RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,704
Members: 24,834
Currently online: 435
Newest member: kamkaran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old February 24 2013, 01:07 PM   #1
TaCoskun
Ensign

Wonderful Enterprise 1702 (Fan made) flying at future earth

Hi friends,

just finished my newest project with my own Star Trek based spaceship model. I redesigned all ship textures and spent much more attention to the environment this time. Look forward to listen to your opinions:

Click the Image to see the video.

FAQ:
a) Why the ring?:
I asked my self why almost all windows in federation ship ar either facing to the top or to the bottom but they are always on the side of the room. I think this question would be crucial for the design of a real space ship. The ring solves that problem, since more windows can be placed at the sites enabling the ship to provide more natural and therefore more luxury rooms to the crew.

Why 1702:
Well, this is fanmade and just of hobby of mine. On purpose I decided to not place my ship in the original series of Enterprises. The first reason behind is that I wanted to avoid insulting critical fans and the second reason is that I am not an owner of Star Trek and wanted to show my respect to the fans and to Star Trek by changing the number instead of attaching another letter like G or F. I know also that there is another ship in the original Star trek world with 1702 as registriy. But the name Enterprise 1702 is quite distributed and you can find my videos easlily by googling this name. Thus, I will not change it. If the number still causes trouble, just consider this ship as part of a parallel universe (which it is actually, since this is not part of one of the original Star Trek universes. I don't have the right to put it into the original ship series of Enterprises).

c) In what time is this ship placed it?
Honestly, I don't care so much. I would like to have a new Star Trek series placed in the 24 or 25. century but I am just creating this animation because I want to see more Star Trek space scenes because I miss the time in which we could watch them weekly . I did not want to create a new series myself, thus those detailled questions are not my concern.

d) How many crew members does this ship have?
I just don't know. One could count the windows as an approximation to answer this question.

Last edited by TaCoskun; February 24 2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added thumbnail image to the link
TaCoskun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2013, 07:56 PM   #2
MarsWeeps
Captain

Re: Wonderful Enterprise 1702 (Fan made) flying at future earth

Interesting concept. While I'm not too big a fan of the ring design, it does look well done!
MarsWeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Avon
Fleet Captain

cool ship, maybe looks a bit small, window-giving-scale wise. the 1702 number just bugs me though.

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2013, 09:53 PM   #4
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Lovely vid
Old February 24 2013, 11:39 PM   #5
The Castellan
Commodore

Send a message via Yahoo to The Castellan

I like it I like ships minus the engineering sections, also, as a person who studies intensely in the UFO field ~dodges a brick thrown~, your design is very similar to some of the ones I have actually seen, so it's doubly cool
The meaning of the apocalypse is the opposite of what most people think. It does not mean the end of the world; it means the revealing of hidden secrets and the beginning of a heaven on earth. The apocalypse is starting now.
The Castellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 12:01 AM   #6
Avon
Fleet Captain

have you ever been probed?

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Old February 25 2013, 03:19 PM   #7
The Castellan
Commodore

junxon wrote: View Post
have you ever been probed?
The meaning of the apocalypse is the opposite of what most people think. It does not mean the end of the world; it means the revealing of hidden secrets and the beginning of a heaven on earth. The apocalypse is starting now.
Old February 25 2013, 03:52 PM   #8
TaCoskun
Ensign

Hi friends,

thank you for your nice comments. I appreciate that.

(at)junxon: I have no idea why people like are just so mean. I think, if you would be happy with yourselve and your life you should not need to insult other fans hard work. But if you feel better than, consider me as someone who should get probed because he spent love and time in creating a creative self-made video. If you think that it is "ill" to spent time to create something like that, I can just answer that I prefer to spent time creating some kind of art of Star Trek instead of trying to insult other people in the internet when they do great stuff. Whatever you say, I know that my work is incredible: It needs so much know-how, so much patience, an general 3D understanding and Computer graphics. I do not claim that my work is perfect, but I know it is impressive and good. Knowing that all of that is a one man work, makes it also more impressive. I have a pitty on you that you do not have something similar to show to the world, but this does not justify your mailce. Go and don't watch it, if you don't like it. There is no need to insult anybody here.
Old February 25 2013, 04:22 PM   #9
Avon
Fleet Captain

i said i liked your ship. so clearly you didn't pay attention to my first comment.

in fact go back up this thread and read my first comment. go on i'll wait for you.

the 'probed' comment was to the guy that studies ufos.

how dare you come in here criticizing me for criticizing you when i didn't in the first place. i pity the fool, it's people like you that are ruining the internet for us salt of the earth types, bet you've never done an honest days work in your life, you're no fan of star trek, i didnt fight through two veitnam wars to save you from the greeks for the right to wrongly criticize people, how dare you sir, continue disjointed rant, etc etc

so yeah.... 'people like me'

Hello to Jason Isaacs!

Last edited by Avon; February 25 2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old February 25 2013, 05:45 PM   #10
TaCoskun
Ensign

Well,

obviously I misunderstood you due to my bad English. I apologize for that and I did not realize that you are the same guy like before.

When I looked for the word "probed" dict.cc translated it like someone who need to be checked by a psychologist. If you meant that, my words are completely right. If you didn't meant that, I think you could have told me without insulting me again. You had the ability to see that I misunderstood your words, which I still do not understand. I did not have this ability due to the fact that I just trusted a dictionary on the internet.

Sorry, but your Vietnam story has nothing to do with me, Star Trek or anything else attached to that topic. I am not living in America, so there is even no relationship between this argument and me. I am sorry if you run through a hard time, but you did not do that for me or my country, you did just not saved me. Additionally, I am not a war fan, the opposite is the case. Consequently, I have nothing to say to that.

Just realized that you meant it like I understood, you just did not meant me: You should actually not insult somebody else too. If the UFO guy likes to do what he does, he has the right to do so without getting insulted by somebody who things it is stupid to spend time with that.

I don't know, why you think you should tell me that there are people that like you? Did I doubted that? Actually not, I just said that I prefer to spend my time with my animation instead of insulting people. Honestly, I would also prefer to read something about UFOs, instead of insulting anybody.

I appreciate that you liked my video and I still apologize for attacking you. But your comment was also not clear and you still insulted somebody here which you can admit, can't you? You Vietnam story really does not give you the right to do so.

Anyway, I forgive you and hope the UFO guy does the same and I hope that you simply show that you are a good guy which has been misunderstood by forgiving me too and apologizing by the UFO guy and stop insulting people which think different than you. It is all about respect and tolerance, which is the base of Star Trek, isn't it?

I would appreciate if my comment and also the "probe" and "Vietnam" of Junxon and comment gets deleted since they are out of topic. Thanks in advance.

Further explanation: It might help you to understand me when I tell you that I have been insulted more than 2000 times, because of my Star Trek animations. I never listened to that because I knew that none of the haters are able to anything similar. But it still hurts. You cannot do anything against it, it just hurts when your hard work is non-constructively criticized. And I am sure it also hurts when people say that you have to go to a psychologist because of the thing you believe in.
Old February 25 2013, 05:50 PM   #11
Avon
Fleet Captain

yeah... you totally didn't get what i meant.

the 'probed' was like 'probed by aliens'. which i'll be honest is a lame joke that seemed funny at the time. and wasn't aimed at you anyway.

and the weird rant was in response to your massive piece about me criticizing you when i hadn't. and if english isn't your first language i guess that would be lost in translation.

good luck with your starships and i'm out of here.

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Old February 25 2013, 07:06 PM   #12
TaCoskun
Ensign

Ok, I see the joke part now. I honestly apologize since I understood that you never meant to insult anybody. I actually read "two" hate comments at once which might made me expecting negative stuff, I would guess. Please don't be out of here just because of my mistake.

Here is one of my first tries to create my own design and animation which is Star Trek based: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga2b8eAs4i8
I had to learn for months to create the model and the animation that time. I was very proud, but look at the likes of the video (1050 dislikes and 71 likes). The comments are deactivated there, guess why ? Yes that's it, when you get such feedback, you might start expecting it. Sorry.

English is not my first language. I have actually two first languages: Turkish and German. But unfortunately, my Turkish is not better than my English, even worth due to minor practice.
Old February 26 2013, 04:48 AM   #13
The Castellan
Commodore

junxon wrote: View Post
yeah... you totally didn't get what i meant.

the 'probed' was like 'probed by aliens'. which i'll be honest is a lame joke that seemed funny at the time. and wasn't aimed at you anyway.

and the weird rant was in response to your massive piece about me criticizing you when i hadn't. and if english isn't your first language i guess that would be lost in translation.

good luck with your starships and i'm out of here.
I did not find the joke ammusing, since I already had to deal with jokes like that each time I mention anything remorely related to UFO's, hence why I stay in the art forums, mainly, now. Not in the moods for drama, you know.

Can't wait to see anymore of the stuffs.
Old February 27 2013, 07:11 PM   #14
TaCoskun
Ensign

I know how you feel my friend . But he admit that the joke was lame. And my attack was worse , so I would say we are all even now.

Thank you so much, I will definitely continue with that, because it is is a great hobby. It just need a lot of time .

Do you have a link of the similar vessel you mean? I would like to see that.
Old February 28 2013, 12:17 AM   #15
The Castellan
Commodore

I'll have to really fish through my files for that, and that's if it's was not on the hard drive that crashed on my old computer. And most of it is from witnesses who were there and saw the actual UFO. And from what they said, apart from the engine pods on yours, the disk shape you used is very close in the design from what they saw.

I'll send you some neat stuff, anyhow.

Send me your email address, since photobucket tends to shrink bigger pictures.

Last edited by The Castellan; February 28 2013 at 02:26 AM.