RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,675
Members: 24,202
Currently online: 668
Newest member: wendelcarree

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old March 12 2013, 06:28 AM   #31
Dukhat
Commodore

Re: Spoilers: Is This [Spoiler]'s Original Enterprise?

Yes, please post a source for that; otherwise it's just your opinion.
Old March 12 2013, 02:15 PM   #32
EJD1984
Commander

I'm thinking it's a new ship that is more advanced, and that's how it's able to inflict so much damage on the Enterprise.
Old March 12 2013, 04:04 PM   #33
WarpFactorZ
Captain

EJD1984 wrote: View Post
I'm thinking it's a new ship that is more advanced, and that's how it's able to inflict so much damage on the Enterprise.
Maybe it's the USS Reliant....
WarpFactorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2013, 10:55 PM   #34
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

But doesn't the NuEnterprise being the flagship and only being active for a year at the most kind of imply that there aren't any Starfleet ships that are more advanced then it.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 12:50 AM   #35
greenlight
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have no knowledge or opinion about whether it's April's ship or the Admiral's ship or some other ship. I will, however, stake my nerd cred on three things: 1) It's clearly not Kirk's Enterprise, 2) The ship crashing into the water is not Kirk's Enterprise, and 3) The ship crashing into the water could easily be the ship that Kirk is jumping to.

So my speculation is as follows: Kirk leaves his Enterprise to jump to the other ship for the climactic showdown with Harrison. The damaged Enterprise falling to Earth happens after Kirk has left. The ship Kirk jumps to is the Admiral's ship (which may or may not also be April's ship) who's already dead by this point. The ship crashing into the water is this same ship and Kirk is either beamed out in the nick of time or somehow survives the crash after defeating Harrison. Kirk's Enterprise, meanwhile, either pulls out of its spiral or also survives a water crash. Gentlemen, place your bets!
greenlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 02:25 AM   #36
WarpFactorZ
Captain

greenlight wrote: View Post
The ship Kirk jumps to is the Admiral's ship (which may or may not also be April's ship) who's already dead by this point. The ship crashing into the water is this same ship and Kirk is either beamed out in the nick of time or somehow survives the crash after defeating Harrison.
In the December teaser trailer at about 0:48, there's a shot of someone standing on what looks to be the bridge of a starship that's crashed into a city, peering out through the broken viewscreen. Can't tell if this is Kirk or Harrison.

Also, in the same trailer immediartely preceding that shot, there's a brief shot of Spock in the command chair of a ship that may or may not be the Enterprise (perhaps the ship he's transferred to?).
Old March 13 2013, 02:30 AM   #37
Lord Garth, FOI
Lieutenant Commander

It's been reported for nearly a week now that IGN says the Enterprise is the ship crashing into the water
We know its not giagantiprise because the engines ! pylons and general shape are different so by deduction it must be the original (April's) enterprise
Lord Garth, FOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 03:16 AM   #38
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
But doesn't the NuEnterprise being the flagship and only being active for a year at the most kind of imply that there aren't any Starfleet ships that are more advanced then it.

Well, the Enterprise-D was damn near taken out by two Ferengi operated Bird-of-Preys.

And that damn thing was a battleship.
Old March 13 2013, 03:20 AM   #39
WarpFactorZ
Captain

Kruezerman wrote: View Post
Well, the Enterprise-D was damn near taken out by two Ferengi operated Bird-of-Preys.

And that damn thing was a battleship.
That's what I call the "TNG Rules of Engagement": no matter who, the Enterprise is always outgunned by her opponents (be it Romulans, Ferengi, Klingons in a 23rd century Bird-of-Prey, etc...).
Old March 13 2013, 03:27 AM   #40
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

TWOK: Enterprise is nearly crippled by a ship half her size (granted, her shields were down).

TFF: Same happens from ONE torpedo from another BOP.

TUC: Same happens but this time add the Excelsior to the ship list, and she was only hit once!
Old March 13 2013, 04:02 AM   #41
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Lord Garth, FOI wrote: View Post
It's been reported for nearly a week now that IGN says the Enterprise is the ship crashing into the water
Could you post a link to that, please?
Old March 13 2013, 03:34 PM   #42
EJD1984
Commander

Lord Garth, FOI wrote: View Post
We know its not giagantiprise because the engines ! pylons and general shape are different so by deduction it must be the original (April's) enterprise
Just because it's reported, doesn't mean it's an accurate report.
Old March 13 2013, 03:47 PM   #43
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Kruezerman wrote: View Post
TWOK: Enterprise is nearly crippled by a ship half her size (granted, her shields were down).
And Khan knew where to hit them to cripple the ship.

TFF: Same happens from ONE torpedo from another BOP.
Their shields were down, the ship was maned by a skeleton crew and still had bugs, and it looks like it only knocked out the transporter.

TUC: Same happens but this time add the Excelsior to the ship list, and she was only hit once!
Except they weren't crippled and they were fighting an invisible ship.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2013, 03:54 PM   #44
ralph
Captain

The last trailer scared the fans showing a half-destroyed Enterprise in orbit of Earth. Any comments ?

Scott Chambliss said: "Are you sure it was the Enterprise? This is a J.J. Abrams movie after all!"

No one know anything about the movie. I do not believe it is productive to speculate on this at present.
Old March 13 2013, 08:06 PM   #45
shatastrophic
Commander

I think its April's Enterprise...If you look at the pics of the Kirk Enterprise falling to Earth and its all battle damaged the name Enterprise is blown off perfectly.

I guessing the scene of the Kirk Enterprise falling to Earth is the aftermath of the big reveal that Marcus and Harrison are in cohoots. Marcus or Harrison annoucing something to the effect there is only one Enterprise and its not the new flagship one. Im guessing the attack on the Enterprise is specific beyond that of the other attacks that happen on Earth, that it might be a symbol of something more than just revenge to the antagonists.

But hey that's based on what I've seen preview-wise and what ive read here. Was there an Enterprise between the NX-01 and the one we have now? There is plenty of room in the story to say there was and maybe it just disappeared along with its crew and was listed as lost, thus the need for the new one being built in Star Trek 2009.

It could go along with the original timeline a little more in that originally (per memory alpha) the Enterprise was built in
2245 and I think Kirk took command in 2265 after April and Pike. Kirk was born in 2233. This would've made him around 32, in season 2 we have "the deadly years" where he stated he is 34 so its close. The Enterprise could've been built in the year 2245 in the alternate reality too with April in command. In the AR Kirk would've been 12 stealing his uncle's vette. But something happens (movie maguffin) and the Enterprise is lost, thus causing a new Enterprise to be built in 2255 when Kirk is 23 and then of course with him in command at around 25 or 26 in the year 2258. Wait I think my math is wrong....

Anyhow that would mean that 2009's Enterprise is technically an Enterprise A. Maybe they don't do the whole a,b,c thing in the alt reality. But it would be a great plot twist in that the orig Enterprise went missing with only a few survivors only to return and be a part of the revenge terrorism that Harrison is supposed to cause.

Speculation is fun...but that is all it should be!!

Last edited by shatastrophic; March 13 2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: grammar
shatastrophic is offline   Reply With Quote