazy when he finds out about the invasion, and borrows a B-52.
Old July 5 2014, 10:03 PM   #552
Forbin
Admiral

Mannix, season 5: "Lifeline".
William Marshall, badass drug lord with a bolo!

Old July 6 2014, 10:34 PM   #553
ToddPence
Fleet Captain

Forbin wrote: View Post
Coming toward the end of my rewatch of "The Invaders". In an episode titled "The Peacemaker" Alfred Ryder (Man Trap) makes another appearance as an alien leader, and James Daley (Requiem for Methusela) is featured as an Air Force general who goes a little crazy when he finds out about the invasion, and borrows a B-52.
Discovered a strange STAR TREK-INVADERS connection today, if it really qualifies as such. On a 1964 episode of the BOB HOPE CHRYSLER THEATRE, William Shatner played an architect named David Vincent!
ToddPence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2014, 12:42 AM   #554
Christopher
Writer

^Totally off-topic, but that reminds me of the other day when I was listening to an Adventures of Superman radio episode from late 1946, in which there was a crooked real estate agent named... Frank Miller. No wonder he writes Superman so unflatteringly!!!

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2014, 12:14 AM   #555
Forbin
Admiral

Mannix S5, "To Draw the Lightning".
Mannix gets hired by LORD Garth.
And along the way questions Julie "This base sent no message" Parrish (From The Menagerie).