TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old December 20 2013, 07:25 PM   #346
Christopher
Writer

Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

And of course Warehouse 13 regular Saul Rubinek played Data's abductor in TNG's "The Most Toys," so having him interact with Spiner in one of the season arcs was sort of a reunion there.

Oh, and don't forget that Faran Tahir, aka Captain Robau, is one of the Regents.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2013, 07:31 PM   #347
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
And of course Warehouse 13 regular Saul Rubinek played Data's abductor in TNG's "The Most Toys," so having him interact with Spiner in one of the season arcs was sort of a reunion there.

Oh, and don't forget that Faran Tahir, aka Captain Robau, is one of the Regents.
I knew I'd forgotten somebody!
Old December 20 2013, 10:06 PM   #348
Forbin
Admiral

And in a non Trek yet still genre aside, Lindsay Wagner has a recurring role. I think it's cool that Jamie Murray, who is also a semi-regular as H.G. Wells, was named after the Bionic Woman because her father was a fan, and then she got to work with her namesake.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2013, 10:42 PM   #349
Christopher
Writer

^Actually that's Jaime Murray, which is what really gives away that she was named for Jaime Sommers, since it's an unusual spelling of the name. (I gather it was actually the result of a spelling error Lindsay Wagner made when writing the character's name, which was supposed to be Jamie, on a chalkboard.)

Warehouse 13 is a treasure trove of genre actors. It's had Aaron Ashmore (Smallville's Jimmy Olsen), C.C.H. Pounder (Justice League's Amanda Waller and still the only actress to do the role justice onscreen), Mark Sheppard, Amy Acker, Anthony Michael Hall (The Dead Zone), Sasha Roiz, Tia Carrere, and Kelly Hu. Plus Roger Rees, but I hesitate to list him as a genre actor, because his main prior SF credit was M.A.N.T.I.S. and he deserves better than that be defined by that.

Old December 20 2013, 10:44 PM   #350
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

^Actually that's Jaime Murray, which is what really gives away that she was named for Jaime Sommers, since it's an unusual spelling of the name. (I gather it was actually the result of a spelling error Lindsay Wagner made when writing the character's name, which was supposed to be Jamie, on a chalkboard.)

Warehouse 13 is a treasure trove of genre actors. It's had Aaron Ashmore (Smallville's Jimmy Olsen), C.C.H. Pounder (Justice League's Amanda Waller and still the only actress to do the role justice onscreen), Mark Sheppard, Amy Acker, Anthony Michael Hall (The Dead Zone), Sasha Roiz, Tia Carrere, and Kelly Hu. Plus Roger Rees, but I hesitate to list him as a genre actor, because his main prior SF credit was M.A.N.T.I.S. and he deserves better than that be defined by that.
And let's not forget James Marsters and Anthony Stewart Head from BUFFY (and elsewhere).
Old December 21 2013, 12:59 AM   #351
Christopher
Writer

I meant to list Head, but he got lost in the shuffle somehow. And I'd forgotten about Marsters. Should we count Polly Walker too? She and Roiz both came from Caprica.

Old December 21 2013, 01:46 AM   #352
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

I meant to list Head, but he got lost in the shuffle somehow. And I'd forgotten about Marsters. Should we count Polly Walker too? She and Roiz both came from Caprica.
I do sometimes wonder if WH13 does their casting at Comic-Con . . .

How they've missed John DeLancie or Wil Wheaton I'll never know, although I suppose they still have one more half-season to rectify those omissions!
Old December 21 2013, 02:21 AM   #353
Christopher
Writer

^Well, Wil Wheaton had a recurring role in the last couple of seasons of Eureka, which crossed over with W13 and thus was supposedly in the same universe. So unless Dr. Isaac Parrish gets a job at the Warehouse, I doubt we'd see Wheaton.

(Then again, Saul Rubinek played a scientist in a first-season Eureka before getting the W13 gig.)

Old December 21 2013, 03:20 AM   #354
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

^Well, Wil Wheaton had a recurring role in the last couple of seasons of Eureka, which crossed over with W13 and thus was supposedly in the same universe. So unless Dr. Isaac Parrish gets a job at the Warehouse, I doubt we'd see Wheaton.

(Then again, Saul Rubinek played a scientist in a first-season Eureka before getting the W13 gig.)
And Joe Morton appeared on WH13 as a character other than his Eureka character.
Old December 22 2013, 07:58 PM   #355
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Forbin wrote: View Post
A threefer on the ep of It Takes a Thief I watched for lunch today! LORD Garth and Stonn interrogate Commodore Mendez!

Steve Inhat also appeared as a state legislator in a few episodes of the almost lost TV show Slattery's People, as seen here:

Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26 2013, 10:02 AM   #356
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

View MauriceNavidad's Twitter Profile

I just happened to see The Untouchables 1962 episode "The Night They Shot Santa Claus" and it features both Barry Russo (1:38 into this clip) and Grace Lee Whitney (at the very beginning of this clip).
MauriceNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26 2013, 07:05 PM   #357
Forbin
Admiral

It Takes a Thief, Season 2, episode 1, "One Night in Soledade".

The episode begins with a twofer - Madlyn Rhue (Space Seed) attempts to poison Logan Ramsey (Bread and Circuses):

Later, Al is assigned by his boss, series regular Malachi Throne (The Menagerie) to work with guest agent/babe Nancy Kovack (A Private Little War):

Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2013, 02:56 AM   #358
The Old Building & Loan
Vice Admiral

Just caught a brief appearance by Ian (Mr. Atoz) Wolfe in the Wonder Woman pilot (1975).
Old December 28 2013, 03:16 AM   #359
Christopher
Writer

I just saw Man from UNCLE's "The Minus-X Affair," which has Theo Marcuse and a young Paul Winfield. Also King Moody, who was Shtarker in Get Smart and Ronald McDonald in commercials from 1975-84.

Old December 28 2013, 05:34 AM   #360
EnsignHarper
Commander

and Ronald McDonald in commercials from 1975-84.
That's some serious residual money there, when you consider how many Ronald McDonald commercials Mickey D's made in those 9 years.
EnsignHarper is offline   Reply With Quote